Mitsuba Portable Hookah Vs Leila Portable Hookah

Hi everybody,

I have seen this summer some boys with an portable hookah. I like it very much and will buy the same one. I have searched on the internet and have found only 2 portable hookahs. This 2:

Mitsuba portable Hookah:

$49.99

Leila Portable Hookah:

$99.99

Which one is the best of this 2?? I hope you can help me.

2 things the Mitsubu is Chinese I believe, and it looks cheaply made. Second, I am not putting a heat source that unshielded close to my body.

Leila is pretty good for what it is. Wouldn't mind having one for the car, but it wouldn't be my every day smoke.

QUOTE (Stuie @ Aug 11 2009, 10:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
2 things the Mitsubu is Chinese I believe, and it looks cheaply made. Second, I am not putting a heat source that unshielded close to my body.

Leila is pretty good for what it is. Wouldn't mind having one for the car, but it wouldn't be my every day smoke.

Couldn't have said it better. And anyone that I've talked to thats smoked from a Leila said they are pretty good.

FUCK MITSUBA

My first hookah was a two hose one...fell apart piece by piece...I kept repairing...would fix one section, then another would fall apart until finally the heart went
Mitsuba is junk

First time I ever smoked was Tangiers Lucid Passion Fruit with K1024 out of his Leila. Will definitely not be my last time smoking Tangiers. Also really wanted to get a Leila after that, but can't justify spending 70-80 bucks on one. They smoke really good, but are a bit pricey. Also, hobohookahs are out of stock right now. They are supposed to send me an email when they are back in-stock and I have not received one yet.

oh, and that mistuba looks like a piece of shit.

Go with the leila i personally have one i just used it on my road trip. I works well for smoking in the car, its no km or mya or anything but it works, the smoke is a little hotter (very little water to cool it) and it doesnt smoke AMAZINGLY but your smoking while driving for heavens sake. I would recommend it if thats what you want it for, if you want it for a daily smoker then dont get it.

QUOTE (khalidinio @ Aug 12 2009, 04:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Arcane @ Aug 11 2009, 10:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i'd go with the Leila if you had to choose between those two...

or, you could drop a good amount of money and get: http://www.medusepipes.com/?c=mini_sniper

What is the price of the mini sniper ? I dont see a pricelist or something

Around 400 dollars, seriously.

i have a leila, and can say that it is amazing.

i use it for solo smokes and road trips. basically any trip thats longer than an hour i take the leila.

one bowl takes like 5g of shisha and can be smoked for 1.5 hours, if not longer..

I used to want a portable hookah real bad. I bought a pumpkin hookah to fit in my cup holder in my car, but it didnt fit. So I used a prescription medicine capsule thing for the vase. Worked pretty well, but the novelty wore off real fast and I never smoke while driving anymore.

I played around with the mitsuba personally and its made of real flimsy metal and the heat would soak through to the outside real fast. The leila is another one that I have played around with. Its got better construction but it seems like the entire body is made from glass. So you know those vase breaking horror stories you hear......well if you are unfortunate enough that could be your entire hookah gone in one shot.

• 11 months later...
Old thread, but I just love all the comments on the Mitsuba from folks that have never actually smoked the thing.

I have a hobonargile, a mitsuba portable and a small but well-made "traditional" hookah and have smoked a leila. All of these I would say are pretty portable.

They are each good for different things- the hobonargile is amazingly small and is great for sticking in a rucksack to take camping, or even to parties (although if using inside I would recommend purchasing either a bowl with an attached lockable windcover or you can stick a small ashcatcher and/or a small windcover to avoid burnt carpets. It is also pretty much indestructable and you don't have to worry about breaking a vase as it fits on most bottles (although I think an adjustable length pipe would be a good idea so it could fit in smaller bottles).

The small traditional shisha and the leila both smoke pretty good (but not as good as the hobonargile) and are fairly portable. Tbh though I don't think the leila has that much extra to offer over the other one. It's harder to break (the vase) and it's nice to have it all enclosed but it's also more of a pain to adjust, has a smaller bowl etc. Would be good for smoking in the car I guess but it's also about 3 times the price. Plus I would only use half a coal in the leila otherwise it gets too hot (and has plastic parts!).

The Mitsuba has the advantage of being completely portable and you can walk around smoking it. Maybe you don't want to walk the dog while smoking but it's great for outdoor concerts and festivals. The outside gets warm but never too hot to touch/ have against your skin. I use it for outdoor festivals in Scotland so a bit of extra warmth is a definite advantage for me in fact. It is pretty well built and smokes pretty well considering its size (I usually just use half a quick lite coal rather than a full one in this also just because it is so small).

So basically I would think about what you want to do with your portable shisha and buy accordingly. The cheapest option would be to buy a decent quality mini hookah (mine's all brass) which is fairly portable and smokeable. The hobonargile I highly recommend as it is the best smoking and the packs up tiny and the mitsuba I would recommend also if you want to be able to wander around while smoking although you should have at least one other hookah and not just this model (and bear in mind you can probably buy all 3 of my recommendations for the same price as a leila!).

hope this helps someone!

i still have my leila and its a great rig just sucks they didnt make replacement hoses cause mine got water in it and rusted. as soon as my nammor gives out ill snip it up and use it on the leila as i did with my razan when it broke

Wow that Mistuba looks horrific!

Wtf do they actually think that the top of the hookah container isnt going to get red-hot from the coal?? Terrible

The leila is something im still interested in. Specially for the long 2 hour drive to jobsite i gotta make in an hour. grr

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='Webbles' date='03 August 2010 - 11:57 AM' timestamp='1280858249' post='477471']
Wow that Mistuba looks horrific!

Wtf do they actually think that the top of the hookah container isnt going to get red-hot from the coal?? Terrible

The leila is something im still interested in. Specially for the long 2 hour drive to jobsite i gotta make in an hour. grr
[/quote]

We've smoked the HoboNargile in a car quite a bit. It works well as long as you find a good vase that fits your cup holders. A Sigg bottle is probably the best fit for most cupholders, but a lot of 1L water bottles work great as well (if you don't want to drop the $20 on a Sigg bottle).

We seem to be the only one of the portable guys to have lasted through the years. We're in our 3rd year of production and sales are still really good, which means we'll be around for awhile (unlike the Leila and the Witch, both of which I think have bit the dust in the last year). The key, we feel, is that for a true portable hookah, you do need good materials. We've gotten a lot of feedback saying that the Hobo is too expensive given its just a portable rig, but with portability you need reliability too (when you are backpacking through Asia, you need your hookah to work because a replacement is a couple thousand miles away). Many of our customers still use their 2+ year old HoboHookah, which is a testament to the quality of the hookah (and a seemingly rare feet for any hookah under $100).

Anyways, thats my two cents. Happy smoking!

I have one of the old habohookahs and its on a 1.75ml Belvedeer bottle and works great. Ive attached it to a water kanteen and used it in the car placed in a cupholder. Worked great. Just no purge and don't want to buy the new one.

• 3 years later...