Ideas For A Plausible Electric Coal

This item is used for illegal stuff so idk if this post might be againdt the rules .

this is a e nail , I can go up to 1000 degress in a few minutes and some even have a automatic on and off switch, I think this could be adapted ito a e coal

How its wraped around glsss in the picture, maybe it can be wrspped sround a good glsss bowl like a crown and heated to perfect tobacco vaporizing temperature

That's pretty awesome, i think it could easily be adapted, but the biggest issue is this: that is used to heat the glass very hot, which in turn heats the "product". I don't know that most hookah bowls can take that kind of heat required to make that work. I mean, I have a ton of Tangiers bowls I could try it on, but I feel like it would just shatter the bowl once it got hot enough to vaporize the tobacco.

That's pretty awesome, i think it could easily be adapted, but the biggest issue is this: that is used to heat the glass very hot, which in turn heats the "product". I don't know that most hookah bowls can take that kind of heat required to make that work. I mean, I have a ton of Tangiers bowls I could try it on, but I feel like it would just shatter the bowl once it got hot enough to vaporize the tobacco.

Couldn't you envelop the heating device in the same type of blown glass that's heavily resistant to heat shattering and place that into or on top of the bowl? 

Couldn't you envelop the heating device in the same type of blown glass that's heavily resistant to heat shattering and place that into or on top of the bowl? 

Oh absolutely, just saying that using the existing hardware WITH this device would be tough. Very much a possibility I think.

Another thing to consider, these devices were probably meant to flash heat "product" fast, then turn off, much like a lighter, so they would definitely require a bit of tweaking to get right. Couple them with an air sensor to activate it and it could work out pretty well.

Oh absolutely, just saying that using the existing hardware WITH this device would be tough. Very much a possibility I think.

Another thing to consider, these devices were probably meant to flash heat "product" fast, then turn off, much like a lighter, so they would definitely require a bit of tweaking to get right. Couple them with an air sensor to activate it and it could work out pretty well.

I'm open to the whole "Put a button on the hose to activate it to keep the cost low" idea.

I'm open to the whole "Put a button on the hose to activate it to keep the cost low" idea.
A pressure/vacuum sensitive switch in a mouthpiece may be better. It (the heating element) rests at a lower, constant temperature, then when the vacuum switch in the hose/mouthpiece is activated, the ecoal increases the temperature slightly until the switch is disengaged. That way the bowl would stay hot the entire session and you'd get the "stoking" effect that natural coals have when taking a hit.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk Edited by tjmitch

A pressure/vacuum sensitive switch in a mouthpiece may be better. It (the heating element) rests at a lower, constant temperature, then when the vacuum switch in the hose/mouthpiece is activated, the ecoal increases the temperature slightly until the switch is disengaged. That way the bowl would stay hot the entire session and you'd get the "stoking" effect that natural coals have when taking a hit.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Why not just add this switch or sensor on the coal itself so it can tell when there is an increase of airflow or pressure coming through the top of the bowl?

Why not just add this switch or sensor on the coal itself so it can tell when there is an increase of airflow or pressure coming through the top of the bowl?

Because the pressure difference is likely not as big and more accurate/sensitive hardware means higher price.

When I did a little searching and calling, the type of air sensor necessary to be installed in the actual unit were roughly $120 a pop. I called a few different places, explained the idea, and they all led me to the same sensor, don't remember what it was called, I could dig and find it.

Obviously cheaper wholesale but still, expensive if you want these things to only cost ~$50-100

But think about the overall savings. Then $100-150 doesn't seem too bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No totally, I agree, but having talked w/ various hookah smokers they say it is too much up front. Many may be able to pay for a couple boxes of coals every couple months but not able to fork over $150 at once.

But think about the overall savings. Then $100-150 doesn't seem too bad.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No totally, I agree, but having talked w/ various hookah smokers they say it is too much up front. Many may be able to pay for a couple boxes of coals every couple months but not able to fork over $150 at once.

I think the answer to the problem of cost is 3d printing, I think when the technology advances more and when we are able print out fully funtional printed microprocessors it could be produced at a fairly cheap and at a decent production rate

When I did a little searching and calling, the type of air sensor necessary to be installed in the actual unit were roughly $120 a pop. I called a few different places, explained the idea, and they all led me to the same sensor, don't remember what it was called, I could dig and find it.

Obviously cheaper wholesale but still, expensive if you want these things to only cost ~$50-100

And that's why I think a mouthpiece with a cheap e-cig vacuum switch put into it would be more viable for a low cost method.

And that's why I think a mouthpiece with a cheap e-cig vacuum switch put into it would be more viable for a low cost method.

How would you get the switch to communicate with the heating element? Wireless communication? RF, Bluetooth, Wifi? Unless you had a line going the entire length of the hose connecting to the e-coal. Which I guess would be a suitable answer.

How would you get the switch to communicate with the heating element? Wireless communication? RF, Bluetooth, Wifi? Unless you had a line going the entire length of the hose connecting to the e-coal. Which I guess would be a suitable answer.

For the prototype, a wire. Final production, probably BT or RF. Either works and can be done fairly cheaply. Far less than $100 just for the sensor to go on top of the bowl.