Glass Hookah Stem

hey yes, i'm very close, i have a prodotype i made that i've been testing out and it works amazing although i forgot to put a purge valve on it! Ive been out of town this week but once i get back, i should have a few ready in the near future. once i get my next prodotype made, (hopefully later this week) i'll make a little youtube video so everyone can check it out. thanks for checking in, I'm sorry this is taking so long, it's a process i want to have figured out 100% before i let any go. I want to make sure that my product is the best it can be. Thank you all so much,

Jake

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (poncho @ May 26 2009, 09:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hey yes, i'm very close, i have a prodotype i made that i've been testing out and it works amazing although i forgot to put a purge valve on it! Ive been out of town this week but once i get back, i should have a few ready in the near future. once i get my next prodotype made, (hopefully later this week) i'll make a little youtube video so everyone can check it out. thanks for checking in, I'm sorry this is taking so long, it's a process i want to have figured out 100% before i let any go. I want to make sure that my product is the best it can be. Thank you all so much,

Jake

Awesome. I want one. So bad.

QUOTE (lowspeedchase @ May 26 2009, 10:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (poncho @ May 26 2009, 09:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Jake

Awesome. I want one. So bad.

Ditto

this is like waiting for effin Christmas!!!! I want one so damn bad it aint funny.
I hope you master a production system Ponch because time equals money.
I wish I knew more about the inner workings of glass processes. I've seen just enough to confuse me sad.gif

hey scalli, sorry for the wait but i promise its going to be well worth it! I've improved my design thats why they are taking so long. AS i mentioned before i am now using a Glass on Glass joint system (scientific lab glass parts which are completely air tight and water tight) that allows the hookah owner to easily take apart the downstem, the heart piece, and the stem, making for very easy cleaning. Im also now makng them with a female glass on glass joint to put your hose in. This is going to allow me to make glass on glass hoses, (make the wood parts glass) eliminating rubber fittings for the hoses. But dont worry, you can use your existing hoses with the rubber grommet, they fit pefectly inside of the joint! The glass on glass system will also allow the user to buy a extender stem piece, which haven't made any of yet but i will that has a male and female joint on it. This will allow you to be able to stack these extender pieces on top of your stem that will come with the hookah, allowing it to be taller. This system will allow you to make the hookah as tall as you want depending on how many pieces you buy. You could make your hookah 20 feet tall if you want to by stacking the extenders. The glass on glass joints are strong and stable and the fit is so perfect there is no play or wobble in them. Also, i will be making the stems with a male joint for the top where the bowl sits. This will allow you to use your existing clay or glass bowl with a rubber stopper that will fit perfectly. But it will also allow you to purchase a glass on glass hookah bowl from me which will have a female joint on it that will fit perfectly onto of the male joint on the stem.

I purchase these joints pre ground from a high end supplier, UST glass, and they are a royal pain to attach. So i've been figuring out the best way to attach them and thats why its taking so long. I've finally figured it out so i just need to make a few more tests pieces to get my technique down.

cxc5120 - right now i am trying to keep with a traditional hookah style look. I see in the future making all kinds of shapes but right now i'm going to be sticking with the traditional inspired forms. I will also be making bottom vases starting around September.

keep the questions coming, and i'll try to take some pictures or maybe a short video of the prodotype i'm currently testing out. (which works amazing by the way)

thanks everyone!

I've checked this thread off and on, and for a long time I was worried poncho had gone away and we'd never hear back. I'm totally stoked to see he's still on the work! And Scalli, speaking of waiting for a christmas present, how are things with the herbal shisha? Is that ever gonna happen or should I cancel my pre-order? I left it there JIC wink.gif

-Z

QUOTE (Zyram @ May 27 2009, 04:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've checked this thread off and on, and for a long time I was worried poncho had gone away and we'd never hear back. I'm totally stoked to see he's still on the work! And Scalli, speaking of waiting for a christmas present, how are things with the herbal shisha? Is that ever gonna happen or should I cancel my pre-order? I left it there JIC wink.gif

