Alice In Wonderland

r1v3th3ad

its a traditional one...the caterpillar and hookah...the caterpillar looks similar to the one from the original book...so they are going old school with that...likewise with the hookah, its old school...they are keeping it very traditional, I like it.
At first I was think...I hope they use a KM that is unreleased in America and use a caterpillar like in gaia's avatar...then I thought it'd be pretty cool for them to go oldschool all the way...which it appears they may be doing, I really hope they do it this way, I like it

*Stuie Prediction*

We will have at least 9 people come to the forum and ask where to get a hookah like the one the caterpillar smoked with in 30 days of the movies release.

too bad the hose comes out of the base where the waterlevel should be and the top looks completly connected to the stem, so no coals, fun.

• 3 months later...
im pumped for this movie. so many good ones coming out this year!

-Alice In Wonderland
-The A-Team (lol)
-The Last Airbender (b.a)
-Robin Hood (oh Russel Crowe)
-Book of Eli (already out but for god sakes Denzel with a machete?!)
-Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows (yes people watch this, and yes i will be at the 12am showing)
-Prince of Persia
-Toy Story 3 (we've all seen one and two, dont lie)

And im sure theres more im missing, should be a good movie season this year though

not from the movie.....

....but......

....HELLLOOOOOOOOO ALICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[img]http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/dinsey-princesses-1.jpg[/img]
  • Upvote 1

[quote name='FSUReligionMan' date='27 July 2009 - 09:29 PM' timestamp='1248748149' post='391485']
Meh. Jonny Depp, no long excited about it. Gogo Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 1!
[/quote]

I'm curious to see it. But for Harry potter fans... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVW0HBmXyvs

[quote name='xnowandtheworldx' date='24 February 2010 - 12:25 PM' timestamp='1267032349' post='453422']
I'm going to the midnight premiere in IMAX-3D I've been waiting so long...and now it's almost here! YAY! :D
[/quote]

I'm thinking about that as well...the Imax is only a 20 min walk for me and only for 12 bucks

I would love to go to the midnight premiere but alas, I am not able to because I promised one of my friends who lives in the Valley that I would see it with her and her husband when they came to visit me when he is on leave from Iraq.

Yea, he is in the military so if sacrificing seeing a movie on the release to see it with them is so worth it to me.

i know for a face im going to midnight premiere... imax isnt my thing though, i always end up coming out with a splitting headache after

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='bigtoepfer' date='06 March 2010 - 07:35 PM' timestamp='1267922127' post='455650']
anyone seen the capertillar? Thats really what interests me most.
[/quote]
I did :)

To anyone going to see this, read the poem Jabberwocky first

I went in with really high expectations which is probably why I felt slightly deflated afterwords. I mean with Tim Burton directing and stars like Johnny Depp you really expect a lot out of the film you're going to see. But then I just had to remember the writing was probably kept simple enough for young children to follow. It couldn't delve into the more esoteric or adult themes of the book because it was meant to attract a young audience. It was rated G after all. Despite the lackluster screenplay and an unimpressive Alice, IMO, the film is worth seeing and enjoyable. The visuals are stunning and I really enjoyed Alice's clever wardrobe changes throughout. I'm a girl I like clothes, lol.

I remember when I was 6 (1987) Watching a movie in a hotel with my parents... it was alice in wonderland or through the looking glass... or something but to this day I am not sure which but the Jaberwocky scared the living crap out of me... had nightmares for weeks.

Eh, no point to this post just thought I would share.