Loyalty

[url="http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/2011/08/24/dnt.dog.at.owners.casket.KIMT?&hpt=hp_c2"]http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/2011/08/24/dnt.dog.at.owners.casket.KIMT?&hpt=hp_c2[/url]

That's so sad... So depressing. I respect our soldiers and thank them for fighting for our freedom, but I don't feel us being over there in the Middle East is fighting for our freedom. What will protect us is leaving and respecting THEM as their own people and not meddle in their affairs. In my opinion, we're just sending our soldiers over there for the wrong reasons. It's sad that they are dying.

Anyway... that dog... man... so sad.
  • Upvote 1

Somehow I knew that was the story before I clicked it.

Dog is smarter than out politicians, and has more respect for life.

Incu, you miss the whole point.
That Sailor, and his dog had no say in any of the reasoning, and logic that sent him there. It's the job. When you are told go, you go, and all political thoughts leave your mind. At no point do you spend a whole lot of time thinking about why you are there, just what you are told to do, and how to hopefully not end up in a box with a tag that says "remains not viewable".

Compulsory military service for 3 years would be something I would find myself wholly in favour of.

I understood the point of the video, and decided to add my opinion that our politicians are sending them over there for an unjust reason. I understood he was doing his job and signed up for it. Our politicians are the ones at fault for this young soldier's life, and no one's holding them accountable.

That cool with you?

[quote name='Chreees' timestamp='1314350957' post='521439']
I understood the point of the video, and decided to add my opinion that our politicians are sending them over there for an unjust reason. I understood he was doing his job and signed up for it. Our politicians are the ones at fault for this young soldier's life, and no one's holding them accountable.

That cool with you?
[/quote]

And when we "left them to their affairs" they tried once to blow up the WTC, crashed airliners into it and toppeled them the second try, drove a plane into the pentagon, and tried to hit the whitehouse. Or, yes, and blew up an airline over Scotland... the list could go on.

crush them,
stomp them,
mutilate them,
topple their gov't, and stomp their dicks into the sand.

They made the first attack, now they pay the cost. The only problem is that our politicians lack the nuts to get the job done. In the end good soldiers and sailors pay the price for nutless politicians.

To that end, I must commend Obama for what appears to be a near success in Libya. I never thought that mess would work out, but it looks like he did it at this point.

[quote name='TheScotsman' timestamp='1314409404' post='521535']
crush them,
stomp them,
mutilate them,

They made the first attack, now they pay the cost.
[/quote]

That's really what you think we should do to them? I'm disappointed in you. You are a PRIME example as to why they hate us and have attacked us. If we showed a little bit more respect for the rest of the world, don't you think they'd show us some in return?

In my opinion, WE made the first "attack." Remember the coup of 1953 in Iran? Ya know, the one where we went in, took out their leader, and installed our own guy?

[url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1953_Iranian_coup_d%27%C3%A9tat"]http://en.wikipedia....p_d%27%C3%A9tat[/url]

Shit like this and other great examples of us trying to "police the world" is what has their panties in a bunch. I can't say I blame them for hating us. If we had left them alone in the first place, the various terrorist attacks never would have happened. I'd say we're paying all the costs here...

[color=#222222]
[quote name='TheScotsman' timestamp='1314409404' post='521535'][/color]
[color=#222222]
[quote name='Chreees' timestamp='1314350957' post='521439'][/color]
[color=#222222]
I understood the point of the video, and decided to add my opinion that our politicians are sending them over there for an unjust reason. I understood he was doing his job and signed up for it. Our politicians are the ones at fault for this young soldier's life, and no one's holding them accountable.[/color]
[color=#222222]
[/color]
[color=#222222]
That cool with you?[/color]
[color=#222222]
[/quote][/color]
[color=#222222]
[/color]
[color=#222222]
And when we "left them to their affairs" they tried once to blow up the WTC, crashed airliners into it and toppeled them the second try, drove a plane into the pentagon, and tried to hit the whitehouse. Or, yes, and blew up an airline over Scotland... the list could go on.[/color]
[color=#222222]
[/color]
[color=#222222]
crush them,[/color]
[color=#222222]
stomp them,[/color]
[color=#222222]
mutilate them,[/color]
[color=#222222]
topple their gov't, and stomp their dicks into the sand.[/color]
[color=#222222]
[/color]
[color=#222222]
They made the first attack, now they pay the cost. The only problem is that our politicians lack the nuts to get the job done. In the end good soldiers and sailors pay the price for nutless politicians.[/color]
[color=#222222]
[/color]
[color=#222222]
[/color]
[color=#222222]
To that end, I must commend Obama for what appears to be a near success in Libya. I never thought that mess would work out, but it looks like he did it at this point.[/color]
[color=#222222]
[/quote][/color]
[color=#222222]
[/color]
[color=#222222]

