[quote name='MichaelLCP' timestamp='1303950456' post='507099']
My friend has one. We have smoked out of it before.

1. The coals don't last long. They are enclosed in a tray with no air flow. Fire needs oxygen to survive.
2. It takes forever to light up the shisha.
3. The juices do drip on the coals. Hello! Shisha is wet!

= Piece of shit product. or.... FAIL PRODUCT!
[/quote]

No offense, but maybe you should read the rules again. Mainly the first one. I realize you may not like it, I was asking why it was getting hate. I didn't ask people to be asses about this all.

I haven't smoked one of these... but let me get this straight, maybe you're just doing it wrong. It's not an enclosed tray. it has openings on the sides and top. I feel like that should be sufficient enough to keep the coals lit, I may be wrong, but it just doesn't seem right that they would just go out...

Shisha is wet, yes, but how come almost everybody else is saying that it works without dripping?

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='MichaelLCP' timestamp='1303949768' post='507097']
Okay mr. this shit is fantastic. Why wouldn't you just buy a phunnel bowl. Great airflow, lasts hours upon hours upon hours. I said this was just my opinion several posts above. I'm not trying to convince you to hate this bowl. All I'm saying is this bowl is pointless.
[/quote]

Also, not everybody can get a phunnel bowl to work well. I can, but that doesn't mean Im not interested in trying something new.

[quote name='rhineholt' timestamp='1303956782' post='507114']

1. The coals don't last long. They are enclosed in a tray with no air flow. Fire needs oxygen to survive.

[/quote]

No offense, but maybe you should read the rules again. Mainly the first one. I realize you may not like it, I was asking why it was getting hate. I didn't ask people to be asses about this all.

I haven't smoked one of these... but let me get this straight, maybe you're just doing it wrong. It's not an enclosed tray. it has openings on the sides and top. I feel like that should be sufficient enough to keep the coals lit, I may be wrong, but it just doesn't seem right that they would just go out...

Shisha is wet, yes, but how come almost everybody else is saying that it works without dripping?
[/quote]

When did you come into our conversation?

[quote]1) Maintain a civil manner and tone. This is a friendly forum with a wide variety of people from lots of different places. We will not all agree on issues. Feel free to express yourself, but name calling, personal insults, and baiting will not be tolerated. Profanity is permitted in it's proper context. [/quote]

I did not insult anyone. "FEEL FREE TO EXPRESS YOURSELF" Did I call anyone names? No. Last time I checked this product wasn't a person. Nor does it have feelings.

[quote name='MichaelLCP' timestamp='1303957727' post='507119']
[quote]1) Maintain a civil manner and tone. This is a friendly forum with a wide variety of people from lots of different places. We will not all agree on issues. Feel free to express yourself, but name calling, personal insults, and baiting will not be tolerated. Profanity is permitted in it's proper context. [/quote]

I did not insult anyone. "FEEL FREE TO EXPRESS YOURSELF" Did I call anyone names? No. Last time I checked this product wasn't a person. Nor does it have feelings.
[/quote]

You're right. Saying what you have been saying is in a civil tone. "Mr this shit is fantastic" is considered name calling... you know what, whatever. im gonna step out of this and let other people deal with this.

[/quote]

In my experience (limited now to 3) I have to disagree.
On point 3, not once did the shisha drip onto the coals. I've tried with the screen it came with and foil, no dripping. Essentially from what I can tell is that whatever drip may start to form is quickly scorched to foil/screen. Like burning sugar in a pot. I've used AF and Al Amir.
In regards to point 2, in my case the heat up time was approx. 2 and half minutes - 3 minutes.. The instructions say wait 2 minutes but I found you may need to wait a few seconds more.
In regards to point 1, I did have a coal snuff out situation (which I haven't figured out yet) but when using the instants, this has not occurred again.

-b.

[quote name='MichaelLCP' timestamp='1303970808' post='507141']
I was voicing my opinion. Then everyone got all butt hurt.
[/quote]

It's the way you went about it. Just leave it alone and we're all good.

Thread may continue...

