Fake Three Kings Charcoal! Anyone Seen These?

Hello Everyone,

I was scoping the market and checking out whats new when I saw these (picture attached, off of Internet). The box was soft and it said Three King instead of Three Kings. Unlike the Three Kings which I am used to seeing, These came in a roll that wasn't rolled, but sealed from both ends, make sense? I was told that they are the new Three Kings @@@!!!!!???? Dunno, looks fishy to me. I have seen indirect copycats like Three Crowns, etc., but not a direct copycat like this one. Anyone else seen or tried?

Wishing everyone a Happy Labor Day Weekend, including those of us that are pre-emplyed and enjoy smoking hookah and thinking about going fishing. That would actually be kool, fishing and smoking hookah.

QUOTE (chinamon @ Aug 31 2008, 10:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
the foil packaging is very different so i dont think it can be called a "direct copycat"?
the guy that sold me the box of 3kings last week even opened the box to show me inside. now i know why.

I didnt want to say fake or counterfeit, so I thought direct copycat would sound milder. I knew they wre fakes the minute I saw them, just by looking at the box, but, with everyone making things lighter to reduce product packaging weight, I thought maybe, then I was sure they were fakes. I wanted people to be able to see this thread so they dont get ripped off by someone selling the fakes.

could also have been a bad batch from the factory...hypothetically speaking...they could have had a batch of boxes that went into the printer misprinted as well as bad batch of packaging, to recoop the loss, they put them out anyway to vendors in poor packaging...

There have been bunches of counterfeits, test a few and compare, let us know whats up

o ya, hows the business coming? are you in stores yet? I would love to order some hookahups

These are for sure Counterfits. I can`t say the nendors name but he broke this story 6 months ago a Blue can Hookah tobacco dealer was selling them at his booth from what the vendor said. I believe there is more in www.hookahstop.com about them.

They are Rollands and not a good copy either. From what i heard just as bad as the Rollands that they are in reality.

• 1 year later...
[quote name='HookahUps' date='30 August 2008 - 10:43 PM' timestamp='1220164997' post='289846']
Hello Everyone,

I was scoping the market and checking out whats new when I saw these (picture attached, off of Internet). The box was soft and it said Three King instead of Three Kings. Unlike the Three Kings which I am used to seeing, These came in a roll that wasn't rolled, but sealed from both ends, make sense? I was told that they are the new Three Kings @@@!!!!!???? Dunno, looks fishy to me. I have seen indirect copycats like Three Crowns, etc., but not a direct copycat like this one. Anyone else seen or tried?

Wishing everyone a Happy Labor Day Weekend, including those of us that are pre-emplyed and enjoy smoking hookah and thinking about going fishing. That would actually be kool, fishing and smoking hookah.
[/quote]

Within the last few months in Southern California, 80% of the Three Kings Charcoal is counterfeit. I make the store open the box and try to "educate" them, but they could care less. The counterfeit burn differently, stink likie crazy when burning at first and don't burn as hot. Very frustrating trying to find legit Three Kings Charcoal lately.

Holy Resurrection Thread!!!!

That sucks about the counterfeit 3 Kings. It happens a lot, because a lot of vendors don't care and the consumers don't know.

If you switch to Coconut Coals, there's no worry. No Counterfeits that I have seen.

[quote name='INCUBUSRATM' date='05 January 2010 - 03:00 PM' timestamp='1262660404' post='443255']
Lol, it's always the noobs that bring back the threads from the dead...

Why are 3K's imitated so much? Not like they're that great of a coal... I'm waiting to see some Coconara imitations...
[/quote]

Isn't that basically what AF Coconut coals are? :P

[quote name='3lemental' date='06 January 2010 - 08:07 AM' timestamp='1262786877' post='443502']
[quote name='INCUBUSRATM' date='05 January 2010 - 03:00 PM' timestamp='1262660404' post='443255']

Why are 3K's imitated so much? Not like they're that great of a coal... I'm waiting to see some Coconara imitations...
[/quote]

[/quote]

nope. my cousin just got ack from lebanon and said that there are coco rip offs everywhere. they tried printed the boxes to look the exact same but apparently the tints and color saturation are a little off and that's the only way to tell by looking at them - he said they smoke horribly as well...

[quote name='3lemental' date='06 January 2010 - 04:07 AM' timestamp='1262786877' post='443502']

[/quote]

[/quote]

don't knock my AF's...they make decent coals!

[quote name='INCUBUSRATM' date='04 January 2010 - 10:00 PM' timestamp='1262660404' post='443255']

[/quote]

3Kings aren't that bad. Pretty quick to light and as they don't lat long, they're not too bad for a nice short session

On the newer boxes of 3 kings they have a website that depicts the differences between real 3 kings, and fake 3 kings. It turns out that the fake 3 kings available around me, are just as good as the real 3 kings that I can get online...

[quote name='newjacksm' date='06 January 2010 - 03:28 PM' timestamp='1262816924' post='443598']
[url="http://www.amazon.com/Three-Kings-Lighting-Incense-Charcoal/dp/B000VV08UA"]http://www.amazon.co...l/dp/B000VV08UA[/url]

those are the ones i have, these fake?
[/quote]

nope those be real.

[quote name='3lemental' date='06 January 2010 - 07:07 AM' timestamp='1262786877' post='443502']

[/quote]

[/quote]

Not at all. AF is not trying to use another brands product to sell thiers. there coconut coals are very good IMO.

