Glass Hookah Stem

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i also have a few video's, but i want to put them all as one video, but i'm not sure how to make that happen. I am on a macbook, and my imovie doesnt work but i have a ton of adobe programs, so maybe one of those may work? If anyone can give me a hand on this that would be awesome!

Wow, very cool! Does the stem fit in the piece that goes into the vase very well? It looks unstable, but I could be totally wrong, hard to tell from pics and without feeling it. I am really curious how that purge works too...regardless, VERY cool! You have a estimated price in mind yet?

Edit: btw, what kinda of bowl is that? Regular? Phunnel? Crown?

Nope, its really stable. I measure it perfectly, so that when you put your rubber stopper on it fits in there correct. The purge you just remove the little stopper that is fit into the heart piece there and blow. When cleared you replace the little stopper. Its very simple and i think works well.

Prices next week.

QUOTE (delSol_si @ Jun 15 2009, 08:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Stuie @ Jun 15 2009, 11:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
man this is so frustrating...every time I see this thread pop up.... "HECK YEAH THEY ARE READY!"... then disappointment follows.

*sigh*

I have that feeling every time I wake up in the morning. "hey, I'm going to have a good day" "nope wait a second, ain't happening"

I was so feeling like this... and then I saw pics... and then I saw pics of smoking! And then, like a poster above, I had to go change my underwear. I can't wait until next week to hear about some pricing! I know what I'm gonna be saving up for! BOOYA!

-Z

QUOTE (Stuie @ Jul 24 2009, 04:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
...... i need new pants.....

AWESOME!

ya...this sums it up for me http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pXfHLUlZf4

If its cost efficient, I might be joining the mob on your first order of these. I have 5 hookahs atm, but a solid glass one would def. be worth the taking up of space

Beautiful. Making me rethink my stance on the impracticality of a glass hookah.

QUOTE (sportsfan6216 @ Jul 24 2009, 04:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Its a great thing that pants are optional when on HF..... otherwise i'd be in the same boat as stuie and have to change them...... These look AWESOME!

haha classic!

the way the stem fills with smoke.... so freakin sexy! blum1.gif

Amazing. Not to nitpick, but any glass trays in the works for it? Really love the looks of it though. How does it smoke, compared to the original Mya stem, or a KM?

Wow, I'm still in classes right now but when I'm done, before next semester starts, I would love to make a trip up there to see you make one of these, maybe even watch you make one for me :-D I love the new look and it looks like a beautiful design.

yes about those glass trays!! i cant stand the metal, and i think i just figured out a way to make em out of glass. They need to be made out of the borosilicate glass im using for the rest of the hookah because it needs to stand up to the heat. When i get back in the shop on monday im going to try this new idea out for the tray. i think it'll work just fine.

and FSU - yea just let me know. as i said anyone is welcome to come by and ill show you how i make one of these its a pretty cool process!

and jeff, not to toot my own horn but i really think it smokes better than any hookah i've ever smoked. its just so clean, and always stays that way. The glass is 100% non porous, so it will never take on any flavor at all. For example i smoked AF pipe in it the other day and after just a rinse in the sink it was completely back to normal. No hint of the flavor at all! And i believe as long as you dont break it the hookah will last you forever because it will never take on any residue, And if it ever does you can just get some rubbing alcohol and sea salt and it will become brand spanking new again.

thanks Jake

QUOTE (poncho @ Jul 24 2009, 03:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nope, its really stable. I measure it perfectly, so that when you put your rubber stopper on it fits in there correct. The purge you just remove the little stopper that is fit into the heart piece there and blow. When cleared you replace the little stopper. Its very simple and i think works well.

Prices next week.

I would not have even questioned you on that. Anyone with the skills to make that has the skill to do it right. Absolutely amazing functional art at it's finest my friend.

poncho, idea on the glass tray....I have never blown glass before so I have no idea what it takes or anything, but if possible, might you try just blowing a bubble, and then once it dries cut in in half, and get two trays out of one bubble?

Another idea WAY in the future is maybe making an ice bucket for it? not because it would be that functional, more because it would look awesome smile.gif