Is It Fair?

Pavo21

So i recently started my new job..woot i guess work. but i told them in the interview that i cannot take anything lower then said amount. i gotta call back and they offerd me more then we had spoke about. so i was stoked took the job. 3 weeks later i get my first check. and im like...what are the 3 different paygrades on my check reg, reg3 and ot i under stand reg and ot then i see reg3 and its the differences for working the swing 230-11 so ok cool but my difference was 3$ so i asked my friend who i've known for some years that is working there. she only gets 1$ differences for the shift..is that fair that i got a bigger differences. not only that i get x$ more then she does for starting pay and shes been there 3 years...i dont wanna say anything becuase i cant say no to the money. but idk what to think..ya me for being asertive but im making more then everyone i work with even some of the people above me.

Sometimes the payment does not have much to do with the time working in the company but with your expertise in the field (in other companies) and/or your productivity. If your productivity is higher and your experience is better, it is totally fair for me.

Anyways, it is money for your wallet right? So, it is not only fair, it is cool as well :)

Life isnt fair. There are mulitple reasons why you are getting paid more than her doing the same shift and duties.

1. You asked for more $$$ she didn't
2. Dept. budget back then was smaller
3. You have more skills and experience than her
4. You're a better negotiator

She's a woman. Why would she get paid as much as you?

Just kidding, take the best deal you can get and move on. If she doesn't like what she's getting paid, its her responsibility to try to get a raise.

As a side note, you're a cool dude, anyone would pay $2 more to have you around.

Are you still running cherry bomb?

You negotiated pay, simple as that. I've been doing the same while job searching and it just hasn't panned out for me just yet. I am jealous of you, haha. Congrats man.

Also, it's a statistical fact that women get paid less than men. While I find it to be very unfair, that may be the case. But you're not going to go screaming at your boss about it, are you? I hope not. While friend may appreciate you sticking up for her, Erica may not, and you may be out of a job. To put it quite simply- It isn't fair. Life isn't fair.

Tapatalk'd via iPhone

[quote name='Arcane' timestamp='1348090493' post='556786']
I'm just surprised anyone understood that post. I've read it 3 times and now my head hurts....haha!

....and I still don't understand what was written. :huh:
[/quote]

I agree. I don't know what you posted, but it seems like you asked for more money and got it... I'd say if you had any questions about your pay, just talk to your Administrator or Human Resources Manager.

so yah sorry if it was HARD TO READ! lol it was all from my phone lol. But i do have 3 years experience doing what im doing so i figured that helped a lot. Its not so much that i dont care about what shes getting paid its just shes a good friend and she told me about the job so. well what ever im glad i got what i did. along with have a easy as cake job. and yes i do still run the hookah lounge. but thanks for your guys imput. I also jsut became aware that i will be receiving 2 bonus a year. :)

oh so last night i was really board so i was looking through the network...i have access to every single file on the network i check with other people and they cant even access anything outside of their own lol...yah i now know all the companys AR and billing stuff lol along with everyones payroll. I was planning on telling them about that so somehow they can block me for it. so i dont "know" what is going on with the company since thats not my job.

Salaries are paid depending on what you negotiate. That's true of initial salaries and raises. All depends on you, how bad they want you, or want to keep you, etc. If they honestly can't afford what someone is asking they'll tell you up front. You negotiated better. Should she find out what you get paid compared to her (which she should NOT, as people are routinely fired for disclosing salary information), it's up to her to negotiate a better increase at raise time. As far as your access, yeah, you'd better speak up. They can easily track who's accessed files and if you don't admit to it, when they eventually come across your access, they'll never trust you again.

'Rani

• 2 weeks later...
So..i told them about the access, and they said that they haven't gotten around to editing my system profile yet and its ok that i snooped only due to the fact that i was truly looking for a certain file and just came across it and just to not mention the details in side. but...they are already talking about promoting me due to my speed adn quickness of learning their business and operations. so.... :)))

[quote name='Skoozle' timestamp='1349449642' post='557884']
Demand a raise in return for your silence.
[/quote]

LOL....... Won't work worth a damn but a bloody good idea anyway!

'Rani