So, what i am seeing is this, people who haven't tried it say it's terrible. The 2 or 3 people who HAVE tried it, say it's ok. Hmmm.....see a trend here folks?

My person opinion is merely that i just don't see the need for it. Also the makers of this product used multiple accounts to SPAM advertise it. But to get into a name calling 5th grade situation over something the majority of the people here haven't even USED just makes me wonder.

[quote name='mushrat' timestamp='1303996928' post='507169']
So, what i am seeing is this, people who haven't tried it say it's terrible. The 2 or 3 people who HAVE tried it, say it's ok. Hmmm.....see a trend here folks?

My person opinion is merely that i just don't see the need for it. Also the makers of this product used multiple accounts to SPAM advertise it. But to get into a name calling 5th grade situation over something the majority of the people here haven't even USED just makes me wonder.
[/quote]

I wouldn't say everybody involved named called like fifth graders. I tried to keep it as nice as I could.

[quote name='mushrat' timestamp='1303921766' post='507013']
[quote name='squidget' timestamp='1303917104' post='507003']
Got my flip in last night. I stopped buying so many shoes so now I waste my money on hookah things :) It will not stand on its own - the center of gravity is too off. However, It is light enough that it will not tip a small hookah. I used it with a Mya Diva and the hookah was perfectly stable. It uses a MOD grommet, FYI. In regards to performance, I think I still need to play with it to get to the sweet spot. The first 10 minutes were great but something weird happened and all my coals died out (had 3 coco's in there). I don't know how or why but they were black as night. I switched to 3 three king instant lites and those did stay lit but was having a difficult time in finding the right height that was not too harsh and not too weak.
[/quote]

may be smothering the coals. Not enough air flow?
[/quote]

possibly. I did have it all sammiched together (no gap). I have not been able to repeat my blunder so the other possibility is I did not light the coals fully.

To be honest, I don't see how it can properly work, because you're not pulling air through the coals. Unless... You pulling the air through the top upside-down bowl is enough to pull air through the holes on the side of the bottom coal bowl, and make it go through the gap between the two bowls... if that makes any sense...

[quote name='INCUBUSRATM' timestamp='1304027076' post='507261']
To be honest, I don't see how it can properly work, because you're not pulling air through the coals. Unless... You pulling the air through the top upside-down bowl is enough to pull air through the holes on the side of the bottom coal bowl, and make it go through the gap between the two bowls... if that makes any sense...
[/quote]

That does make sense and this does happen. Essentially the bottom looks like a phunnel with the hole in the middle. You need to poke a few holes in there so that when you take a drag you "suck" air up from the coals. You can see it because when you drag, the coals go red. Now, if the gap between the coals and the bowl is too big, this will not occur (and thats when you know to move the coals closer)

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFw3fxJUEhg"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFw3fxJUEhg[/url] heres a good review on the flip.

ladies and gentlemen... (drumroll)
It does drip, or at least it can (que fake shock!). I've had my flip for a few weeks now and have been putting through the paces. It's been working until today when noticed this wierd sizzling sound and I looked over and it was dripping.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Y2eeZ.jpg[/IMG]
That black pool in the corner is caramelized juices that dripped from the bowl

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/0y0i6.jpg[/IMG]
The top er bottom of the bowl itself.

I was testing out some hookafina when this occurred. I've tried AF, Starbuzz and Nak in this thing without issues. This is the first shisha that caused drippage.

/PSA

[quote name='Click' timestamp='1304578383' post='508362']
Hookafina is the wettest shisha everrrrr. More than layalina, fantasia, anything. It's ridiculous.
[/quote]

This. It was my first time with the stuff and its mostly juice with bits of tobacco floating in it. The moral of the story is, stick to drier shishas for the flip

• 10 months later...
Just when people where getting use to the flip they come out with this awful thing.

[url="http://www.hookahcompany.com/hookah_flip_hookah_bowl_5902_prd1.htm"]http://www.hookahcompany.com/hookah_flip_hookah_bowl_5902_prd1.htm[/url]

[img]http://www.hookah-shisha.com/store/pc/catalog/Dragon-Hookah-Flip-L.jpg[/img]