This, we left the middle east in a hell hole and NO chris the reason they hate us is for the shit we did to them when we just backed out of the Soviet/Afghanistan conflict. WE trained them to fight, we trained them to kill and armed them and just turned our back on them or so they felt, it IS our mess to clean up and that's why we had to go. This man died for the belief that we are ultimately responsible for what we created over there and trying to liberate the innocent people from the tyranny that it cause in the middle east and across the globe. Iran is it's own deal. Also their responses to our nation over something that happened 60+ plus years ago is illogical, we don't still hate Japan and Germany do we? The fact that you defend a nation that does horrible things to their people (NO CIVIL RIGHTS FOR WOMEN AT ALL) and that openly holds a grudge against us on something that's about as old as WWII is just dumb. [/color]

And when we "left them to their affairs" they tried once to blow up the WTC, crashed airliners into it and toppeled them the second try, drove a plane into the pentagon, and tried to hit the whitehouse. Or, yes, and blew up an airline over Scotland... the list could go on.
[/quote]

[quote name='littlec' timestamp='1314457695' post='521588']
[quote name='Chreees' timestamp='1314350957' post='521439']

That cool with you?

[/quote]

crush them,
stomp them,
mutilate them,

They made the first attack, now they pay the cost. The only problem is that our politicians lack the nuts to get the job done. In the end good soldiers and sailors pay the price for nutless politicians.

To that end, I must commend Obama for what appears to be a near success in Libya. I never thought that mess would work out, but it looks like he did it at this point.
[/quote]

This, we left the middle east in a hell hole and NO chris the reason they hate us is for the shit we did to them when we just backed out of the Soviet/Afghanistan conflict. WE trained them to fight, we trained them to kill and armed them and just turned our back on them or so they felt, it IS our mess to clean up and that's why we had to go. This man died for the belief that we are ultimately responsible for what we created over there and trying to liberate the innocent people from the tyranny that it cause in the middle east and across the globe. Iran is it's own deal. Also their responses to our nation over something that happened 60+ plus years ago is illogical, we don't still hate Japan and Germany do we? The fact that you defend a nation that does horrible things to their people (NO CIVIL RIGHTS FOR WOMEN AT ALL) and that openly holds a grudge against us on something that's about as old as WWII is just dumb.
[/quote]

You really think we're over there to HELP them? We're just there for the money (oil). Why aren't we in the countries where there's more tyranny and killing of people? They don't have money. We only get involved if there's something in it for us. This man died for doing his job. I doubt he died for the belief that we were responsible for what has happened over there. Fact is most Americans don't believe we should be over there. Why can't the politicians listen to us and what we want?

Call my reasoning illogical and dumb if you will. It's my belief. I may not agree with your reasoning, but I won't call it illogical and dumb. Truth is most of the world is fucked up. But that doesn't mean we have the right to go tell them what to do just so we get money.

[quote name='r1v3th3ad' timestamp='1314480592' post='521617']
[/quote]
[/quote]

Fahrenheit 9/11, man. Blew my mind.

Also...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpP7b2lUxVE

I know many, many people from the Middle East. The fact is that Saudi Arabians love the US military presence. So do Kuwaitis, Qataris, Lebanese, and Jordanians. Syrians don't because we don't let them over-produce nuclear power (to make enriched uranium) I can't speak for Iraq as I don't know anyone there but the MAJORITY of the Middle East actually loves us. What they don't love is people saying we're over there for the wrong reason. Yes we are there for oil BUT we are also there for many, many more reasons. Farenheit 9/11 was total bullshit and anyone with a brain know that movie was just propoganda in the opposite direction. It's the same thing but because it's not what Bush said then people are all gun-ho about it! Honestly I think there should be a required IQ test before people are allowed to vote because most people don't know shit about whats going on but they sure as hell LOVE to voice their opinions.

