Smoking When You Have A Cold

Even mint won't help. Just wait it out.

Its definitely going to delay your healing.

I've been fighting (and finally getting over) a chest cold, took a breather from all drinking and hookah for a week. I started smoking again two days ago, and still have a stupid cough with nasty phlegm in the morning.

Better to just let it runs its course.

Or just say "F IT! FOR THE LOOOOOVE OF TANGIERS!" (not eric, just the lovely tobacco biggrin.gif )

Edit: Mint TOBACCO isn't going to help, lolz.

If anything, use the good home remedy for sinuses: boiling hot water, peppermint oil, and a towel over your head and the pot...breath deep. Edited by redjako

Lemon Honey Ginseng Tea owns a sore throat.

I always say when I get sick that I will not be smoking. Then my friends show up and I tell them I will set the hookah up for them but will not be smoking. But if you put a hookah in front of Hojo, that motherfucker is going to smoke it. This happened last night and I ended up smoking more than all of my friends combined.

If you have a ticklish throat, use some throat spray to deaden things so you don't die a little when you inhale.

If you're used to smoking daily, you'll find it hard to not smoke for a while. I'd say just light up a pipe of whatever you like, smoke for a few minutes, then get rid of it. The point is to not obsess about it. By smoking for a few minutes, it'll be off your mind with minimal impact on your condition. If you smoke for longer, you're gonna really mess with your lungs and sinuses, it does NOT help whatsoever... in fact it will most likely make you sicker.

I'm dealing with some of the same issues. Actually, I did try smoking some Mint/lemon and put some peppermint oil in the vase with water.
( JUST A TINY BIT )

Cleared me right up. wink.gif

But to each his/her own.

• 1 month later...
QUOTE (redjako @ May 4 2009, 11:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Who is going to try smoking mint hookah with some hot asian chili oil, preferably of chinese ilk, as a guinea pig? :"D

I'm finally getting over mine, but my cough persists as I smoke my tangiers

have noticed that when I have a slightly sore throat continuing to smoke gets me a full blown cold

Or just eat shisha on a toast. That would guarantee that your cold will not get worst.

I saw a video of a guy online that said first time he saw shisha back home he though it was jam and he ate it with bread until someone told him this is used for smoking. I would post it here but it is in Arabic.

I find that smoking makes the cold last longer, and will likely result in a smokers hack, which lasts even longer. If I'm sick and still feel I want some tobacco, I'll take some snus, or nasal snuff.

If you are sick all around, I would skip the hookah, you will leave your germs behind and may cause you to get sick again later.

If it is just your sinuses stopped up, I would suggest smoking, but blow the smoke out of your nose rather than your mouth. The glycerine will extract moisture and make your nose run, clearing up your sinuses. Try it, its fun smile.gif

Edit: oops, I made the mistake of just skimming posts, didn't realize this is just a repeat of what others have said, my bad. Edited by delSol_si

I ignore colds totally. I refuse to take anything for them and the reason is simple. They actually go away much faster (on me at least) when I let my body do it's job and kill off the virus. I do drastically increase acidic food and drink (orange juice, lemonaid, grapefruit, tomatoes, etc.) because acidifying your body chemistry makes it inhospitable to virus infection meaning the virus can't replicate easily. End result is I'm completely over a cold in an average of 3-4 days. Never had one last even a full week since I stop treating the symptoms.

'Rani

QUOTE (Codeman1116 @ May 3 2009, 07:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've been fighting a persistent cough/chest cold for a week or two and smoking hasn't made it any worse, but certainly hasn't helped it at all.

Go to the health food store and buy LIQUID echinacea - has to be the liquid form to really work it's best. Personally Echinaguard works best for me but it's also the most expensive, over $30 for a small bottle. Take it according to the label - about 10 drops every couple hours. You're going to want to hide it in something like orange juice because it's the worst tasting stuff on earth unless you hide it. I tried it directly from the bottle in a hurry once and thought I was going to die - seriously. But it's pretty much guaranteed to clear up your chest in about 48 hours if you're diligent about taking it. It works directly in the lungs and has been known to even clear up antibiotic resistant bronchitis. Nobody ever believes me about it until they try it and suddenly they're completely on board and never use anything else ever again.

'Rani