Limiting Carbon Monoxide

Hi!
I guess that we all share the same passion..I would like your help!
I smoke one bowl every day and i am concerned about my health..I dont want to die young but i cant stop smoking! ;)

I decided to start smoking herbal stuff (Soex)..
However i dont know what to do to limit the carbon monoxide amounts..i use bamboocha coils..
What else can i do?Should i buy a filter?

Please help!
Thanks!

This is a silly post. Soex is horrible and there is nothing you can do about carbon monoxide beside smoke outside or stop smoking. That's about it. If you really want to help ur self smoke 421, naklah, and tangiers, they put the least amout of crap in their shisha. Also use coconut coals.

Or you can stop smoking
  • Upvote 1

[quote name='Pavo21' timestamp='1340574799' post='549929']
This is a silly post. Soex is horrible and there is nothing you can do about carbon monoxide beside smoke outside or stop smoking. That's about it. If you really want to help ur self smoke 421, naklah, and tangiers, they put the least amout of crap in their shisha. Also use coconut coals.

Or you can stop smoking
[/quote]

im sure Nakla put the most crap in theres, Al Fakher is probably the safest option.

As far as the carbon monoxide goes, I would use coconut coals, the only coals that have set off my co2 detectors are exoticas, so I wouldn't recommend those or quick lights.

Use solid brass and a metal coil hose to reduce CO levels. Also make sure your coals are fully heated. A larger pipe should help as well.

Is there research to suggest that sugar cane is anyway a safer alternative to tobacco?

[quote name='joytron' timestamp='1340586704' post='549946']
[b]Use solid brass and a metal coil hose to reduce CO levels[/b]. Also make sure your coals are fully heated. A larger pipe should help as well.

Is there research to suggest that sugar cane is anyway a safer alternative to tobacco?
[/quote]

how does it do that.

[quote name='Extra Mint' timestamp='1340592577' post='549950']
[b]Use solid brass and a metal coil hose to reduce CO levels[/b]. Also make sure your coals are fully heated. A larger pipe should help as well.

[/quote]

how does it do that.
[/quote]

[color=#000000][font=sans-serif][size=3]CuO + CO → Cu + CO[/size][/font][/color][sub]2[/sub]
  • Upvote 1

Dude nick you need to just get over the carbon monoxide situation if we r not dead yet you will be fine and if you don't feel comfortable smoking then stop or talk to your dr about your health risks. But worrying will make everything is life worst. Stress kills.
  • Upvote 1

[quote name='Pavo21' timestamp='1340651476' post='550005']
Dude nick you need to just get over the carbon monoxide situation if we r not dead yet you will be fine and if you don't feel comfortable smoking then stop or talk to your dr about your health risks. But worrying will make everything is life worst. Stress kills.
[/quote]

^^ Listen to this guy. I understand that you're concerned about your health, but don't be so paranoid. You can choose to smoke, or not to smoke, but don't look for a false protective cover, which herbal stuff (imo) is. There are no studies that show that smoking sugarcane bagasse is safer than smoking tobacco. [b]Your body is not meant to inhale smoke/vapour .[/b][b]Smoking anything is bad for your health. Period.[/b]

But if you look at it, most things in life, that are fun, have the potential to decrease your life expectancy. Smoking properly while using good components is really ALL you can do if you wish to partake in this hobby. Get a good pipe, good tobacco, [b]good natural coals[/b], don't hoover the hose like there is no tomorrow, smoke in a well ventilated area, have a drink handy, and also, clean your hookah and hose (if washable) regularly and keep an eye out for any kind of rust because [i]that [/i]is harmful.

I can't help but ask though, are you paranoid without any reason, or are you feeling any negative effects already?
  • Upvote 3

Don't worry, scro, plenty of us have been smoking for a long time and we're doing just fine.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/0TuWX.jpg[/img]

You know what I'd do is just like, you know?
  • Upvote 3

I agree with vimal on some of what he says but there are ways of limiting carbon monoxide joytrons was possibly one of the best answers. Don't let people discourage you and call this a stupid question just know at the end of the day smoking is unhealthy. The way I see it though is your gonna die eventually why not live how you are happy living. In Latin I would say carpe diem, in douche bag it's yolo.

On a side note if I ever see the word yolo said in a non joking manner by any of you I will from there on dub thee on a level with truehookahking.

On another side note when I typed yolo on my iPhone it tried to autocorrect it to tool my phone really is smart :D Edited by Coleman

[quote name='joytron' timestamp='1340633395' post='549979']
[quote name='Extra Mint' timestamp='1340592577' post='549950']

[/quote]

how does it do that.
[/quote]

[color=#000000][font=sans-serif][size=3]CuO + CO → Cu + CO[/size][/font][/color][sub]2[/sub]
[/quote]

Can you explain that to a non-scientist.

its simple chem, natually they want to balance out and become more stable (which is the basis for all chemistry every atom and compound strive to be completely stable). So in doing so Electrons are passed to create new compounds and in this instance from Copper Oxide and Carbon Monoxide to Copper and Carbon Dioxide.

Yeah you got the scientific evidence from Jess, you got what most of us thought about it, I mean I'm not sure what else we can say about this thread, smoking is going to be some sort of bad in a way, but if you enjoy it, just do it.

But if you do heroin and crack and enjoy it you might want to stop, because of that side affect called death. Or the carbon monoxide poisoning you can get from it

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?1tcgi5
  • Upvote 1

• 1 year later...

this thread is pretty insensitive. the guy asked a reasonable question, maybe it wasn't presented in the best way, but its a fair concern. with some creativity, perhaps there are ways to decrease CO levels beyond natural coals etc. it's really the only major concern from hookah smoking. i'd like to see some solutions!