Elmas Papatya

Ok, so I hope there isnt a thread on this already, I looked and couldnt find much.

Regardless, I have been looking at this beast for the past couple days. My jaw drops every time I look at it.... I saw one on 5star when they first got the larger Elmas in the US, but I didnt know Nazar had them too. His photos sell it for me.

http://www.nazarhookah.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=94_107_108&products_id=719

My questions:

I know you guys say Elmas are godly, but how would it compare to my similar size KM Trimetal w/ jumbo vase? Obviously the build quality is far far better, but as far as pull/smoke.

Do you think Mahir will stock any without the Sailors wheel? It looks OK, but its just not my cup-a-tea.

How would the larger 36" Elmas compare to the shorter models?

I really like the larger style of hookah, like my tri-metal, so this is simply mind blowing to me. My main thing, does it make more sense to hold onto the similar size KM, and save money and go for a smaller Elmas, or is this larger 36" Papatya just that good where it will justify the price tag.

I really need to stop looking at his high def photos.......

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/aeonblack6/videos?sort=dd&view=0"]http://www.youtube.c...?sort=dd&view=0[/url]

Good luck finding a more knowledgeable and detailed source than this one.

Oh man..... Excellent, EXCELLENT videos. Thanks so much for those links.

I knew ahead of time the built quality was far ahead of KM, but my main questions were the style of how it smokes. Those videos definitely gave me a great impression on that. Only thing I am a little bummed about is I hadn't realized there was no purge valve. Not a huge issue since I am decent with heat management, the valve is just something I have gotten used to.

Thanks again for those videos. Good lord that thing is stunning..... Mind blown every time.

The wheel is the only part that throws me off, but I'd still love to own it. Such a sexy hookah. If you got the cash, get dat ass. Wait, I may be talking about something else entirely at this point... :D

i love sailing. i love my boat. i would love to have that hookah, steering wheel and all

[quote name='mattarios2' timestamp='1339191361' post='548835']
Yah it's obviously an amazing pipe but personally I don't like it, I hate things sticking off my pipes. [b]Now the elmas 639 ... that is a beauty[/b] :-)
[/quote]

Second this !

In regards to smoking quality, they should all smoke the same, with possible exceptions being the 635 maybe? As far as I know, even the 632 smokes just the same as any other Elmas Nargile.

pshhh...Papatya has nothing on the [font="Verdana"][size="2"]Osmanlı 701 [/size][/font] :D

[quote name='Floataround' timestamp='1339475286' post='549075']
pshhh...Papatya has nothing on the [font=Verdana][size=2]Osmanlı 701 [/size][/font] :D
[/quote]

YESS! the Osmanli is soo sick! fucking stars and moon.. HAWT

[quote name='gramps' timestamp='1339548300' post='549140']
Father's Day is coming up. Anybody want to be adopted and buy me a Papatya? :lol:
[/quote]

I'm down to be adopted.. as long as you make up for my last 23 birthdays and Christmases that you've missed..
  • Upvote 3

I've been away from the forum for a bit, but those are my videos that Jess linked. I've had the Papatya for quite some time now (smoked out of it on sunday, actually!), so I can answer pretty much any question you might have on it.

The captains wheel on it is amazing. It always be steering me for flavor country, yar.

If you don't like the wheel on it, get one of the other ones that doesn't have a wheel on it. I personally don't even look at my hookahs while I'm smoking them, so it doesn't even register most of the time. The amount of detail on the Papatya as a whole is simply unlike anything else that is out there. Like, nothing I've seen even begins to come close to it. Even before giving it a thorough polish, the thing was blindingly shiny. Afterwards, it was like a beacon. With water in the vase, the thing weighs like 18 pounds. You wont find another hookah in this size range that even begins to come close to it in terms of build quality. I could probably hit any km I have on a wooden table and dent it, bend it or break it. If I did that with my Papatya, it would do those same things...except to the table. A lot of people say "solid brass", but none of that has any meaning to me after holding my Papatya. It is simply in a class of it's own (there is a reason for the high pricetag).

In terms of how it smokes, again, it's different. If you crossed a KM Admiral and one of the smaller Elmas pipes, you would be on the right track. I don't know how else to describe it, but the smoke is "dry". Even when you don't use the Elmas hose and instead use a washable, it is still a dry smoke. I don't mean that it is harsh or anything like that, but think of it like this. A KM produces warm and humid smoke. The Papatya produces cool and dry smoke. When I first got it, I kept having issues with heat management because of the way it feels to smoke it. I kept thinking "this is weird, it must need more heat or less heat". Then, I might start burning a bowl, yet the burning taste was different. You won't get thunderclouds with this pipe, but you will get a completely different experience smoking. Once you get used to it, it's something you go to for specific flavors. Smoking mint flavors out of this thing is simply incomparable. When I still had Cane Mint left, I would smoke it and almost get chills. Not even kidding. But yeah, because of the "dryness" of the smoke, you need to drink a lot of water while smoking out of it, or your mouth literally gets dried out.

All of my pipes have their place and use, and while I don't smoke out of my Papatya the most, it is easily my most beautiful pipe, and when it is time for it to shine, oh baby, it fucking shines.
  • Upvote 1