Important Message

are we talking about plenty of businesses, or hookah vendors? because all the ones I've known have been genuine people. Esp the ones on here.

I realize a lot of businesses are like that, it's a shame you can't stick to the subject.

"know where to go"

? you mean like, the vendors sites.

Is there a "collection" more encompassing than hookahfourm? No. But you can get all the information avaliable here (when it comes to vendor products, information, and discounts)

those sites do give vendor information and discounts. Think before you post.

I understand that not wanting to participating might no compromise their integrity. However, it was something they agreed to when they signed up, if they didn't like it, they could have left. Have you not read anything?

Being flaky (aka ignoring a premade agreement) Does however compromise the integrity of the business.

You keep taking things I said and deriving undue connotations from them. I don't get your deal unless you're just bored.

No if a rule is unfair it should be challenged, but it's not, which is what I've proven even after dredging through all of your passive aggressive comments and your off topic babble.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (cymptom @ May 22 2008, 09:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sorry liquid, but I don't understand the point in post #71. Are you saying that there is no difference between vendors and consumers? wacko.gif

Lol no there is a difference, however, they're much more similar to consumers than you're giving credit for. You're acting like they are an entirely different race IMO

QUOTE (Scoop @ May 22 2008, 09:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
liquid, can you try to respond to cymptom without resorting to strawman arguments?

No disrespect here scoop, but my arguements have been based on forum rules and previous posts by the admin describing the situation.
Which isn't a strawman arguement, look it up.

as far as the "passive aggressive comment" if that's what you're trying to refer to, it was a correct observation.

okay, heres my $.02
hookahlife CHOSE to leave
hookahlife THOUGHT they could make themselves a martyr , good idea, but they got called out on it
hookahlife knew the RULES, we have to stick by them, or find another forum
hookahlife is GONE
so, to quote my grandmother.....
quitcherbitchin!

QUOTE (mushrat @ May 22 2008, 06:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Bulldog_916 @ May 22 2008, 02:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This forum is always going to be free advertising even if the vendors themselves arent on here. They are called reviews and fanboys. Every time someone posts a stunning review of Neal, MNH, HS, Nazar, whatever, in the general discussion board, that is free advertising. When people ask "where should I go to get A, B and C??" someone is going to give up some free advertising by even responding to the question. I've already voiced that I dont particularly like the brand of discipline being shown here. But whatever. 90% of us know who the good and the bad in vendors are.

Ah..but the difference when YOU say buy from X and when X says buy from us is that YOU are participating in the general discussion, which is the idea in the fiorst place, people talking about their own personal experiences. AND incase you missed it, likely because we jump on it fairly quickly, companies that push their wares all over the other parts of the forum soon get in trouble too...as with 2 of our favrite banned and censored sites.

And you STILL are missing the bloody point and *I* am getting tired of repeating it for some of you stuck on the wrong thing. To have posted here in the first place the VENDORS agreed to a certain set of rules. Read my messege a few up for a full rant. The issue here is not the fairness of the rules, just that they agreed to follow them when they posted. Clear and simple.

Does anyoen who is actually getting the point here have anything new to add?

I know mush, I know how to read. I realize they agreed to a set of rules. Doesnt mean I have to agree that the right action has been taken. By law our government can spy on us if we make international phone calls. Law doesnt mean right. Simply my opinion. Wont change anything. So, on my end, its dropped.

QUOTE (Bulldog_916 @ May 23 2008, 12:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (mushrat @ May 22 2008, 06:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Bulldog_916 @ May 22 2008, 02:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This forum is always going to be free advertising even if the vendors themselves arent on here. They are called reviews and fanboys. Every time someone posts a stunning review of Neal, MNH, HS, Nazar, whatever, in the general discussion board, that is free advertising. When people ask "where should I go to get A, B and C??" someone is going to give up some free advertising by even responding to the question. I've already voiced that I dont particularly like the brand of discipline being shown here. But whatever. 90% of us know who the good and the bad in vendors are.

Ah..but the difference when YOU say buy from X and when X says buy from us is that YOU are participating in the general discussion, which is the idea in the fiorst place, people talking about their own personal experiences. AND incase you missed it, likely because we jump on it fairly quickly, companies that push their wares all over the other parts of the forum soon get in trouble too...as with 2 of our favrite banned and censored sites.

And you STILL are missing the bloody point and *I* am getting tired of repeating it for some of you stuck on the wrong thing. To have posted here in the first place the VENDORS agreed to a certain set of rules. Read my messege a few up for a full rant. The issue here is not the fairness of the rules, just that they agreed to follow them when they posted. Clear and simple.

Does anyoen who is actually getting the point here have anything new to add?

I know mush, I know how to read. I realize they agreed to a set of rules. Doesnt mean I have to agree that the right action has been taken. By law our government can spy on us if we make international phone calls. Law doesnt mean right. Simply my opinion. Wont change anything. So, on my end, its dropped.

