Conspiracy/End Of Time Theories

[quote name='mustafabey' date='06 July 2010 - 05:33 PM' timestamp='1278455635' post='474163']
Incubusratm said:"I can be of more help in many more ways... Just let me know"

Now that fat chicks are out somebody needs to protect these gals[img]http://uploaded.interestingnonetheless.net/Coca-Cola/hookah00000060.JPG[/img]
[/quote]

It would be my pleasure!!! So now my duties are: Bowl packer, Kung Fu instructor, and women protector!

[quote name='kyleSD' date='05 July 2010 - 02:02 PM' timestamp='1278356574' post='474035']
Pork is right, at this point in time the only thing that can really feasibly destroy the world is us. It's different from "end all" scenarios of history. We don't have widespread plague (although one could argue AIDS is a pandemic, medicine and prevention have helped somewhat control it) or anything similar to wipe civilization out, but we do have WMDs. Not ruling out getting hit by a giant meteor (hey, who knows?) or the sun exploding, as it inevitably will, the only real threat, at least in my eyes, is people. It's a very scary thought.
[/quote]

You got me spot on.

We pollute on lethal levels. We create massive explosives. We create guns. We waste precious natural resources, and 85% of the world doesn't even blink an eye.

Not to mention in the last year, the united states has spent about 1000X more money on "the army" and "national security" than we did in the leading killer of Americans. Heart Disease - which in retrospect killed about 2,500 times as many people as terrorists last year.

Whatever we, as humans do, no matter how horrible, it won't be the end of the earth. Earth will survive, humans will go the way of dinosaurs. There have been a few major changes in the earth that drastically changed life. The Comet event 65 million years ago is jut one. If humans pollute the environment, cause the extinction of vast numbers of species,greatly change the face of the planet thru climate change, then after we die off, a vast vacuum will appear in nature and spur on a great diversification of evolutionary growth. The earth will look different, but she will survive and the great dance of life will continue. We really are so insignificant.
  • Upvote 1

[quote name='mustafabey' date='06 July 2010 - 09:27 PM' timestamp='1278469650' post='474181']
Whatever we, as humans do, no matter how horrible, it won't be the end of the earth. Earth will survive, humans will go the way of dinosaurs. There have been a few major changes in the earth that drastically changed life. The Comet event 65 million years ago is jut one. If humans pollute the environment, cause the extinction of vast numbers of species,greatly change the face of the planet thru climate change, then after we die off, a vast vacuum will appear in nature and spur on a great diversification of evolutionary growth. The earth will look different, but she will survive and the great dance of life will continue. We really are so insignificant.
[/quote]

Agreed. We should call it "Human Day" rather than "Earth Day." The earth has been through raining fire compared to what we do to it.
Our stupidity and arrogance is our undoing.

[quote name='mustafabey' date='06 July 2010 - 09:27 PM' timestamp='1278469650' post='474181']
[/quote]

this. it's not the earth i'm worried about, it's us

[quote name='Dr. B' date='07 July 2010 - 01:10 AM' timestamp='1278490237' post='474207']
I suppose a butthole-shaped light on the wall is more convincing.
[/quote]

Yes

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='ashes87' date='17 July 2010 - 05:55 PM' timestamp='1279410921' post='475432']
This is exactly how the world will end - [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZMwKPmsbWE"]http://www.youtube.c...h?v=nZMwKPmsbWE[/url]
[/quote]

+1

Some say the end is near. Some say well see Armageddon soon. i certainly hope we will...i sure could use a vacation.

To those people i say shit happens and it has happened since the beginning of time.

To the NWO people i argue that It is a cyclical thing The world will become more and more connected and merge into a single entity then after shit falls apart ( because nothing can be perfect ) countries will head to isolationism and the cycle will repeat.

to the Bible thumpers like my family( uggh) the rapture is commonly attributed with the kingdom of god/"end time stuff" . So i even supply them with scripture to refudiate (lol- a sarah palin word)...to refute them. for those of you who read the bible:

Lk 17:20-21 Once, having been asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, Jesus replied, "The kingdom of God does not come with your careful observation,nor will people say, 'Here it is,' or 'There it is,' because the kingdom of God is within you.

btw i like the Gospel of Thomas' version better
Th 113. His disciples said to him, "When will the kingdom come?" "It will not come by watching for it. It will not be said, 'Look, here!' or 'Look, there!' Rather, the Father's kingdom is spread out upon the earth, and people don't see it."

so i dont really give it much weight.

its even more ironic that i work in a christian store...yeah you read right. lol

frequently i get people asking for Tim Lahaye and all his endtime bullshit. His "ministry" is built off of that and i can tell you that he makes a shit load by selling fear.

