Big Change

SaintPendulous

Im at a point in my life where something hasta change, im not in a horrible place, im doing ok financially but i expect alot out of myself. In order for big change to come into my life i think i need to make some of my own....

my daily routine is go to work for ten hours, then come home and turn on netflix and do that till i go to bed 5 hours later.....and pretty much thats my life. So in order to sorta FORCE change, im takin a first and gettin rid of my TV and giving it to my dad. which means no more netflix, no more skyrim.....but i think it will be for the better. Ill hafta try and find more constructive methods of using my time, like on my D&D Campaing, maybe pick up reading again or find a new hobby

anybody else live without a TV?

I have a tv. No cable. I don't watch it much except for basketball games. Besides cars and hookah, my third love is basketball. I go to probably 3-4 games a month. It's a win win, because my girlfriend is a big Rockets fan too so its something we can go out and do.

It's not that I don't like to watch tv, but I just don't really have time for it. Always busy doing something else. I do enjoy watching some Netflix while smoking without friends but even then I usually pick surfing the web/being active on forums over TV.

I have a TV but no cable. Anything I want to watch is either on Netflix or easily findable on the internet and I can just hook my laptop to my TV to watch it.

I pay for cable. Thank god I'm about to not anymore. But we'll still have it while staying at the hotel. Brooke and I have been debating shutting it off for a long time now. Both of us have grown up with it so its just kinda hard for us to totally do without it. But I think we'd be aight. I'd choose TC or Internet surfing over TV any day, and often do. TV has just grown to extreme shitiness, especially with "reality" shows (you guys have NO idea how scripted those actually are).

I don't really care to watch tv lately other than Top Gear. I don't have much time to watch anyway, maybe 20 min here or there.

I did however, live for a few years without a TV. When I moved from GA to VA, I didn't have a tv to bring with me, and I didn't buy one when I got here.

I was fine without one. When the weather was nice, I would go for a motorcycle ride. I went out and met new people, did some off the wall things, occasionally woke up at a strangers house. Played quite a few Sunday morning games of "find my car".

It wasn't the safest or most responsable way to pass the time, but I'm glad I did that instead of rotting my brain in front of the tv.

I'm guessing you have already done this, but if you are having trouble getting rid of your tv, ask your self after each show "how did this benefit me?" You'll be tv free in a week. Even documentaries are usually shit you don't need to know and could live without.

25+ hours a week of netflix? Imagine what you could do with 25 hours a week.