-Z

Dang Z I can't believe you did that ohmy.gif The only thing I have that is stable is chocomint. It was not supposed to taste like chocolate, but it did. Anyone that would like the taste of smoke that tastes as much like chocolate and mint as any I could imagine would love ths shit. Unfortunately I don't like smoke that tastes like chocolate. sad.gif

I just wanna find out what a guy has to do to get to the front of the line on Poncho's train here? smile.gif

• 2 weeks later...
I am going to buy a plane ticket and break into your shop and take me one tongue.gif

Man, I have always thought about smoking from a glass hookah but all I know about glass is that it breaks and cuts your foot and we drink water from glass cups. smile.gif

I WANT ONE NOW..

Why are you so greedy with picture?

To make one that fits in my KM base do you need the measurement for that?

sorry about the pictures i have been out of town and haven't gotten around to taking them, currently i only have my older version that is not saleable so i wanted to wait until i made my new version with everything it needs to have the way i want to sell it. I'm going to be out of town for three weeks then as soon as i get back i'm going into full production of these. But by next week i will have pictures of the final design and smoking pictures, maybe a short video on how to the whole thing works.

thanks

jake

QUOTE (poncho @ Jun 13 2009, 03:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
sorry about the pictures i have been out of town and haven't gotten around to taking them, currently i only have my older version that is not saleable so i wanted to wait until i made my new version with everything it needs to have the way i want to sell it. I'm going to be out of town for three weeks then as soon as i get back i'm going into full production of these. But by next week i will have pictures of the final design and smoking pictures, maybe a short video on how to the whole thing works.

thanks

jake

Lurker...

hehehe.. I was just joking with you, but the pictures I have seen already look sweet. As someone else put it, I came in my pants.

I cannot wait to get one. Can you put a personalized little word on it something like "Gunsboy" tongue.gif?

man this is so frustrating...every time I see this thread pop up.... "HECK YEAH THEY ARE READY!"... then disappointment follows.

*sigh*

QUOTE (Stuie @ Jun 15 2009, 11:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
man this is so frustrating...every time I see this thread pop up.... "HECK YEAH THEY ARE READY!"... then disappointment follows.

*sigh*

I have that feeling every time I wake up in the morning. "hey, I'm going to have a good day" "nope wait a second, ain't happening"

• 1 month later...
QUOTE (FSUReligionMan @ Jul 24 2009, 12:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Any word on these stems?

I'm sure poncho will chirp in at some point but i remember seeing him in chat the other day and he's waiting till he gets back to school to get all the bugs worked out of them before sales start...... that is from what i remember. So i would guess (and please someone correct me if i'm wrong) we're looking at late august to mid september before we have a shot at seeing them (and that's just based off of when most schools start)

Hey I didn't want to bring this thread up again, until I was ready but i have some great news. I've been in the studio for the last week working really hard on getting these things going. I have worked out all the kinks, i believe. You will be seeing them sooner than what you were guessing, because i dont need school to get the stems. Just the vases. MY current design allows you to fit my stem in your vase. I figured out the purge and did a test smoke on my final design last night. I will post pictures once i go pick it up from my buddy's house if you'd all like. There's a few more things I would like to have done before i sell but i am looking at thinking about starting orders next week. I'm going to come up with a few designs to choose from. I am taking the weekend off, because my GF's coming into town, but Monday im back in the studio.

I'm really close guys. I'm just trying to make the best designed and thought out product for you. I want you to have a glass hookah that you can treat like a hookah and not have to treat it like a piece of glass.

Any questions feel free to send me a message and if anyone is in the Cleveland area and wants to hang out and see how one of these is made please feel free to come by. Just let me know.

Jake

QUOTE (sportsfan6216 @ Jul 24 2009, 03:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (FSUReligionMan @ Jul 24 2009, 12:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Any word on these stems?

I'm sure poncho will chirp in at some point but i remember seeing him in chat the other day and he's waiting till he gets back to school to get all the bugs worked out of them before sales start...... that is from what i remember. So i would guess (and please someone correct me if i'm wrong) we're looking at late august to mid september before we have a shot at seeing them (and that's just based off of when most schools start)