Planning Ze Honeymoon

Chreees

Yeah, I knew Disneyland was a little south from L.A. The focus wouldn't be on Disneyland. The main focus of the trip would be Hollywood, I presume.

I like the New Orleans idea. Thanks, nkfm!

Evan, figures you'd be about the huge jacked guys....

whoever said newport, thats a good idea, but not for your honeymoon..come on vacation some time and then you can smoke with me

in seriousness though, my parents went on an alaskan cruise and loved it, id say that. or an all inclusive somewhere, you dont have to do anything, its really nice.

• 6 months later...
Welp, we officially decided on an Alaskan cruise. Probably the Carnival Spirit, which leaves out on June 19th (wedding is on the 16th). I believe that's the correct amount of time we'll need to fly up to Seattle. I'm having my grandmother help out during this whole planning process since she and my grandfather have been on several Alaskan cruises before. She's going to contact their travel agent and see if she can't find me a better deal. Right now I'm looking at about $2,270 for the total cruise cost. Then I have to save for the plane tickets as well. And extra spending money. I hope to god I get back a good tax return this year...

Anyway, the cruise's ports of call are Cruise Tracy Arm Fjord, Skagway, Juneau, Ketchikan, and Victoria. I'm so excited. :yahoo:

DO NOT in any situation try to stare down a polar bear, even Chuck Norris has not been seen doing that... not to say he doesnt do it in his free time, but it sounds dangerous!
and hope you get the money required to make it all easy and painless to organize :)

chreeeeeees i like the idea of the cruise its good but come on california its just a winning subject man i mean u can come down spend tons of time at all the places u want to see and hell even go to tangiers man and live it up but there is so much out here to do amazing places to go eat stay adventure and relaxing all at once curises u are kind of isolated and summer in socal is beautiful :)

Too many people in California want my head on a stick I think. :(

As for the polar bears, I hear that you rarely see them on the cruises actually, from the further research I have done since I last updated this thread. But yeah, I'd leave the staring down to Chuck Norris for sure, haha.

oh come on man you'd love cali and no head on a stick i would put it in a chair at my house with the body attached and ur wife and enjoy another couples company loving it smoking hookah enjoying everything if you want :)

[quote name='Pavo21' timestamp='1325639966' post='534513']
enjoy another couples company.... enjoying everything if you want :)
[/quote]

Oh Chris, if you plan on going to visit Pavo, prepare for things to get weird....

real weird.

[quote name='joytron' timestamp='1325646789' post='534530']
[/quote]

Oh Chris, if you plan on going to visit Pavo, prepare for things to get weird....

real weird.
[/quote]

What do you mean jess weird or REAL weird come on just come just awesome hang out and relaxation

[quote name='joytron' timestamp='1325646789' post='534530']
[/quote]

real weird.
[/quote]

Lol, what do you mean exactly, Jess?

Pavo and Erica, I would love to come out and chill with you guys. :) But Brooke is pretty dead set on an Alaskan cruise now... We're thinking about moving out that way though for her to go to grad school.

[quote name='Erica' timestamp='1325640514' post='534515']
Why not do a night or two in vegas and then cruise over to cali?? Its only like a four hour drive to so cal from vegas.

What are you looking to spend??
[/quote]

this.. i like this

[quote name='Pavo21' timestamp='1325653131' post='534538']
hell yah your always welcome to come chill and california is wonderfull much better then Tenesesse
[/quote]

Lol, I should be a stereotypical ignorant hick from TN and get mad at your statement, but I'm a bit smarter than the average Tennessean, so I know your statement is correct. :lol:

[quote name='mustang67n' timestamp='1325653243' post='534539']
[quote name='Erica' timestamp='1325640514' post='534515']
Why not do a night or two in vegas and then cruise over to cali?? Its only like a four hour drive to so cal from vegas.

What are you looking to spend??
[/quote]

this.. i like this
[/quote]

I forgot to address Vegas and how much to spend I think... We both feel Vegas is a lil' too... corny? I don't know. I love Vegas, don't get me wrong. But we don't really want to honeymoon there.

