Curious As To How Many Languages This Forum Knows...

Tyler

English (British style)
Cantonese --> not very well but I can communicate ok.
Hakka (Chinese dialect)
Enough somali to get the Somalian pirates to kidnap me... [img]http://www.hookahforum.com/public/style_emoticons/default/girl_flag_of_truce.gif[/img]

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right now I'm at least proficient in: English, Korean, Spanish; C, C++, HTML, Java, PHP, SQL.

I'd love to learn Arabic, Mandarin Chinese, and Portuguese... who wants to teach me?!

[quote name='FSUReligionMan' date='09 November 2009 - 05:22 PM' timestamp='1257776548' post='425845']
Currently, I am fluent in english, spanish, and ASL. I am working on Arabic, Coptic, Hebrew, and Japanese. What languages do you know?
[/quote]

[font="Georgia"][size="3"][color="#4b0082"][i]Native English speaker, grew up speaking and writing with my Russian grandfather. I am fluent in Arabic, tourist capable in spanish and japanese and a master of Pig Latin. [/i][/color][/size][/font] Edited by Scrappydoo

Is love making grunting and screaming a language?

[font="Garamond"][size="4"][color="#4b0082"]LOL! Only if she can understand what you want! [/color][/size][/font]

[quote name='HookahJohn' date='10 November 2009 - 08:11 AM' timestamp='1257829907' post='426128']
i no speak eneglish, poquito espanl, ktir arabi, barki mou ktir, en peu francais, spraken deutch, i think, but i am confident i can make a friend out of anyone no matter what language they speak so long as they can sit and either drink or eat with me, and for you foreign and non foreign ladies, i do speak the language of love. but to your dismay i am taken......and have been drinking while making this post [img]http://www.hookahforum.com/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif[/img]
[/quote]

Hahahahah, OMG! I'm so dismayed. [img]http://www.hookahforum.com/public/style_emoticons/default/banan-hit.gif[/img]

[quote name='Scrappydoo' date='15 December 2009 - 03:36 AM' timestamp='1260876978' post='439186']
[quote name='HookahJohn' date='10 November 2009 - 08:11 AM' timestamp='1257829907' post='426128']
i no speak eneglish, poquito espanl, ktir arabi, barki mou ktir, en peu francais, spraken deutch, i think, but i am confident i can make a friend out of anyone no matter what language they speak so long as they can sit and either drink or eat with me, and for you foreign and non foreign ladies, i do speak the language of love. but to your dismay i am taken......and have been drinking while making this post [img]http://www.hookahforum.com/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif[/img]
[/quote]

Hahahahah, OMG! I'm so dismayed. [img]http://www.hookahforum.com/public/style_emoticons/default/banan-hit.gif[/img]
[/quote]

oops, glad i said i was drinking when typing that one. i totally forgot. and sd thank you...thank you very much

• 3 weeks later...
[quote name='FSUReligionMan' date='09 November 2009 - 07:22 AM' timestamp='1257776548' post='425845']
Currently, I am fluent in english, spanish, and ASL. I am working on Arabic, Coptic, Hebrew, and Japanese. What languages do you know?
[/quote]

I'm fluent in English and ASL, working on spanish. I know VERY basic Mandarin (a few words), a little French, A little Italian, and a little German.

I just thought it was pretty cool that we're most fluent in the same three languages.

In descending order (slashes represent same level):

English (native, fluent)
Arabic (Iraqi, MSA/Lebanese) (native, almost fluent)
French
Persian
German/Turkish
Hindi-Urdu
Spanish (only by virtue of growing up in America)
Japanese (know almost nothing useful but a lot of random crap) Edited by Hassouni

[quote name='Hassouni' date='07 January 2010 - 10:08 PM' timestamp='1262891321' post='443793']

English (native, fluent)
French
Persian
German/Turkish
Hindi-Urdu
Japanese (know almost nothing useful but a lot of random crap)
[/quote]

WOW, you could really be raking in some dough if you wanted to be a linguist! They are SO needing arabic, farsi and Urdu!

[quote name='Scrappydoo' date='07 January 2010 - 03:37 PM' timestamp='1262896633' post='443804']
[quote name='Hassouni' date='07 January 2010 - 10:08 PM' timestamp='1262891321' post='443793']

English (native, fluent)
French
Persian
German/Turkish
Hindi-Urdu
Japanese (know almost nothing useful but a lot of random crap)
[/quote]

WOW, you could really be raking in some dough if you wanted to be a linguist! They are SO needing arabic, farsi and Urdu!
[/quote]

Eh, only my Arabic is good enough to work in....

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='FSUReligionMan' date='09 November 2009 - 04:22 PM' timestamp='1257776548' post='425845']
[/quote]

You're learning 4 new languages at once? Amazing! I speak Hebrew & English flewentleyy

Arabic and Japanese are things I pick up in my hobbies so they're a contstant learning project.

Coptic and Hebrew I am learning via my grad program.

I'm not technically "activly" learning 4 languages but I'm adding to my vocab and learning grammar.

• 3 weeks later...
English, a little of Spanish, i can read most German and speak very little of it, im learning Portuguese, i know very tiny bits of Korean, Japanese and french, i learned most of my Korean from tae kwon do so i dont know much XD