Hoses For Narrow Hose Port?

Have you tried using a standard Nammor hose? They seem to fit nearly everything, and don't have a hose port handle.

It'll be tough. Options I know of.

Mya Hoses
Tonic Hoses
Small OG Nammors
NuHose
Fancy Hose
Magical Mystery Hose
Cheap Washables (Al Fakher, Al Sultan, Inhale, etc.)

I have a few tonic washable hoses and a couple of razans, both of which are too large. The razan is a better fit. The handle isnt the issue, the hose port tips are either too wide or dont have enough of an angle.

If it's THAT small you may just have to resort to a Nu/Fancy Hose.

Using a damp paper towel strip, how's the fit? Still too tight? If so, what Syrian do you have? I'd like to know to make sure I avoid getting it. :lol:

No but really, I hope we can find you a good fitting hose for you... As Stuie mentioned, the small Nammors have a smaller hose port tip. And it's still a decently sized hose (won't feel tiny in your hands... giggidy).

Me personally I have a Razan Abu Mahir hose, a fretted Nammor, and a Fancy hose and all fit my Syrians great. But then again, I have Al Nawras ones with the larger hose ports... I really hate that so many Syrians out there come with such tiny hose ports. Makes Syrians look bad!

Maybe the solution would be to get a Syrian pipe that doesn't suck :D

Seriously though, I know it can be frustrating. I went through that with my Mya.

What exactly do you mean by greater angle? Do you need a relatively sharp angle or relatively broad angle? I'm guessing that your hose port is smaller than a standard Mya hose port?

I have a Small Nammor and it has a pretty small port end. The angle on it is pretty sharp, which should, theoretically, work in your hose port whatever shape it is as long as you have the right gasket.

I don't use it. If you want it, I'll send it to you for free + shipping with an assortment of gaskets.

The pipe was from squidget, for the lady. The hose port is narrower than a Mya but similar in shape.I really do not want to have to use a nuhose.

Thanks for the offer Skoozle, I am PMing you now.

Mark, maybe I should try a combination of both of those things, if it was my pipe I would be a little less hesitant. Good ideas though.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/RXLKO.jpg[/img]

Ahh, the infamous Nour Camila. Those things are notorious for having tiny hose ports. :( Sorry man. I've heard of people doing what Mark suggested- sanding down the inside of it to fit bigger hose port tips better.

jess if you want to come to the shop saturday i can bring a dremel with me, we can also try the multipule hoses at the shop see if any fit. Also whats wrong the the fancy hoses? huh huh! just let me know.

[quote name='Skoozle' timestamp='1359432198' post='569930']
I have to admit, It was pretty impressive for a second that the Narwas was casting a South Smoke shadow. :facepalm:
[/quote]

:lol:

[quote name='Pavo21' timestamp='1359501840' post='570021']
jess if you want to come to the shop saturday i can bring a dremel with me, we can also try the multipule hoses at the shop see if any fit. Also whats wrong the the fancy hoses? huh huh! just let me know.
[/quote]

Yeah I am going to test out the hose Skoozle was nice enough to send to me and then go from there. I should bring the pipe in anyways though.

Fancy hoses :rolleyes: certainly the worst word to describe them.

I have the nour cross hatch model. I got my 3yr old small nammor to fit by sanding down the outside and using one piece of paper towel as grommet. The nour ports are a bitch, the angle and length just don't make any sense for function.

Nuhose/Fancy hose is by far the best performing hose I have come in contact with. While they're cheaply made, the hose post handle is tiny, last for quite some time considering the price, and the draw is phenomenal. Sure they don't look great, however I will take a hookah that smokes amazingly over a hookah that looks amazing.