As for how much to spend, the original budget was $2k. That's looking more like $3k now- About $2,300 for the cruise costs, $600 for plane tickets... then extra spending monies... Ugh. But hey, it only happens once... I'm banking on getting a hella good tax return this year.

yeah chris, definitely feel you on vegas being corny. But you should definitely make a trip here sometime while im still here.. or come visit when i move to cali with pavo and erica. :-D

No tobacco buying chris.. you're cut off!

I definitely want to, man. Some day... some day...

And yes, all of you, help me- no more hookah stuff! Every cent must be saved. We're even cutting out fast food. :o

EDIT: LOL, just saw your post Pavo... I have plenty of hookah stuff to last me a good long while, so I'm not worried about it... yet.

A suggestion..... If you guys have most if not all of what you need for living together, then create a personal wedding site with a MF button on it for wedding gifts that are contributions to the honeymoon. No one will be offended if you word it with thanks and generosity. Plus, your bride to be gets to update the site with all kinds of pictures, updates, etc. as the day gets closer. Friends and family love being able to be involved that way. My friend did it, and it turned out to be the most fun wedding experience ever for all of us, bridal party and guests.

'Rani

[quote name='Rani' timestamp='1325706778' post='534586']
A suggestion..... If you guys have most if not all of what you need for living together, then create a personal wedding site with a MF button on it for wedding gifts that are contributions to the honeymoon. No one will be offended if you word it with thanks and generosity. Plus, your bride to be gets to update the site with all kinds of pictures, updates, etc. as the day gets closer. Friends and family love being able to be involved that way. My friend did it, and it turned out to be the most fun wedding experience ever for all of us, bridal party and guests.

'Rani
[/quote]

How do you do this? Such an epic idea. Thanks, Rani! And yeah, we do already live together, have for the past 3 years. We have everything we need crammed in a small one-bedroom apartment (although she wants new furniture when we move, ugh). We plan on moving after the honeymoon in July sometime, so when we do we hope it's a bigger place (townhouse hopefully, or MAYBE small house) and we'll just be able to spread out all the furniture and have so much more room for activities!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BlHY69ZsZ0

[quote name='Chreees' timestamp='1325714626' post='534600']
[quote name='Rani' timestamp='1325706778' post='534586']

'Rani
[/quote]

How do you do this? Such an epic idea. Thanks, Rani! And yeah, we do already live together, have for the past 3 years. We have everything we need crammed in a small one-bedroom apartment (although she wants new furniture when we move, ugh). We plan on moving after the honeymoon in July sometime, so when we do we hope it's a bigger place (townhouse hopefully, or MAYBE small house) and we'll just be able to spread out all the furniture and have so much more room for activities!

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BlHY69ZsZ0[/media]
[/quote]

My business website is through Vistaprint, where you could also order your invitations matching the website assuming you see something you like. It costs me just under $25.00 a month. I haven't investigated adding MF to it, but check it out. The administrative tools are very, very good for those of us not looking to reprogram a wheel from scratch. Yahoo also has websites with a downloadable site builder package for free, but there's a small set-up fee and then a monthly fee. I'd check Vistaprint first. But you can also do the usual web search for "personal website" or "wedding website". My friend even kept her gift registration on it. She put wedding pictures up for people who weren't able to travel for the ceremony and then honeymoon pictures when they got back. She left it up for maybe three months after the wedding and then closed it down after sending all her thank you, and "last chance to download our pictures" emails to all the followers. Worked really, really well.

'Rani

[quote name='Chreees' timestamp='1325715575' post='534605']
Awesome! Thank you! I will DEFINITELY check it out. :)
[/quote]

Apparently Vistaprint DOES do wedding websites with a "shopping cart" option, so MF should be available. Start with their wedding invitations and it will make the website with whichever design you prefer. I have to say, I absolutely LOVE their invitations. Very fresh and original. Not the typical stodgy "cream and a bow" that's been done forever.

'Rani