Might Be Moving Soon...

Chreees

Lease is up at the end of the month I'm pretty sure. My boss yesterday mentioned that if Brooke and I ever needed a place to stay for a while, that he would let us stay for free to allow us to save money. He's been very generous thus far and took the news of us leaving well. I am currently applying for jobs in West TN, Jackson or Memphis, while Brooke must stay in the area to finish her costume designing for the MTSU play here in a couple months. She gets done with that at the end of February. I can and am willing to move (stay with her parents for the time being) if I get a job in West TN. Brooke would stay here until she is done with the play. Benefits of this:

1. We don't have to pay rent, utilities, cable bill, or internet bill for ~3 months. That's saving us well over $600 a month that we can put towards moving expenses/tide us over until we've both got jobs in West TN.

2. We don't have to break our lease if we have to move out before the new one expires. A renewal would be for three months (we've been on a 3 month renewal basis for about half a year now, since I told my landlady we'd probably be moving soon), but it just may not match up timing wise if I get a new job and whatnot.

3. Brooke would feel much safer staying here at the hotel than by herself in Murfreesboro if I were to get a job before she can move with me.

We'd be staying in a one-bedroom suite, a good bit smaller than where we are currently living. But it'd only be for a few months, tops. As for our stuff, we'd go ahead and move it to West TN to a storage unit for the time being. That way we only pay for a moving truck once, as we can just use her dad's truck and move our things little by little once we establish ourselves in a new home there eventually.

Only potential problem is our cat, if my boss would let her in or not. I think he'd probably be okay with it, but we'll see. He knows us pretty well and how well we take care of our stuff. I was thinking I could take pics of our apt to show him how it is, that our cat doesn't tear stuff up like some do.

Anyway, I've talked to my grandma and dad about this, and Brooke has talked to her mom. They all agreed it was a good idea. I'm just scared of change, I guess. I know this is the plan, and it is the best thing to do, but I hate changing up my routine. Ultimately it's what I gotta do to get where I wanna be in the future. My new year's resolution is in play, it seems.

Gonna talk to my boss here in a bit, when he comes in. I'll let you guys know how it goes.

As for my hookah stuff, I have no idea what to do with it. Do I pack it all up and send it to West TN to be put in storage? Or do I try to make room for it and keep it with me? I probably would not smoke here at the hotel, but I don't know. TOO MUCH CONFLICT, I HATE CHANGE.

So I talked to my boss. All seems good, except for that he'd prefer us to stay in a regular-size pet-friendly room if we bring the cat. Also, he said he may need that suite for the new housekeepers he just hired. So not sure where exactly we'd be staying, but it looks like the regular-size pet-friendly room (with no kitchen area, stove, etc.... so not sure what we'd do about cooking and whatnot), BUT it would definitely be fully furnished, meaning we could just take all of our stuff to a storage unit in West TN and not have to worry about moving any of the rest of it later here in a few months or anything.

i'd say keep your most precious things closest to you.....meaning your hookahs :) but good luck with finding a place to live along with new jobs! hope everything works out for the best! also hope you can figure out the cooking thing

Brooke's not too crazy about being in a small regular room, so I dunno what we're going to do about it now... Going to call my landlady here in a bit, ask her exactly when our lease is up, and if we can renew on a month-to-month basis.

I'm the same Chreees. Hate change. Im moving further away from friends and family (seems like I'm already to far) for another year until my girlfriend finishes school and I save a little more with the job I have now. It's going to be a LONG next year for me but afterwards I know it will pay off. Point I'm making, even though change sucks, it will be worth it being closer to your family/friends and ultimately being happier. Try to do a month to month and with each month that passes search your heart out for a job back in west TN. I wish you the best Chris.

Lol, we love the cat way too much to just give her away now. Brooke and I both agreed that if the cat was a problem, we'd seek alternative options. Either way, my boss seemed to be more concerned about having that suite available for the new housekeepers rather than the cat being a problem. I told him I didn't think a regular room would work for us since we'd need to cook and such, and he told me that he could try to get us in a suite, but he wasn't sure, because of the housekeeping situation. Regardless, he told me we'd have to wait for it to be finished remodeling first (who knows when that will be).

