Car Lovers in here =)

Anpu

well currently i drive my dad's (RIP) 03 chevy suburban LT. this thing is fully loaded on 20's! we are tryin 2 sell it so im drivin it around so it can be seen ya know? my car is an 86 camaro iroc-z with a 305, hooker headers, and a full 3inch flowmaster exhaust system....american thunder to be exact. i got it with 85k original miles i wanna say 4 years ago and right now its at 104k. its not super fast or anything but runs like a champ for the most part and sounds nice. its overheating on me however. my thermostat is shot and i have been too lazy to fix it...besides i gotta get the suburban off my hands...its too friggin expensive!!!! but yea i love my car ima chevy boy cant wait till the 09 camaros come out hopefully i could afford one! cant find the pic i had of my car but ill post it soon as i find it

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love my car.. 2001 VW GTI with a jetta front end conversion...i plan on getting it APR tuned and plan on getting their Stage 3+ turbo kit...which will give me around 340 hp on 93 octane...i just have to save up the 5500 bucks..lol Right now i just have a big brake conversion on the front, cold air intake, Sachs performance flywheel and clutch....the rest is stock...but it still gets me around fairly quickly!

[img]http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c360/cerealkiller630/02-29-04_1922.jpg[/img]

My baby is a '68 Mini that I am in the process of doing a ground-up rebuild on. I also have a 2003 Forester (for when I want to be safe), and a 2000 Civic Si (for when I want to be fast and mostly safe). Neither of those hold a candle to the Mini though for sheer fun factor.

Yah My second post! Love Shisha and cars!
This is my car,, had her since high school.. still prr's like a kitten
Bmw M... Not to sure of the Hp specs never got it a dino after the mods but i have a Scorpian Exhaust super loud and low, Shark injector Chip, Short ratio gearbox, Cold air intake, and a bunch of stuff to the xterior..
But its starting to snow in the winter and i don't have a garage at the house i have for uni gonna be taking her back home to calgary this weekend and storing her for winter and switching with my truck... Theres some pics of my car and truck...

[url="http://img285.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture008ks5.jpg"][img]http://img285.imageshack.us/img285/2364/picture008ks5.th.jpg[/img][/url]
Car

[url="http://img71.imageshack.us/my.php?image=rides018pm0.jpg"][img]http://img71.imageshack.us/img71/3870/rides018pm0.th.jpg[/img][/url]
Car and Truck

[url="http://img285.imageshack.us/my.php?image=rides001gj9.jpg"][img]http://img285.imageshack.us/img285/5772/rides001gj9.th.jpg[/img][/url]

Thats my tire after a day of drifting haha it was allot of fun mabe i'll post the video for it later... Mabe i should try drifting while smoking shisha haha noo
Funny story me and my cuzzin where smoking hookah in his new benz driving around listening to music when he decided to gun it "show off" the coal fell onto his seat and burned a hole into it he got soo mad he through the whole hookah out the window... Halarious stuff

Ah heck, I figure I'll dig this thread up from the dead and post a pic of my baby finally...

[img]http://sincitygoats.com/gallery/d/278-2/Cool3.jpg[/img]
That's at a car show much earlier in it's life but it still looks just as good with a good day with some claybar, as well as a good gloss and wax. :)

Eh, well my first car was a 1990 Toyota Corolla....
Then I bought a 2002 Subaru WRX...That was nice

Now, I have a 2007 Dodge Caliber...I love it..People are haters and call it ugly...

Hmmm. Do trucks count? My dream is to have an '88 S10, short bed, regular cab. Black with BRIGHT green flames AND a cam'ed up small block 454. Not only that, but I would love to have a toggle switch where I could turn four cylinders off... Can you imagine?! Sitting at a redlight with only four holes burning, and some nimrod pulls up with some pathetic import trying to show off. Flip the switch and watch him scowl! Lol.

