New Study..

I saw this article yesterday as well. Meant to check out the sources later but didn't find the time. Will try to today. One of the comments said they weren't legit, IIRC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know. It seems kinda legit cuz they tested the urine in the hookah smokers. My question is the benzene. Does that come from the tobacco or the quick lights or what??

It seems to me that I would prefer those chemicals to be in my urine rather than my blood. Either way, one urine sample doesnt offer any insight into if and how/how fast your body can process and eliminate those chemicals anyway. I know chemophobia is at an all time high but the body is actually pretty good at cleaning itself on the inside. I would have much rather seen a comparison of the urine samplesb from the day after smoking, and the next few days to see what your body does with those particular substances. Only taking one sample sounds like a faulty method that was intentionally designed to mislead, kind of like the "you inhale 100 times more smoke than a cigarette during a hookah session". That's just my personal feeling on the matter.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I don't know. It seems kinda legit cuz they tested the urine in the hookah smokers. My question is the benzene. Does that come from the tobacco or the quick lights or what??

Legit because they give no actual information? NO proof of studies? No methods? They give nothing in that article except a ridiculous claim without proof.

This study, if you can even call it that, is just like the rest of the "studies" out there.

A legit study looks like this:

http://jpma.org.pk/full_article_text.php?article_id=4983

or this

http://www.harmreductionjournal.com/content/5/1/19

Was there an ACTUAL study linked in the article? I don't think I ever found one.

http://cebp.aacrjournals.org/content/early/2014/05/14/1055-9965.EPI-13-0939.abstract

It's complete garbage.  Your experimental group is 55 people at different bars smoking as they normally would and no control group in sight?  Sounds legit. 

Oh, your nicotine and CO levels increased immediately after smoking?  Shocker there!  /sarcasm

My FB also blew up last week b/c of this.  Yet I'm the only one I know from my FB friends who actually read the damned "study" and see it as complete nonsense.

yep, and a 73 fold increase when you start at 0 is not alarming at all lol.

Abstract: We took 20 college-aged males and had them abstain for alcohol for a week.  We then had them go out to bars and drink as they normally would.  We discovered a 20%-300% increase in their BAC levels.

Conclusion: A single night of drinking CAN KILL!!!!

yep, and a 73 fold increase when you start at 0 is not alarming at all lol.

Abstract: We took 20 college-aged males and had them abstain for alcohol for a week.  We then had them go out to bars and drink as they normally would.  We discovered a 20%-300% increase in their BAC levels.

Conclusion: A single night of drinking CAN KILL!!!!

yep, pretty much lol