• Upvote 1

[quote name='ZAGO' date='24 July 2010 - 10:38 PM' timestamp='1280029107' post='476199']

frequently i get people asking for Tim Lahaye and all his endtime bullshit. His "ministry" is built off of that and i can tell you that he makes a shit load by selling fear.

[/quote]

Every religion tells us stories about scaring us into hell. Or smiting us down.. Blah blah blah. Same shit, different god. I have yet to see any tangible proof or evidence other than a few books written by a bunch of people who were probably taking hallucinogens.

[quote name='porksandwich9113' date='25 July 2010 - 01:51 PM' timestamp='1280087477' post='476273']
[quote name='ZAGO' date='24 July 2010 - 10:38 PM' timestamp='1280029107' post='476199']

[/quote]

[b]Every religion tells us stories about scaring us into hell. Or smiting us down.. Blah blah blah. Same shit, different god. I have yet to see any tangible proof or evidence other than a few books written by a bunch of people who were probably taking hallucinogens.[/b]
[/quote]
Cosign 1000000%

I agree with this point. It's the whole "Turn or BURN!!!!" movement. That being said, I don't believe in an "end of days" "apocalypse" or whatever. I think "the end of the world" = death. When an individual dies, they will no longer be able to see, feel taste, touch, hear, or smell anything. Thier reality will cease to exist, or their world will end. The whole rapture argument is a tool used to scare people into being "good".

[quote name='thatonethere' date='26 July 2010 - 06:40 AM' timestamp='1280140836' post='476363']
[quote name='porksandwich9113' date='25 July 2010 - 01:51 PM' timestamp='1280087477' post='476273']

[/quote]

[b]Every religion tells us stories about scaring us into hell. Or smiting us down.. Blah blah blah. Same shit, different god. I have yet to see any tangible proof or evidence other than a few books written by a bunch of people who were probably taking hallucinogens.[/b]
[/quote]
Cosign 1000000%

I agree with this point. It's the whole "Turn or BURN!!!!" movement. That being said, I don't believe in an "end of days" "apocalypse" or whatever. I think "the end of the world" = death. When an individual dies, they will no longer be able to see, feel taste, touch, hear, or smell anything. Thier reality will cease to exist, or their world will end. The whole rapture argument is a tool used to scare people into being "good".
[/quote]

The "good" being determined by others rather than ones own conscience. Therefor we impose our morality on others via fear. There are a host of opinions out there that believe that fundamentalist christians are actively lobbying the congress to instigate a war with Iran and to draw Israel into it, in order that these christians can manipulate the rapture and second coming. Here is an al Jazeera editorial on this subject
al Jazeera Scary that our government can be held hostage to myth.

^^^ Exactly, Mustafabey. I think the reason why the government is "held hostage to myth" is because people in general are. A lot of us base who we vote for on how Christian they are when it comes down to "the issues", when it clearly doesn't matter. What really matters is how well they can do their job.

There are 3 things that start wars:
Resources (oil, diamonds, gold, coffee, etc)
Religion
Freedom (or lack thereof depending on the culture, and societal norms of that culture)

The sad thing is that these things have been used from the beginning of time to start shit, but people still don't see the pattern.
That is the cycle of things, and it will continue to go on until people see otherwise.

thatonethere said:" There are 3 things that start wars:
Resources (oil, diamonds, gold, coffee, etc)
Religion
Freedom (or lack thereof depending on the culture, and societal norms of that culture)"

Oh my god what happened to glory! Ya mean I been had?

I suppose in the religion section we can include, besides say the Crusades and 30 years war,say Nazism,Communism. Also religious wars can have other factors, religion just being the big lie to play the masses on, say as in The Global War on Terror ,both sides or maybe all sides

I can generate positive energy to make a small piece of the world a better place. I cannot, unless I want to give up the entirely of my life, investigate and try to prove the Lone Gunman theorem or anything other conspiracy theory. And I'm completely helpless against a planet killer meteor, etc. Sooooooooooo, since given the choice to live a happy life, while contributing some positive energy without totally depleting my own, or chasing windmills and stressing about planet killers, I'm thinking conspiracy theories and End of Time prophecies are a waste of a good time.

Somebody pass me the hose and the tequila, m'kay?

'Rani