Nakhla Og Tutorial

I just bought some Nakhla tobacco, one 50g pack and one 150g pack. However, it seems to be some problem with it. It doesn't matter how I pack it, it always tastes burnt! So, after all those tries with no success, but have had success with other tobacco as some "Al Fakher"-copy and Soex I'm start thinking that this tobacco might be some bad pirate copy of Nakhla. So, that's why i wonder how I can now that it is real Nekhla? And no pirated shit...

QUOTE (Chrilleee @ Nov 5 2009, 12:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just bought some Nakhla tobacco, one 50g pack and one 150g pack. However, it seems to be some problem with it. It doesn't matter how I pack it, it always tastes burnt! So, after all those tries with no success, but have had success with other tobacco as some "Al Fakher"-copy and Soex I'm start thinking that this tobacco might be some bad pirate copy of Nakhla. So, that's why i wonder how I can now that it is real Nekhla? And no pirated shit...

nakhla doesnt make 150g packs..plus can you take pics of these packs and we can help you better

QUOTE (mattarios2 @ Nov 5 2009, 04:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know they make 175g boxes, not sure about 250g though.

175g eh? I was at my local store-thing yesterday trying to cop a box of Apricot only to find that all of the apricot boxes felt noticeably lighter than the rest. There was, unlike on the other boxes, no english writing on it either. Being in a apricot-specific mood I decided to just buy it for the price of a 250 (side note: i mentioned the weight to the owner and he got mad at me and wouldn't look me in the eyes... furthering my theory that virginia hookah-sellers are all irrational greedy assholes). My guess upon opening it up was that it was 125g but I guess it was 175....

• 2 months later...
OK...been an AF smoker for years, bought a jar of Nak DA....and it was dry as shit. Also, I packed pretty tightly, got big clouds, but very little flavor. I thought the jars were supposed to be juicy and very flavorful? Do I need to let it acclimate? What's up?

[quote name='Hassouni' date='04 February 2010 - 09:04 PM' timestamp='1265353448' post='449833']
OK...been an AF smoker for years, bought a jar of Nak DA....and it was dry as shit. Also, I packed pretty tightly, got big clouds, but very little flavor. I thought the jars were supposed to be juicy and very flavorful? Do I need to let it acclimate? What's up?
[/quote]

did you stir it? the juice settles to the bottom, so when you first open the jar...the top part is dry. a bit of stirring helps.

also, are you saying it's dry relatively to AF or other tobaccos? because most nakhlas won't ever get that soaked...

[quote name='Arcane' date='05 February 2010 - 02:10 AM' timestamp='1265353826' post='449836']
[quote name='Hassouni' date='04 February 2010 - 09:04 PM' timestamp='1265353448' post='449833']
[/quote]

did you stir it? the juice settles to the bottom, so when you first open the jar...the top part is dry. a bit of stirring helps.

also, are you saying it's dry relatively to AF or other tobaccos? because most nakhlas won't ever get that soaked...
[/quote]

I stirred it a bit, the stuff was packed to the rim and was falling out, so it wasn't a vigorous stir. The top seemed dry even compared to what I remember boxed Nakhla being like. Let me give it a better stir and report back in a day or two.

i know what you mean...i normally dump it out into a bowl, use a spoon to get a good amount of juice left in the jar, and then stir it in the bowl...

after it's pretty well mixed, i pack myself a bowl and dump the remaining stuff back in the jar. after the first bowl is packed, i usually have enough room to stir the tobacco when it's in the jar.

How much should I be using in a small tang phunnel? 40-50g? more?

How much foil should I use? I use regular foil(not HD), usually double foil my egyptians, do I double foil my phunnel or just one layer?

Just make sure it is all broken up in the tub, you tend to get big chunks of shisha stuck together with Nakhla. And take big chunks with 3 fingers and drop it in, until it is a bit over the top of the phunnel. If it is regular foil you could use double layer but nak loves heat so I'd recommend trying it with 1 layer ... if it burns up to easily, back off on the heat, if it becomes still too tough to manage, double foil or just make life easy and use hd foil.

You can't really estimate b/c I haven't seen the size of your phunnel, they are all handmade so amounts of shisha differ from bowl to bowl.

Ok I dumped it into a bowl, stirred until it was all glossy looking, let it air out for a few hours, and it was DEFINITELY better than the first try, though still not as flavorful as I was expecting

what flavor? only a couple nak flavors need acclimation ... if you acclimate a flavor that doesn't need acclimation i find it definitely kills the flavor a good bit.

With 95% of nak flavors, I open tub, stir, pack, and I leave the foil on without holes until a few min before I smoke.

DA in the glass jar. It was more flavorful and smoked better than without the stirring and acclimation, but people have been talking about killer flavor from the jars...not sure it was there...

i find jar, can, box, whatever there is always amazing flavor.

I find DA doesn't need acclimation, some like to acclimate it to remove some of the anise taste.

If you weren't getting tons of flavor, which you should have, there is a chance you possibly could have been overheating it. Nak can take a beating in the heat department, so sometimes it smokes fine (not harsh) but in reality you are roasting it a little too much and losing flavor.

I like it right out of the tub.

• 3 years later...