[quote name='Tyler' timestamp='1314512701' post='521663']
I know many, many people from the Middle East. The fact is that Saudi Arabians love the US military presence. So do Kuwaitis, Qataris, Lebanese, and Jordanians. Syrians don't because we don't let them over-produce nuclear power (to make enriched uranium) I can't speak for Iraq as I don't know anyone there but the MAJORITY of the Middle East actually loves us. What they don't love is people saying we're over there for the wrong reason. Yes we are there for oil BUT we are also there for many, many more reasons. Farenheit 9/11 was total bullshit and anyone with a brain know that movie was just propoganda in the opposite direction. It's the same thing but because it's not what Bush said then people are all gun-ho about it! Honestly I think there should be a required IQ test before people are allowed to vote because most people don't know shit about whats going on but they sure as hell LOVE to voice their opinions.
[/quote]

This, except we are not there for oil, look at every middle eastern conflict in history, as soon as it erupts the oil production in that country goes WAY DOWN and price of crude oil goes WAY up. To say we are over there for oil defies reason and every factual record we have about world oil output. Chris I don't care what your opinion is, there are facts that state otherwise but if you want to dig your head into the sand and just believe a lot of bush hating anti-war propraganda it is obviously your choice to do so as well it is to regurgitate it on the internet as you see fit. We are there to help them and a majority of people over there want our support and really to say otherwise is rather ignorant and irrelevant as we are not living over there ourselves. I support your right to dissent against the war but you might be wrong about the majority of America's thoughts. Liberal media news coverage has a way of spinning things completely out of control, so to say most americans/arabs do or don't want something is becoming increasingly biased. Even traditionally "conservative" news sites are more in the median these days with all of the extreme left news networks lowering the baseline for what is "conservative". Personally I don't think we should have stayed here this long and we have obviously made bad choices in implementing our actions over there but we are ultimately responsible for al qaeda and the effects it has had on Afghanistan. Most people I talk to in the armed service understand that and they want to make right the wrongs of al qaeda after serving there and seeing the horrible effects it has had on the families and towns over there; and Iraq is a similar story in many ways. Edited by littlec

[quote name='littlec' timestamp='1314592809' post='521732']
[quote name='Tyler' timestamp='1314512701' post='521663']
[/quote]

This, except we are not there for oil, look at every middle eastern conflict in history, as soon as it erupts the oil production in that country goes WAY DOWN and price of crude oil goes WAY up. To say we are over there for oil defies reason and every factual record we have about world oil output. Chris I don't care what your opinion is, there are facts that state otherwise but if you want to dig your head into the sand and just believe a lot of bush hating anti-war propraganda it is obviously your choice to do so as well it is to regurgitate it on the internet as you see fit. We are there to help them and a majority of people over there want our support and really to say otherwise is rather ignorant and irrelevant as we are not living over there ourselves. I support your right to dissent against the war but you might be wrong about the majority of America's thoughts. Liberal media news coverage has a way of spinning things completely out of control, so to say most americans/arabs do or don't want something is becoming increasingly biased. Even traditionally "conservative" news sites are more in the median these days with all of the extreme left news networks lowering the baseline for what is "conservative". Personally I don't think we should have stayed here this long and we have obviously made bad choices in implementing our actions over there but we are ultimately responsible for al qaeda and the effects it has had on Afghanistan. Most people I talk to in the armed service understand that and they want to make right the wrongs of al qaeda after serving there and seeing the horrible effects it has had on the families and towns over there; and Iraq is a similar story in many ways.
[/quote]

Pot meet kettle.

[img]http://www.ostrichheadinsand.com/images/ostriches-head-in-sand.jpg[/img]

Haha... oh well. You obviously DO care about my opinion, otherwise you wouldn't have posted in regards to it.

I'm not a liberal and never will be. I don't view just one news source. I watch/read them all and make up my own mind. Keep receiving your conservative news...

I think you both misread/misunderstood his post. You know that the US created Al Qaeda as an anti-soviet movement and it became internally corrupted, right? That's what we're trying to help fix.

I want to stress this point- If we had not meddled in their affairs for our benefit, things would not be what they are today.

So I guess we all agree on that point, but we just don't agree on WHY we're over there... We'll just have to agree to disagree on that.

[quote name='Chreees' timestamp='1314620280' post='521768']
I want to stress this point- If we had not meddled in their affairs for our benefit, things would not be what they are today.