[quote name='K1024' date='06 January 2010 - 04:16 PM' timestamp='1262816161' post='443594']
On the newer boxes of 3 kings they have a website that depicts the differences between real 3 kings, and fake 3 kings. It turns out that the fake 3 kings available around me, are just as good as the real 3 kings that I can get online...
[/quote]

Anyone Got this Link, post it please.

[quote name='Stuie' date='06 January 2010 - 06:21 PM' timestamp='1262823681' post='443629']
[quote name='K1024' date='06 January 2010 - 04:16 PM' timestamp='1262816161' post='443594']
[/quote]

Anyone Got this Link, post it please.
[/quote]

The website is as follows:
[url="http://www.threekingsproducts.com/"]http://www.threekingsproducts.com/[/url]
I dont agree with how they are describing the fakes because as some of you may know, all of the Three Kings used to have black writing on it. When the fakes came along, especially the really good copies, they used the same writing on the rolls, in black colored writing. So, I assume the real and original Three Kings changed the coloring of the new batches to red colred writings on the roll. The thing is, they use the 40mm as an example and compare it to the 33mm fakes. However, they dont speciofy if that new colored writing applies to the 33mm, or only the 40mm. I have seen original Three Kings with both black and red colored writing, and the 40mm in red only. However, I assume its only a matter of time before the fakes catch up. I have seen the really good fakes. If you have used Three kings, you can tell right away by noticing the touch of the foil,, the way it is rolled as in sloppy and loose, and not tightly and nicely packed. Many distributors I know are no longer carrying Three Kings, not because they are afraid of getting fakes, but because there is so much out there that is fake, they are afraid of holding onto the inventory longer than expected as people may not buy it cause of the overwhelming number of counterfits out there, so, the customers are avoiding it all togather and buying something else, so, the wholesalers and distributors have to hold onto it for a longer time, and in this weather, there are always costs of storage and sitting on inventory. I personally am switching to the Holland Miraculums sold by SouthSmoke, and the AF 33mm, or the Starbuzz rolls. I know what I get and get what I pay for. Also, many new charcoals now have European or Holland or Dutch names, but, they are not made in China, but the PRC. Same thing, but hoping People wont pick up on the abreviation.

[quote name='Jacob Shock' date='06 January 2010 - 05:41 PM' timestamp='1262821275' post='443618']
Oh well. a shitty knock off of shitty coals. they will be sold by shitty vendors because it saves them money, and like stuie said there customers will never know.
[/quote]

I disagree, customers get burnt once by a rip off retailer or one that doesnot know, they wont go back and avooid all togather. I have seen it happen so many times. So what the good and knowledgable retailers are doing, they are charging the same, if not a tad more, and saying, you want the real stuff, I got it. You want to take your chances with what you are getting and be ripped off, there are others for that.

[quote name='HookahUps' date='06 January 2010 - 06:40 PM' timestamp='1262832000' post='443665']
[quote name='Jacob Shock' date='06 January 2010 - 05:41 PM' timestamp='1262821275' post='443618']
Oh well. a shitty knock off of shitty coals. they will be sold by shitty vendors because it saves them money, and like stuie said there customers will never know.
[/quote]

I disagree, customers get burnt once by a rip off retailer or one that doesnot know, they wont go back and avooid all togather. I have seen it happen so many times. So what the good and knowledgable retailers are doing, they are charging the same, if not a tad more, and saying, you want the real stuff, I got it. You want to take your chances with what you are getting and be ripped off, there are others for that.
[/quote]

sadly i liked te counterfeit coals i can get around here better. i never get any taste from them, but actual 3 kings have a weird flavor..

[quote name='K1024' date='07 January 2010 - 01:05 AM' timestamp='1262847925' post='443712']
[quote name='HookahUps' date='06 January 2010 - 06:40 PM' timestamp='1262832000' post='443665']
[/quote]

[/quote]

sadly i liked te counterfeit coals i can get around here better. i never get any taste from them, but actual 3 kings have a weird flavor..
[/quote]

Were those the ones that came in an airtight shinny wrapper with no writing? Those were actually not bad. They weren't Three Kings, but they were boxed in a flimsy Three Kings boc that looked like it was done at the local printers or on a commercial Xerox. You could see the shawoding from the copying. The newer fake Three Kings come in wrapper that is rolled. Many people think it is a bad batch, not the case, stale batch, probable and possible, but wrapper waseither no attached, or crooked, or glued sideways. Not perfect like the Three Kings. In production, you can have a bad batch or labelling and wrapping that is off, but highly unlikely to have both at the same time.

[quote name='HookahUps' date='06 January 2010 - 11:13 PM' timestamp='1262848404' post='443715']
[quote name='K1024' date='07 January 2010 - 01:05 AM' timestamp='1262847925' post='443712']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Were those the ones that came in an airtight shinny wrapper with no writing? Those were actually not bad. They weren't Three Kings, but they were boxed in a flimsy Three Kings boc that looked like it was done at the local printers or on a commercial Xerox. You could see the shawoding from the copying. The newer fake Three Kings come in wrapper that is rolled. Many people think it is a bad batch, not the case, stale batch, probable and possible, but wrapper waseither no attached, or crooked, or glued sideways. Not perfect like the Three Kings. In production, you can have a bad batch or labelling and wrapping that is off, but highly unlikely to have both at the same time.
[/quote]

it looks just like the one they list as counterfeit on their website