Anyone Else Think That Tangiers And Eric Is Becoming A Victim Of His Own Success?

Yeah pushing side to side makes a BIG difference with the traditional bowls, they smoke like a champ, and like I said saves on heat compared to a phunnel believe it or not.

As to the OP, I didn't get the vibe that you were bad talking at all, and same goes for you Ty, just discussion is all.

I do comment about things Eric has said quite a bit, but after my own research/experiences I feel his statements on the whole are valid.

See this is what I like about this forum compared to others. Here its:
Point made
Counter point offered
Counterpoint discussed further
Everyone is happy and got to share their opinion and no one goes full retard. Other forums a discussion like this would devolve into pointless name calling really quickly.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

See this is what I like about this forum compared to others. Here its:
Point made
Counter point offered
Counterpoint discussed further
Everyone is happy and got to share their opinion and no one goes full retard. Other forums a discussion like this would devolve into pointless name calling really quickly.

No forum like HF, whether there is tons of traffic or none, I am die hard HF, always!

Oh and one other thing I do with the turkish bowls is I sit them upside down after I pack them. I usually pack bowls an hour or so in advance, just a habit. But by doing this, more of the juice rushes to the top of the bowl so when you smoke you get hardly any juice dripping out of the bowl. I just did it with half mizo raspberry half mizo lemon and I only got 1 drop out of the bowl when it was cooked, none in the hookah pipe or water.

as long as he keeps making KP and other amazing flavours hes just eric to me, a smart ass guy who can be funny and a smart ass but his company is always enjoyable. so yah. and i beat him in fantasy football so im good. god shut down.. :)

To the point of blindly following Eric, I would like to mention that I do nothing blindly and that I am similar to Eric in that if I have a question, I research it to death and since I have questions about hookah all the time, I've usually spent some time researching the topics we discuss and like to think I'm well versed. The reason I "follow" Eric's advice is because it's rooted in logical hypotheses that he's had years to test out and prove or disprove compared to my seemingly miniscule 3 years experience with tangiers. Also I would put money down that now bowl of tang noir packed like starbuzz ever smoked better than a bowl at the lounge. Just saying. Also the lotus offers no benefit to the smoking experience and only offers added risk of destruction if property and is therefore a teribble investment. And I'm saying this from personal experience, not from a hive mind perspective.

Just speaking from experience I've had at least 2 bowls from eric's lounge that smoked absolutely terribly, After bringing it up to Eric, he quickly realized that I wasn't full of it, and had my bowls repacked. Sometimes the employee's he has pack simply don't do a great job at it, and he (at least when I've gone in the past, idk how it is lately with his new smaller lounge) rarely, if ever, packs bowls.

I definitely agree, Mattarios (been away too long, forgot your name, bro :/) Every time I've discussed something factual with Eric he has been spot on, he is an insanely knowledgeable man with loads of experience to back up his research. When it comes down to opinions I don't always see eye to eye with him, but his ideas usually do have merit.

When it comes to tobacco and packing, etc. I have used Erics method for years and have it down pretty good, but I've found that there are other ways that are easier; requiring less precision and time, but relying on more feeling and 'judgement' as opposed to the foil/palm test. Truthfully, it's probably just my own laziness but lately I've been just throwing tobacco into my bowls however I feel like it, sometimes over the rim and a little fluffy, sometimes dense and just under the rim, etc. It saves me time and has been relatively consistent. I've started to wonder if the newer cuts of tobacco aren't as picky as they used to be. Either that or I've become desensitized to terrible bowls lol

Pavo, KP is the businesss! I just ordered more the other day haha. also, <3 miss you

To the point of blindly following Eric, I would like to mention that I do nothing blindly and that I am similar to Eric in that if I have a question, I research it to death and since I have questions about hookah all the time, I've usually spent some time researching the topics we discuss and like to think I'm well versed. The reason I "follow" Eric's advice is because it's rooted in logical hypotheses that he's had years to test out and prove or disprove compared to my seemingly miniscule 3 years experience with tangiers. Also I would put money down that now bowl of tang noir packed like starbuzz ever smoked better than a bowl at the lounge. Just saying. Also the lotus offers no benefit to the smoking experience and only offers added risk of destruction if property and is therefore a teribble investment. And I'm saying this from personal experience, not from a hive mind perspective.

Just speaking from experience I've had at least 2 bowls from eric's lounge that smoked absolutely terribly, After bringing it up to Eric, he quickly realized that I wasn't full of it, and had my bowls repacked. Sometimes the employee's he has pack simply don't do a great job at it, and he (at least when I've gone in the past, idk how it is lately with his new smaller lounge) rarely, if ever, packs bowls.

I definitely agree, Mattarios (been away too long, forgot your name, bro :/) Every time I've discussed something factual with Eric he has been spot on, he is an insanely knowledgeable man with loads of experience to back up his research. When it comes down to opinions I don't always see eye to eye with him, but his ideas usually do have merit.

When it comes to tobacco and packing, etc. I have used Erics method for years and have it down pretty good, but I've found that there are other ways that are easier; requiring less precision and time, but relying on more feeling and 'judgement' as opposed to the foil/palm test. Truthfully, it's probably just my own laziness but lately I've been just throwing tobacco into my bowls however I feel like it, sometimes over the rim and a little fluffy, sometimes dense and just under the rim, etc. It saves me time and has been relatively consistent. I've started to wonder if the newer cuts of tobacco aren't as picky as they used to be. Either that or I've become desensitized to terrible bowls lol

Pavo, KP is the businesss! I just ordered more the other day haha. also, <3 miss you

No worries man, name is John.

I also agree with what you said as well. While he is usually on point with factual things, I don't always agree with his opinions either.

• 4 weeks later...

It's always interesting to listen to Eric talk.  Granted, when things get a bit too technical, I'm lost but you can tell he is knowledgeable and passionate about certain topics.  That alone makes him an interesting person to me.