Oh, cars... Lol. I have my dream of owning a '65 El Camino... Again, black with some kind of bright green design, and again, a 454. I currently have a great car. An American Flight Deck as some may call it... but, as opposed to a riceburner or a puddle jumper, I LOVE my car! She's a '96 Buick Regal. I think it's a 3.1 liter. Don't know what the cubic inch conversion is, I only know the V8's! Anyways, it's an old granny car, certainly no sports/race car, but DAMN SHE MOVES! Lol. I love blowing people away in it. It has great acceleration. And, apparantly the car is biased... Lol. If my fiance drives it, he can't ever get the driver side window down, or get it to go into gear right, so he thinks it's a POS. ;)

I forgot to mention the fiance's vehicles... He's got a '79 F150. If anyone has ever watched Grease, do you remember the sound the black car makes when Travolta is racing against it? That's similar to what the F150 sounds like. It's hellaciously camed up. It's a 460 bored out I think .030. I'm not sure what all was done to it, but I don't think very much is left stock in it... It was built for pulling. And, as of yesterday, we now have an 87 (I THINK, but not sure at all) 5.0 hatchback mustang. Currently, it's in crappy condition, runs like hell, but the exterior is pitiful.

[quote name='djbomberto']hehehe 69VeeDub Buggy with a 4 1/2inch chop with fat boy fenders in the front and 2inch wider fenders in the rear ^_^ slime green.[/quote]

Type I VW>*

[quote]and my baby 1987 Toyota Corolla SR5 RWD fully restored ^_^[/quote]

lol jdm tyte yo!

Just kidding. Those are so much fun.

QUOTE (Anpu)
Hookahduck, I already love the truck with a BBC in it makin that much power but it being a pickup is hurting your times BAD... that little weight in the back... yah... makes it real hard to hook up as we all know sad.gif. What are your 60' times, btw?  Still sounds like a BADASS ride and fun as hell.  I want pics!!!  :)  oh and yah... just wanna know the cam specs and how many CFM the heads flow smile.gif

MN Hookah, I have a soft spot for Legacy GT's - my friend has a newer one and those things are some fun suckers! smile.gif

Its been a while since I've seen a time slip. Damn I miss my truck and the track (I've been away at college). I want to say 1.708s on average- though I'd have to check my track log to make sure. General ball park. Slightly under-tired for the current configuration ( I bought my slicks for the SBC that it had in it at the time), but she still leaves hard. 10.5" diameter converter that likes to leave around 3200 RPM. Trying to open the bottle out of the dig is just a joke; but there is something about spinning a 14" wide DOT slick at 6.5 lbs of pressure after a solid burnout which makes it a joy =D

Im running a custom Crower grind (im a BIG Crower fan), similar to the 284-H, I believe. Flat tappet - Hyd. Like I said, its been several months so the exact figures are escaping me. SOmething near .578/.584 with a stock rocker- running 1.72 Scorpion RR's; around .582/.588 static gross lift. Around 284/290 degrees of adv. duration on a 108* centerline lobe sep, which quenches up a little on my static compression.

I have never flowbenched the heads- flowbenching is rather unreliable when it comes to how that cfmage will translate to how the motor pulls. I worked at a motor shop that did a lot of drag motors (where I learned most of what I know), and I take my tips from the best. Because air functions so differently than a fluid, how much possible air flow is very inconsistant with what the motor will actually see on track conditions. Rest assured though, they breathe rather well. They are '718' casting 396 closed chamber iron heads off a 68-69 Chevelle. They are actually worth some cash for the casting numbers, but the flow remarkably well stock. I enlarged the valves to 2.25/1.88, extenslively pocket ported, and port matched to the intake; all with C&C machines. They have 110cc combustion chambers; combined with a 9.28:1 flat top forged TRW piston and a .050 head gasket, and the cam im running; the motor is a pump-gassable 9.8:1 with moderate timing. I never open the bottle with anything less than 100 oc though, and high lead if I want to give it any timing at all.

All hell. Here goes.

Block: Gen IV 454 BBC. Bored .030, stroke increased to 4.75". ~496 cu inches
Crank: Eagle, Steel. C&C knife edged, 2x balanced
Rods: Stock, cast - 2x balanced
Pistons: TRW forged flat tops. 9.28:1, Speed-Pro plasma-moly rings
Heads: see above
Cam: see above
Intake: Edelbrock original Torker, singleplane. Portmatched to heads
Carb: Holley 4150 series 780. Modified. Flowed at 813 cfm at WOT. Machined for secondary metering jets, air horn and choke tower delete
Exhaust: Dynomax 1 3/4" primary long tubes. 3" collector - open pipe.
Ignition: MSD Pro-billet dizzy. MSD 6a box. MSD 8.8mm superconductor wires. Summit 60k volt coil.
N20: Nitrous Express Hitman plate kit. 150hp - 12lb/min- microswitched to WOT kit, on a button. NX purge system.

