Suggestions For First Tangiers

I'm thinking I'll order Tangiers for the first time this paycheck. What are it's best flavors?

Well I can't say best, but I'm going to Suggest Orange Soda. Tastes just like a can of Orange Crush. Another upside is i that, to me at least, it is forgiving in terms of getting harsh as that may or may not happen to you. Also I personally suggest Mellon blend, very sweet but not in an overbearing way.

I'd just say to score anything that sounds good in Lucid. The classic choice for new Tangiers smokers. My faves are:

- It's Like That One Breakfast Cereal
- Cool Strawberry
- Horchata

While I've not tried it yet, I'd suggest cane mint. It seems that it is the easiest one to acclimate and forgiving when it comes to heat management, and mint fans always swear by how awesome it tastes, so if you're into mint, go with that.

Want to try something complex and brilliant? Indian summer is just what you're looking for.

My favorite is Marigold... Cane Mint is pretty forgiving when you are first learning to pack Tangiers because it is so humidity resistant and the flavor is VERY strong.

I'm starting to get into the florals too... blue flower, bug powder. Good stuff...

The only flavor that I don't like is KPrune lol... sorry.

You should try to give us some more to go by. Are you interested in trying noir, lucid, or the new birquq line. What flavor type do you want, i.e. fruity, floral, some combination? Is sweetness or complexity preferred? Right now you are really just going to get a list of our favorite flavors and those that we feel are easiest to smoke.

[quote name='joytron' timestamp='1336842066' post='547178']
You should try to give us some more to go by.
[/quote]

I was actually just going to look at the suggestions and pick from there, because I like a bit of everything.

And thanks for the suggestions everyone. I'll probably order some tonight. Edited by Moose

Isn't Lucid supposed to have less of a buzz? Why would that be perferable? Or are people recommending it just because it has better flavors? Edited by Moose

[quote name='Moose' timestamp='1336858232' post='547191']
Isn't Lucid supposed to have less of a buzz? Why would that be perferable? Or are people recommending it just because it has better flavors?
[/quote]

Yes, it has less buzz. But the reason I recommend it is because it acclimates easily and is less sensitive to heat that original Tangiers.

Looks like I have to put off ordering until Monday, my money's not in the bank. And I forgot banks closed early Saturday.
Damn, I wanted to order and Angra CD too =\

Noir has bold flavors + tobacco undertones + unwashed
Lucid has bold flavors no tobacco undertones + washed (also easier acclimation)
Birquq has bold flavors no tobacco undertones + unwashed ( usually no acclimation required) also requires less heat.

Generally for flavor I would say any line will do you well. If you are looking for buzz go noir, maybe birquq. Then depending on your climate lucid and birquq might be better ( if you have finicky weather)
  • Upvote 1

I'd say start out with Lucid or Birquq and just get flavors that appeal to you. But keep in mind that Tangiers may surprise you... For example, I was never a fan of floral flavors until I tried Static Starlight, and now Static Starlight and Indian Summer are my two top Tangiers flavors.

Ordered Cane Mint, Indian Summer, Horchata, and It's Like That One Breakfast Cereal.
Also got a Nammor hose, because my current one is cheap and unwashable. And a long cleaning rod, because the one I had for my short hookah can't, of course, very well work with my large brass Syrian.
Oh, and I qualified for a free cheapie hookah too, but that's probably going to be used a couple times a year for going to midnight game releases or other traveling hookafication, but I still like free things.

I wouldn't have gotten so much Tangiers, but it's flat rate shipping, so I figured I might as well get a lot of stuff at once.

It has arrived. Letting it aclimate now. Hopefully I don't fuck up the first bowl [i]too [/i]bad.

Seriously, don't over think it. Like Coleman said, it's not as hard as people make it seem to pack. If it smells good, pack in more than you think it needs to be packed.

Look how it came: in an airtight bag. Now pack it in the bowl like that, leaving no air pockets. If it's acclimated, it'll be good. Maybe a tad harsh at first, because it is a stronger tobacco, but over time you will realize there is no comparison.

My package arrived. Tried my first bowl today, Horchatta. It was fantastic.

Just mint. Seriously the best mint you will ever have

I got a pretty decent bowl on my first pack. Once you get a decent bowl it should only get better and better from there. Also sometimes the weather just sucks really bad.