Hookahups/camal/jewels?

Theres a local cigar store here in Colorado that has started to carry hookahs and shisha, so I stopped in to see what they had. Imagine my surprise when I saw this:

that's the exact same packaging as kamal, right? Sorry for the shitty pic. It was on my phone and the lights were off b/c it was 5 minutes to close.

Anyone else seen Jewels around? I'll have to pick some up and see if it's the same. Edited by garykainz

Bwahahaha Kamal Changed to Jewels? Kamal was never a great name to begin with, and I made that very clear in my review that I sent back to them when we got the samples. They just changed names and put it on the market.

QUOTE (NickReppinThe909 @ Aug 11 2008, 05:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
why would i want to smoke something called jewels ??? same thing with zona i would be fine smoking something called kamal or zona but "epic" and "jewels" i wont be buying either one

Nick I couldn't agree more!

Kamal wasn't that bad. I still use the samples that I have from time to time as a mixer.

QUOTE (Codename067 @ Aug 11 2008, 04:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bwahahaha Kamal Changed to Jewels? Kamal was never a great name to begin with, and I made that very clear in my review that I sent back to them when we got the samples. They just changed names and put it on the market.

lol.. Funny they changed Kamal.. I thought that stuff tasted like flavored cigars... Not a fan

HookahUps.com and Shisha.com are in no way what-so-ever affiliated or a part of Kamal or Jewels.

Last time I was out scoping the market and the players, I saw a brand called Jawaher that comes in a round tin. Jawaher is Arabic for Jewels! Wonder if they are related or affiliated, or just another shisha player "copycating" and trying to agitate and intimidate and capitalize on someone else's work? One would imagine with so much resources and creativity involved, or lack of, the talents of certain players would be focused on new and aspiring products and names to raise the standards, not lower it!

In the 12 years that I have been a behind the scenes player in the shisha and hookah market, I gotta bow and hats off to the classic players like Starbuzz, Al-Fakher, Al Amir, Layalina, Fantasia, Tanjiers, Hookah Hookah, etc. Sorry if I didnt mention the others. No lack of recognition intended. They keep progressing and changing according to the market based on creativity and competition.

My two cents.