A Bit Of An Odd Situation

Hello Forum family!

So, I have run into an odd situation. About a week ago, Hallie and I were smoking mizo blueberry in the early afternoon, we had a good filling dinner of steak, and then smoked lychee in the evening, as we usually smoke those two times daily. Well about half way through round two of coals on the lychee bowl, i started feeling sick, got nauseous, and then decided to lay down, scared i was gonna pass out of puke.

The next day, we smoked Double Apple in the early afternoon and blueberry at night, with chicken for dinner, this time I did not get to feeling gross.

Day after that, Lychee in the afternoon and at night, chicken for dinner, did not get gross

Next day, Blueberry in the afternoon and lychee at night, steak for dinner, got gross

After that, Blueberry both times, I forget what was for dinner, did not get gross

After that, blueberry in the afternoon and double apple in the evening, had vegan taquitos for dinner, got gross

After that, DA both times, and steak for dinner, did not get gross.

Today lychee both times, currently about half way through the second round, and feeling fine, had chicken and potatoes for dinner.

Each time I stayed adequately hydrated, I lit my coals outside, as I have for the last 9 months, and I was using Golden Canaries. My original thoery was that the lychee  or the steak was affecting me adversely, however; after the same thing happened with double apple, and no steak for dinner, I had to reassess the situation. My theory now is that the blueberry was acting weird in my system when mixed with another flavor later on, part of my thinking on this was that the blueberry taste stayed in my mouth long after each session.

So I want to seek your thoughts on this situation, and ask if this type of thing has happened to anyone else before? 

I also realize that I eat a lot of steak and chicken, i have ridiculous food allergies, and those are two things from the local butcher shop that have not given me a reaction. 

Hello Forum family!

So, I have run into an odd situation. About a week ago, Hallie and I were smoking mizo blueberry in the early afternoon, we had a good filling dinner of steak, and then smoked lychee in the evening, as we usually smoke those two times daily. Well about half way through round two of coals on the lychee bowl, i started feeling sick, got nauseous, and then decided to lay down, scared i was gonna pass out of puke.

The next day, we smoked Double Apple in the early afternoon and blueberry at night, with chicken for dinner, this time I did not get to feeling gross.

Day after that, Lychee in the afternoon and at night, chicken for dinner, did not get gross

Next day, Blueberry in the afternoon and lychee at night, steak for dinner, got gross

After that, Blueberry both times, I forget what was for dinner, did not get gross

After that, blueberry in the afternoon and double apple in the evening, had vegan taquitos for dinner, got gross

After that, DA both times, and steak for dinner, did not get gross.

Today lychee both times, currently about half way through the second round, and feeling fine, had chicken and potatoes for dinner.

Each time I stayed adequately hydrated, I lit my coals outside, as I have for the last 9 months, and I was using Golden Canaries. My original thoery was that the lychee  or the steak was affecting me adversely, however; after the same thing happened with double apple, and no steak for dinner, I had to reassess the situation. My theory now is that the blueberry was acting weird in my system when mixed with another flavor later on, part of my thinking on this was that the blueberry taste stayed in my mouth long after each session.

So I want to seek your thoughts on this situation, and ask if this type of thing has happened to anyone else before? 

I also realize that I eat a lot of steak and chicken, i have ridiculous food allergies, and those are two things from the local butcher shop that have not given me a reaction. 

If the mizo blueberry is anything like mizo raspberry.. It could very well be that. The mizo rasp is SUPER sweet to me and almost (about 80% of the time) makes my stomach sick. I've never had blueberry, but I'd imagine the flavors have a relatively similar flavor profile?

Idk.. my thoughts is all

It tasted like...well, I can't describe it, but so far really fruity flavors have been making me sick...last year it was the white summer missed fruit, now blueberry, I'm thinking it was the blueberry too, as yesterday I smoked lychee all day and was fine. I'll see how it goes the rest of this week...next step is smoking two flavors (probably lychee and double Apple or i ce raspberry mint) in a day and seeing how it affects me

Dude how the hell do you keep track of what you smoke two times a day everyday for that long?! Lol.

I only have about three flavors open at any one time.

alex i get that way with mizo peach like every other time i smoke it and sometimes with certain falvours i get grossed out and its only been latly, i gag and feel like throwing up but idk what is causing mine either

wow, i really don't even know, are you the only one getting sick? does it happen with other brands? Are you cleaning stem and base out for each session?  So you light all coals outside, no bump lighting... what are the chances of co2 poisoning. The thing that makes it so confusing is one day will be fine then next day not. Even though you smoked the same tobaccos just in different orders.

alex i get that way with mizo peach like every other time i smoke it and sometimes with certain falvours i get grossed out and its only been latly, i gag and feel like throwing up but idk what is causing mine either

wow, i really don't even know, are you the only one getting sick? does it happen with other brands? Are you cleaning stem and base out for each session?  So you light all coals outside, no bump lighting... what are the chances of co2 poisoning. The thing that makes it so confusing is one day will be fine then next day not. Even though you smoked the same tobaccos just in different orders.

that is what is trip[ping me up as well.

I dont bump light because i have always been sensitive to coals lighting, so I do it outside and keep the door closed while they light.

While we smoke there are windows open in the house and the air on, and ceiling fans on. This has not happened to anyone else in the house, which makes it all the more perplexing.

On top of this, since we ran out of blueberry it has not happened, as we smoked a lot last night, as we had people over till 4 am, I did not get sick then.

its carbon MONoxide, CO not CO2..science!

its carbon MONoxide, CO not CO2..science!

I always get them mixed up, At least you guys knew what I meant... this probably will not be the last time i get it wrong.

Funny story though, I've had problems with too much co2 in my system before unrelated to hookah though.

Had a panic attack a few weeks back and almost drove off a mountain on accident, luckily I got out of my car before that happened, but any way the folks on the ambulance let me know that my co2 was thru the roof abd my oxygen almost non-existent.

If you were having heart palpitations, a racing pulse, and/or a cold sweat, in addition to the nausea...it might be solvent chemicals that aren't rated for human consumption. 

It could be some sort of contamination, it could be a newer, stronger nicotine base tobacco. It could be acclimation. Over that long a period a time, acclimation is a lot less likely. I take it the White Summer Mixed Fruit affected you similarly? Thats interesting. It eliminates a lot of possible scenarios. 

If you were having heart palpitations, a racing pulse, and/or a cold sweat, in addition to the nausea...it might be solvent chemicals that aren't rated for human consumption. 

It could be some sort of contamination, it could be a newer, stronger nicotine base tobacco. It could be acclimation. Over that long a period a time, acclimation is a lot less likely. I take it the White Summer Mixed Fruit affected you similarly? Thats interesting. It eliminates a lot of possible scenarios. 

White Summer Mixed Fruit did affect me similarly, that was last year though.

Other Tangiers flavours have not affected me in this way though, nor have many other nakhla flavours, with the exception of orange peach nakhla, but I wasn't trying to put two and two together with this stuff when i tried it, and chalked it up to packing the bowl wrong or not eating enough or something.

Yesterday i smoked a bowl of noir welsh cream, and later nakhla two apples and didn't get to feeling sick at all.