So, what action should we take when people break the rules?

wow chrome

would that make them bleed to death? I know erections is just a bloodflow down low, so then without the lil' bugger there, itd be the fountain of life

QUOTE (r1v3th3ad @ May 23 2008, 02:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
wow chrome

would that make them bleed to death? I know erections is just a bloodflow down low, so then without the lil' bugger there, itd be the fountain of life

No its torture...
It may make them bleed but imagine being at a strip club and not being able to use it...
imagine getting a lap dance and not being able to feel it...
etc etc

QUOTE (mushrat @ May 23 2008, 04:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

that thing where they squirt water up your butt...an enema? i think colonics.. but with gasoline/absinthe.. then make them lie on hot ROLLAND ql coals Edited by mathuv

I as most if not all already know we are a vendor. We have not been overly active lately because we have been slammed big time. On the other hand when we are not busy we try and pop in. Call it spamming cool. I get a chance to spam the boards? Way cool. Or look at it the way they want you to look at it dude. Vendors if and I mean if they know what they are doing can be some of the best people to have posting. We can tell people when their hookah sucks why. Is it because its chinese crap or did they get a cheap chinese hookah that can be amazing if you do this and that?!

Kings lets us post on here out of professional curtesy. They do not have to let a single vendor on here. When they were having server bandwidth issues I tracked them down. called them and offered to pay for more. Why did I do this because it was the right thing to do. they were shocked since I seemed to be the only vendor offering to pony up some cash for them. Did they need the money? No and did not take it but atleast i was thankful enough to have a place where we can interact with the customers.

I don`t agree with letting kids on your account 1 wrong flaming and they could ruin you. But if you just post 5-10 Items every few days I am sure the staff here would appreciate it as much as the buyers since they see you as active. Also they will know you know you know what you are doing as well as think wow they took a little time to just say Hi and see whats up.

I use HF and other forums to see what the customer is thinking I have been slammed lately but decided to get my butt on here and let people know I am still alive.

Don`t die on this forum dude make a few honest post and say Hi to a few customers. I hope you are still around to read this.

QUOTE (mushrat @ May 20 2008, 06:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Once again, an attack on the forum from a vendor not following through with what they agreed to do when we allowed them to post as a vendor on the site. The rules are quite clear and easy to follow, as is evident from the numnerous vendors who DO take the time to participate. Several other absentee vendors have received the same notice, this is just the way it works. So if you want to play the victim because you folks don't want to follow some simple requirements, don't blame it on us.

What should we do if they break the rules? Well, punish them obviously. I'm not saying the action taken is the problem. The rule is the problem. Vendors should be able to remain active 3 months, or 90 days. I think 90 days is a fair amount of time. If nothing has been seen of them for 90 days, then yes it should be an option to deactivate their account until they PM you saying they have announcements or they will be more active from here on out. I just think bringing the nuclear option to the table every two weeks is a bit on the forceful side. You're basically saying "participate on the forums as much as we want you to, or we will ban you." There's just no room for things to come up in there. Business plans can change, shit happens, people get caught up in life. Let's have sensible rules instead of rules by force. You have my opinion, you know my opinion. I think I have a solid majority who agree with me. But, as I said before, nothing is changing.

QUOTE (Scoop @ May 23 2008, 12:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (mushrat @ May 23 2008, 07:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

torture, obviously.

we should smoke a bowl of tangiers melon blend and not let them hit it the whole time biggrin.gif that or send them to rynos dungeon which he claims is a friends basement wink.gif

QUOTE (Bulldog_916 @ May 24 2008, 02:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What should we do if they break the rules? Well, punish them obviously. I'm not saying the action taken is the problem. The rule is the problem. Vendors should be able to remain active 3 months, or 90 days. I think 90 days is a fair amount of time. If nothing has been seen of them for 90 days, then yes it should be an option to deactivate their account until they PM you saying they have announcements or they will be more active from here on out. I just think bringing the nuclear option to the table every two weeks is a bit on the forceful side. You're basically saying "participate on the forums as much as we want you to, or we will ban you." There's just no room for things to come up in there. Business plans can change, shit happens, people get caught up in life. Let's have sensible rules instead of rules by force. You have my opinion, you know my opinion. I think I have a solid majority who agree with me. But, as I said before, nothing is changing.

Hate to burst the bubble. HL was over 90 days. they and everyone else got a nice direct letter. As I have stated before, some answered they would step it up, some never answered, and some wrote a netter. At no point did I specify a number of posts in a given time period and I have copies of every thing I've sent. So one less conspiracy theory. How about I been a tad busy and some of the letters were more over due than others, but they are getting them and well, thats the way it goes. Oh, for the record, i never actually even specfifed when they had to start....

But hey, what do I know, I'm only the one who set the vendor threads in the first place... cool.gif

QUOTE (mushrat @ May 24 2008, 12:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Bulldog_916 @ May 24 2008, 02:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hate to burst the bubble. HL was over 90 days. they and everyone else got a nice direct letter. As I have stated before, some answered they would step it up, some never answered, and some wrote a netter. At no point did I specify a number of posts in a given time period and I have copies of every thing I've sent. So one less conspiracy theory. How about I been a tad busy and some of the letters were more over due than others, but they are getting them and well, thats the way it goes. Oh, for the record, i never actually even specfifed when they had to start....

But hey, what do I know, I'm only the one who set the vendor threads in the first place... cool.gif

c'mon guys give poor mushy a break he is a fair guy and doesnt pick on any specific vendors or anything he is just tryin to keep everything in order so we dont end up with a gaza strip type situation

Sorry about not participating recently in the forums. I will definitely catch up this Memorial Day weekend on what's going on. We have been extremely extremely busy with orders and starting brand new products and site redesign. I know it's not an excuse at all but will defintely catchup this weekend. Thank you all for your support!