New Coconara Shape

20 members have voted

1. 1. coconara new shape love it or hate it?

Love em! They aren't as bad to cut as you would think.

They don't burn quite as hot.

I got 90 minutes out of them!!!!!

I never had Cocos go out on me. I flip them during lighting and I flip them once, twice for the newer ones. never any problems.

90 minutes? The max I've gotten is about 45-60 min out of 2 coals. I've never used the old shape, but the new one works, although they tend to round out a bit if you ash them a lot. Then they like to roll around. =)

[quote name='Stuie' date='30 April 2010 - 05:12 PM' timestamp='1272665554' post='466156']
The more people mess with them the shorter they last.
[/quote]

I figured that out today.
I was playing Nazi Zombies at a friends. We were playing for a good 30 minutes and smoking for maybe 30 before that. I went to take a hit of the hookah and it still gave me billowing clouds!

I haven't gotten the new ones yet.

Stuie, how are you not having cocos go out on you? I flip mine during lighting, and they still go black on the bottom for the first 20 minutes of a session

The new cubes are okay, never have I had a coco go out on me in any shape. I have noticed in a few cubes a yellow goo. I heard it's a plastic sliver in the coal. That's maybe 10 coals out of 500 cubes so far otherwise they are good. I prefer the 1x1x.6 shape but that's me and I'll keep using them. I don't get anywhere near the time some of you people claim to get. 1 hr 50 min. out of 4 halves? are you smoking them. I get about 50 minutes if that out of a round but maybe I hit a lot?

As I have commented in the past, I think people have the issue of cocos going out on them when they don't poke enough holes in the foil. You need good airflow to keep them warm.

So either not enough holes, too small of holes, or not hitting it often enough.

Love em.

Never had a coco go out on me. But I guess that might be because the majority of the time I use them, I have a bonfire to get them nice n' volcanicly (?) hot.

New ones fit alot nicer, and require alot less matenience IMO.

I have experienced, however, that they break a lot easier. To ash them I drop them on the ashtray and I've had about 5 of my last 20 split right in half...

At first I hated them. They just weren't what I was used to.
I figured them out though. When I'm lighting them I only light one side. I usually wait until there's flames, and then I put the hot side down for a few min, then flip to the sides (which are cooler) when it starts going.

I still don't like them as much as the previous ones, simply because now there's ash. Used to be none. :(