Trans: GM TH400. Kevlar clutches/bands. TSI 10.5" converter. Trans go full manual valve body. Stewart Warner Yokes. Spicer Joints.

Driveline: .087" carbon steel custom shaft. GM 12 bolt 9 7/8" R&P. Richmond 3.73 gears, Auburn Pro series limited slip. Moser C clip axles. Dorman studs

Rubber: Hoosier Qwick time PRO DOT 28x14.5" mounted on 15x10" Unique Steel wheels.

Coupla quick pics:

The motor, right after I finished it. SOrry I dont have any of it in the truck

Still had the 383 SBC then...

street tires

QUOTE (Kitty)
Hmmm. Do trucks count? My dream is to have an '88 S10, short bed, regular cab. Black with BRIGHT green flames AND a cam'ed up small block 454. Not only that, but I would love to have a toggle switch where I could turn four cylinders off... Can you imagine?! Sitting at a redlight with only four holes burning, and some nimrod pulls up with some pathetic import trying to show off. Flip the switch and watch him scowl! Lol.

Stay away from 454 SBC's IMO. Unless you plan ons pending 4k+ for an aftermarket block, its really not a great idea. It can be done with a 400cu SBC, but clearance issues become such an issue that most of even the great performance motor builders say they are a waste of money. Big inch SBC's are fun though. A buddy and I built a 13.5:1 434 SBC for his 73 camaro. Made over a little over 490 ponies and would wrap to 8.5 grand without a sweat = fun little motor.

• 1 month later...
anyone from cali wanna go driving? i got a 2003 mitsu evolution with about as much money i make a year invested into it -= X its my pride and joy! its pushing 427 whp on pump gas and still waiting to get alcohol injection set up, got some nice kw dual dampner suspension and all the odd ends and some 275/35/18 rubbers (toyo ra1 -= ) anywho would be nice to have a car meet hookah bar event or something ? also got a sport bike if any of yall do that also.

My car is definatly my baby and my greatest enemy. She is a 81 datsun 280zx turbo. White, tee tops, air dam, 2 seater She is an auto but i am going to swap in a manual. She has way to many miles for her own good and I have a ton of mechanical work that needs to be done. I want to thorw an intercooller in and other mods to push 250hp (stock is rated at 180). I want to give her a paint job and make her very sleek. After all my mods i also want her trim 50 pounds in addition to the 20-30 lbs i need to loose off her stock. I am more of a z homo then i am a hookah homo. Between my father and my self we own 6 (3 run including mine) one is a show peice and the other is my father's daily.

oh god where can I start my stable...

1986 MB 190e 2.3-16 (before you hate on this.. only 1880 were made for america, it holds 3 world records, and has racing pedigree. I could go on.. an inline 4 that can kick your v8 WITHOUT a turbo.)
1988 E30 BMW M3 (the first m3, I can't say no..and another inline 4 that can destroy and do the twisties)
1991 BMW E34 M5 (uber sexy beast with an inline 6 making 310hp... which for 1991 was baller)
1990 Porsche 944 Turbo (track car, if I wreck it... oh well.)

2000 MB c230k daily driver.
EDIT: 1990 BMW E34 535i which is dead, but still mine in my backyard. Engine rebuild in progress cause it had 297k on the motor when it died.
As you can tell, I love german cars. Not saying jap/american cars are bad... but I like german engineering. I would own a VW or an Audi.. but I already have 5 cars... (and yes, i'm 20.. and no, i'm not a spolied rich kid cause I bought all of them with the exception of the m5 which was 1/2 paid by my parents.) and I leave 4 of them in the garage and usually keep them under a car cover....except the porsche, cause i beat the hell out of it anyway. Edited by Zerodynamic