So I guess we all agree on that point, but we just don't agree on WHY we're over there... We'll just have to agree to disagree on that.
[/quote]

When I said "I don't care about your opinion" I meant it had no bearing on any solid fact as in it was irrelevant to the topic at hand, I guess a better way to have said it would be "It doesn't matter what your opinion is, here is the fact of the matter". I didn't mean that I don't care to listen or respond to it. We were responsible for creating a monster over there and when that monster reared it's ugly head to the world everyone was looking to us for a solution (and we were the best equipped to handle it as well), you cannot argue that wasn't a big reason for going, every other reason or benefit for going over there has been a trivial matter in comparison (unless you're a media slave). Sure we have investments in Iraq and Afghanistan, sure we have airstrips and men and equipment over there but was that the reason we went? People say that like it's a big deal, like we have so much to gain from that and how sickened they are by that but really it's so insignificant to the cost we paid I can't believe people would fall for that thinking. It would be like you saying I ripped off your friend because I cut off my arm and he gave me $100 for it. Edited by littlec

Ohhhh, I thought it meant you actually didn't care about my opinion...

Following that line of thinking, I guess instead of saying we'll just have to agree to disagree, again, that I will instead say... I don't care about your opinion. :)

You know what a very good point is, if we had never gone to the middle east Kurdistan never would have gained freedom. THAT my friends is the only helpful thing about this war NOTHING will ever be good about war and I'm gonna have to agree that WE brought this on our selves we trained them and armed them so in the end we are the ones to blame for any events at happened. Maybe if we took some corruption out of the government and stop try to police the fucking world when we cant even take care of ourselves

[quote name='Coleman' timestamp='1314645448' post='521804']
You know what a very good point is, if we had never gone to the middle east Kurdistan never would have gained freedom. THAT my friends is the only helpful thing about this war NOTHING will ever be good about war and I'm gonna have to agree that WE brought this on our selves we trained them and armed them so in the end we are the ones to blame for any events at happened. Maybe if we took some corruption out of the government and stop try to police the fucking world when we cant even take care of ourselves
[/quote]

Agreed, we obviously have needed that for a long time.

This.....

[url="http://news.yahoo.com/panel-widespread-waste-fraud-war-spending-053533054.html"]http://news.yahoo.com/panel-widespread-waste-fraud-war-spending-053533054.html[/url]

is an insult to this and every other soldier making the sacrifice of serving. Even those who survive combat give up their time and comfort to do the job. Even single day that goes by I'm more and more appalled by what our government is doing. Not only entering into wars we shouldn't be involved in, but then squandering resources and money while we're doing it. We honestly need a revolution. I don't think there's any other way back to where we should be.

'Rani

What's really interesting about this is that everyone is aghast about the waste and fraud and eager to pass laws to prevent it from happening again. BUT,no one says anything about holding anyone accountable for fraud. Oh no, too many big campaign donors involved I guess on both sides of the aisle. Just makes me want to puke
  • Upvote 1

[quote name='Rani' timestamp='1314894539' post='522219']
This.....

[url="http://news.yahoo.com/panel-widespread-waste-fraud-war-spending-053533054.html"]http://news.yahoo.co...-053533054.html[/url]

is an insult to this and every other soldier making the sacrifice of serving. Even those who survive combat give up their time and comfort to do the job. Even single day that goes by I'm more and more appalled by what our government is doing. Not only entering into wars we shouldn't be involved in, but then squandering resources and money while we're doing it. We honestly need a revolution. I don't think there's any other way back to where we should be.

'Rani
[/quote]

I agree on the revolution biz. That's why I'm getting strapped up. >:D .... you know just in case. I honestly and truly believe with all my heart that if the founding fathers were alive today the streets of D.C. would be in flames. ... and I would be right there next to em.

[quote name='Rani' timestamp='1314894539' post='522219']
This.....

[url="http://news.yahoo.com/panel-widespread-waste-fraud-war-spending-053533054.html"]http://news.yahoo.co...-053533054.html[/url]

'Rani
[/quote]

I totally agree with you, Rani. 100%.

Also, I found this and it seemed relevant:

[IMG]http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p40/INCUBUSRATM/Funny%20pics%20and%20gifs/freeshitoutofyou.jpg[/IMG]