Best Shisha

I've been reading reviews and it sounds like i've been buying the wrong shisha. I want something that will give me a great buzz and alot of smoke. I've been using Starbuzz because it tastes good but it generally gives me a headache. So, i'm open for suggestions and not just on brands but on sites to buy them and flavors.

QUOTE (MiButterflyWingz @ Sep 26 2009, 06:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've been reading reviews and it sounds like i've been buying the wrong shisha. I want something that will give me a great buzz and alot of smoke. I've been using Starbuzz because it tastes good but it generally gives me a headache. So, i'm open for suggestions and not just on brands but on sites to buy them and flavors.

Best advice I can give you is to try them all, you know? there isn't one best hookah tobacco. So go out and try them all smile.gif

This question has been asked before.. sadly, there's no definitive answer. Fans of Al Fakher, Nakhla, or Tangiers will say to buy their favorite brand. Can't really say which is best.. especially when certain brands can make a certain flavor better than others.

The current popular favorites that I've noticed are Nakhla's Miso flavors, and most Tangiers OG flavors, most notably their Peach, Orange, Cherry, and some others I don't remember. Eric could probably tell us which are selling best. Probably Peach and Orange.

I haven't heard anything good about Al Fakher in a while, and none of the other shisha brands seem to get mentioned much here. It's really all personal taste. Sadly, ya gotta try 50g boxes of each and every flavor, note which ones you like best, and go from there.. it costs hundreds, but it can be done over the course of money.. er sorry.. many years. wink.gif

Its all going to be personal preference, there isnt one end all be all shisha that its flavors are better than everything else. Kinda like the saying dont put all your eggs in one basket, get a variety of flavors and brands and you'll find what you like.

I would pick up some 50g packets of everything you can find and start from there.Also try out some differen kinds of coals and see what works best for you.

My personal favorite is nakhla for tobacco and coconara's for natural coals and 40mm golden quik lights for quik lights

My advice is try all the different brands. 50g packages are great for sampling. Here's the brands I've tried so far and what I think about them:

Hookah-Hookah: Crap. Utter crap. Weak flavor, no buzz. I started out with twenty different flavored shots of this stuff that I got for my first shisha purchase before I became a member here and got informed...I've got 12 left, lol. Will probably never smoke it.
Al Fakher: Me likey. The double apple smells like licorice, but smokes good/tastes good. My favorite AF flavors are strawberry and watermelon. I've also tried vanilla, lemon, melon, grape, and one other I can't remember right now. The grape smells like ketchup, same case as the double apple. Smells nasty, smokes good.
Starbuzz: I've only tried guava. The hookah lounge next door to my apts gave me it as a sample to try to get me to come back and smoke there. $20 a bowl, no thank you. The Starbuzz was okay on flavor, but found it lacking in the buzz dept. I'll try more flavors in the future.

I just ordered me three flavors of Nakhla in 250g tubs: strawberry, mizo guava, and chocomint. I hear nothing but good about Nak. I'd suggest trying a little of everything over time, but try Nak and AF first. Good starters IMO.

/endessay

QUOTE (ilikemyusername @ Sep 26 2009, 06:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (JDHarding @ Sep 26 2009, 07:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (ilikemyusername @ Sep 26 2009, 03:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
the first is the best, nakhla double apple.

I didn't like the double apple.. too much anise.

wellp then poop to you I say!
how ya been man?

Well poop to you back! tongue.gif

I recommend finding a couple flavors you like, like for me it was Watermelon, Cherry, Strawberry.. then try each brand's version of those. Whoever does them best is your best bet. I'm not saying to try the ones I like, but whichever flavors appeal most to you. If you wanna smoke something that tastes like Orange, do Orange. Peach, do peach. Apple, do apple. Whichever.

Give Romman a go. It's slightly more expensive and seen by some as a waste, but that's just opinion. If you can crank out the extra 6 bucks for a 250, do it. I suggest the orange, lemon, mint, spearmint, and maybe chocolate mint. I'm a Starbuzz fan myself, so this should be right up your alley.

Here's a site that'll ship Serbeti, and some other rare shishas to the states. Or at least I've never heard of them before.

http://www.shisha-wasserpfeife.com/

Hopefully there isn't anything NHT on that site. I didn't look all the way through. They got quite a few shisha flavorers too. Edited by JDHarding

The tobacco that is offered in Germany has less flavor ,some law for the percent of glycerine (not sure that was the word) .So the best thing is if you are able to find some offers directly from Turkey. To be sure it is the turkish one,not the german,keep a close look on the warning signs.

I was on a vacation in Turkey,so got back with a kilo of this stuff.And I live in Europe,not the US,so don't ask me to send samples. smile.gif

Like most people said you just need to try different ones out. In the past I heard a ton of great things about nakhla but tried some of their flavors and dident really find anything that great about them except for their double apple.

Tried a few different tangiers and they vary. I once had a tangiers cool strawberry and smoking it was like having an ice pick go into my lungs.

So far I believe Al farker to be the best out of the ones ive tried. Not too expensive, consistant flavors and widley available.