I called and talked to my landlady about the lease renewal. She said I could renew for another three months, and as long as I gave her a month's notice, I could leave early, no problem. To avoid hassle with my boss, I'm thinking this is the best option for now. As nice as it would be saving all that money each month... Oh well.

I hate how quickly all this is happening. Thanks for the words of comfort, guys. It does help.

Well, talked to my boss again and we decided we're going for it. Gonna suck being in such a small room for ~3 months, but we'll make it work.

Gotta start boxing up our things so that they are ready to put on the moving truck on the 27th. Then it's all gonna go to a storage unit in our hometown for whenever we're ready to get our own place there in the area.

TVs, other electronics, and other temperature-sensitive items are going in the spare bedroom we stay in when we visit her parents. Haven't decided what to do with my hookah stuff yet. There won't be much room in the tiny hotel room, so it'll probably go to stay in the spare bedroom at her parents'. Definitely don't want any of it getting messed up...

pack up as much as you can, like you said, it would be about 2 months or so.. A normal sized room will fill up very fast. maybe for that month you could leave a pipe and tobaccy at a nearby friends house, then if you want to smoke you have somewhere to do it. Sounds like you guys are really taking it seriously now, I do hope it works in your favor.

the good news is that recently it has become cheaper for a small family to eat out than cook at home for the most part. http://money.msn.com/family-money/is-eating-out-cheaper-than-cooking-fiscaltimes.aspx

[quote name='fineout' timestamp='1358296942' post='568685']
the good news is that recently it has become cheaper for a small family to eat out than cook at home for the most part. [url="http://money.msn.com/family-money/is-eating-out-cheaper-than-cooking-fiscaltimes.aspx"]http://money.msn.com...iscaltimes.aspx[/url]
[/quote]

Sometimes... I buy in bulk at Sam's Cook 20 meals on a Saturday and freeze. A lot of times I am spending 10 bucks a meal for a family of four.

My wife is in a cooking co-op we cook a ton and trade meals also. But we got a book called, Fix, Freeze, Feast. We cook on Saturdays, because if we don't we are too tired to cook during the week.

Movin on up. Man I don't stop in very often. When did this "Brooke" happen?

You don't have a single coil burner? How have you been lighting coal? Rubbing sticks together?

You guys are getting a storage unit. When you put your stuff in there, just set it up like your living room amd you can go there to smoke.

Why have I never heard you speak of this Brooke until now? Or do I just not pay any attention at all whatsoever? And furthermore, where'd I leave my wallet? And furtherfurthermore, you been good other than moving stress?

[quote name='Skoozle' timestamp='1358404428' post='568806']
You don't have a single coil burner? How have you been lighting coal? Rubbing sticks together?

You guys are getting a storage unit. When you put your stuff in there, just set it up like your living room amd you can go there to smoke.
[/quote]

I have always lit my coals on the stove- it's electric with coil burners.

One problem with that- the storage unit will be 3 hours away. We're going ahead and taking our stuff there since that's where we plan on eventually getting a place.

[quote name='Giant Ninja Robot' timestamp='1358440303' post='568845']
Why have I never heard you speak of this Brooke until now? Or do I just not pay any attention at all whatsoever? And furthermore, where'd I leave my wallet? And furtherfurthermore, you been good other than moving stress?
[/quote]

I dunno man. You do only check in every now and then, so maybe that's why. I dunno where your wallet is, but I hope you find it. It may come in handy next time you want to purchase something. Yeah, been pretty good man. How about yourself?

Been darn good. Focusing on my daughters, new music, fitness, trying to figure out how the hell single life works. Miss you homies, glad things are on the up with ya. MAKE THAT LIFE-CHANGE YOUR BITCH! YEAH! And tell Brooke Mark says "hi"