Glass Hookah Stem

QUOTE (r1v3th3ad @ Mar 11 2009, 12:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I came again once I saw the new stem

any ballpark guesstamates on when production will be up or rough idea of price?

o, I would recommend against glass ashtrays...I've blown up super thick ashtrays with coals before...just a thought

yeah definatly dont do class ashtrays or there will be explosions..though i guess if glass bowls work theres probably a way to get ash trays to work...but it would stain easily...but it would look so cool...

dammit i want an all glass hookah!

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is a beautiful Hookah. Hey question tho: will these pieces be dishwasher safe? that would make cleaning a breeze! If not o well.

yes dishwasher safe, they are made of borosilicate glass, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Borosilicate_glass - theres some info about it

QUOTE (srawas89 @ Mar 11 2009, 06:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That is a beautiful Hookah. Hey question tho: will these pieces be dishwasher safe? that would make cleaning a breeze! If not o well.

yea i've been making them to fit standard size ashtrays, i've been using the mya one that came on my hookah with it

QUOTE (K1024 @ Mar 11 2009, 06:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

o, I would recommend against glass ashtrays...I've blown up super thick ashtrays with coals before...just a thought

yeah definatly dont do class ashtrays or there will be explosions..though i guess if glass bowls work theres probably a way to get ash trays to work...but it would stain easily...but it would look so cool...

QUOTE (K1024 @ Mar 11 2009, 03:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Borsilicate glass trays should be able to handle the heat, shouldn't they? I mean that sort of stuff handles 500+ degrees in the oven and higher temps when used in labs.

QUOTE (poncho @ Mar 11 2009, 08:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i would say inbetween the $120 and $220 range, totally ballpark though, haven't figured out cost of production, since i'm not in production mode

I can relate. Until you get the system down for build time and materials, consumables, etc. that is the last thing on your mind. Get the prototypes down and we'll eagerly await pricing dowm the road

Holy crap. See what happens when I take a break from things and focus on my life? I miss amazing stuff.

I don't know how the mass hookah market would respond to these but I think you have a gold mine in the diehard fan base of this forum and others.

So you think you'll sell them exclusively through your own site or get some other well known sites to do the dirty work? Just curious.

I wish I had more to add but all I can say is you are one talented sonofabitch and welcome to the forum.

Awesome to see people contributing in such a cool way to the betterment of the hookah experience in general. Thanks dude.

thank you and welcome back to the forum

QUOTE (giant ninja robot @ Mar 12 2009, 03:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Holy crap. See what happens when I take a break from things and focus on my life? I miss amazing stuff.

I don't know how the mass hookah market would respond to these but I think you have a gold mine in the diehard fan base of this forum and others.

So you think you'll sell them exclusively through your own site or get some other well known sites to do the dirty work? Just curious.

I wish I had more to add but all I can say is you are one talented sonofabitch and welcome to the forum.

Awesome to see people contributing in such a cool way to the betterment of the hookah experience in general. Thanks dude.

• 2 weeks later...
Jake,

Question for you on the diffusers you make. My hookah has a hexagon shaped nut on the end of the downstem. When I had purchased a heba diffuser a long time ago, I had to get the diffuser hot to get it over the nut, then it was ok.

So, my question for you is, since the nut is bigger than the stem, how does your glass diffuser fit over it? Is there a grommet or something to make sure its air tight? Edited by Barnaby

I couldn't justify buying something so fragile for so much. Not that the price isn't fair.

It would be great to get a glass diffuser though, the Heba ones start to discolor after so much water contact.

If its a thick glass, and the same stuff as pyrex, it could stand a falling over and probably live to tell the tale. I've dropped pryex glassware, and not have it break before.

Maybe a padded hookah mat would be a good investment with one of these..

• 1 month later...
I thought I would dredge this back up. Is anybody in contact with Poncho and know if he's doing anything with these still? I know a bunch of us were really wound up over this. I hope he pops in and gives us really good news.

QUOTE (Barnaby @ Mar 26 2009, 09:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Jake,

Question for you on the diffusers you make. My hookah has a hexagon shaped nut on the end of the downstem. When I had purchased a heba diffuser a long time ago, I had to get the diffuser hot to get it over the nut, then it was ok.

So, my question for you is, since the nut is bigger than the stem, how does your glass diffuser fit over it? Is there a grommet or something to make sure its air tight?

it's a diffuser, even if it's not pefectly airtight it'll still work just as well

hey everyone, haven't checked here in a while, sorry about that been really busy with the end of the semester but that's also good news because end of school means time for me to make hookah's!

so very soon i should have the first set ready to go!

thanks for waiting, i'm working hard to make sure they are perfect before i sell any!

as for that diffuser question, i have to think about it but maybe there is a way to get the glass to be the shape of that nut, or could just make it larger and slide a rubber grommet ontop of the nut and then the diffuser ontop of that, not sure what the best route for that is, but i'll give it some thought.

I plan on being able to make a lot of these this summer, so just give me a little more time to fix the few remaining kinks, and we'll have some really sweet glass hookah's really soon!

Hopefully in 2 weeks at the latest i'll be able to have some for sale!

Any questions please shoot me an email at ponchojake@gmail.com or give me a call at 732 221 3967.

Thanks

Jake

QUOTE (poncho @ May 9 2009, 12:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hey everyone, haven't checked here in a while, sorry about that been really busy with the end of the semester but that's also good news because end of school means time for me to make hookah's!

so very soon i should have the first set ready to go!

thanks for waiting, i'm working hard to make sure they are perfect before i sell any!

as for that diffuser question, i have to think about it but maybe there is a way to get the glass to be the shape of that nut, or could just make it larger and slide a rubber grommet ontop of the nut and then the diffuser ontop of that, not sure what the best route for that is, but i'll give it some thought.

I plan on being able to make a lot of these this summer, so just give me a little more time to fix the few remaining kinks, and we'll have some really sweet glass hookah's really soon!

Hopefully in 2 weeks at the latest i'll be able to have some for sale!

Any questions please shoot me an email at ponchojake@gmail.com or give me a call at 732 221 3967.

Thanks

Jake

Looking forward to it sir !!

I forgot all about this! Cool that we'll soon see some on the market, congrata ahead of time to those who buy them smile.gif

• 3 weeks later...