The R.i.p. Hookah Thread

I feel for you Ryno, that was the sexiest base I have ever seen. I would have beaten him then made him pay for a new one... i couldn't look at him after that smacking him on the back of the head

QUOTE (ryno @ Sep 1 2008, 09:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, after making this thread, I hoped I wouldnt have to add more, but about a week ago, my Syrian broke. Roommate was going to move it, and I looked up and yelled, "Make sure you pick it up by the BASE!!" and as soon as I finished the word base, it fell out and shattered on the floor. I didnt even have the heart to go pick it up, and it set out there all night. Luckily, my roomate has promised to buy me a new one.. but i dont think I'll ever find another like this..

--Note: The following pics are not for the faint of heart--

That sucks, I'm sure it took a lot of willpower to not stab him with the victimized base. tongue.gif

i'm pretty sure he did try to salvage the metal.. doesnt come off like that though... i saw this vase with my own hands... as well as the guy who broke it...

it made me as sad as running over a box of newborn puppies being sent to poor kids

QUOTE (Chiefin @ Sep 2 2008, 04:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Damn Ryno...say it isn't so. You should try and salvage that metal work on the base if at all possible.

I tried to get some of it off, but it was tearing apart when I took it off. My roommate did say he'd buy me a new hookah though.... hmmm KM triple pear or an Exotica..

QUOTE (ryno @ Sep 2 2008, 06:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Chiefin @ Sep 2 2008, 04:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Damn Ryno...say it isn't so. You should try and salvage that metal work on the base if at all possible.

I tried to get some of it off, but it was tearing apart when I took it off. My roommate did say he'd buy me a new hookah though.... hmmm KM triple pear or an Exotica..

*tri-metal cough cough pharonie cough cough thalata cough cough*

but it does sound like you want a real tall beast.

My local shisha supplier had a few hookahs with that same base sittin at the back of the shop the other day when I was there, if you want me to the next time I stop by i'll ask how much he wants for it if you'd like me to.

QUOTE (voski @ May 15 2008, 02:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My friends dad had a hookah he got from Lebanon 30 years ago. It's one of the best hookahs I have ever smoked out of and ever will probably. The only bad thing about it is that it needs a male bowl so you can't use a phunnel on it.

One day he is outside on the grill and for some reason backs into a table where he had the hookah. The poor thing tipped over and the base shattered into a million pieces. All he said was "The one I loved". It was a very sad moment. They found another base for it but its leaky and it just isn't the same.

That was honestly touching. ive had good luck so far. only one i have had broken was one i bought in dubai and got broken in luggage. ill get a picture here soon. it wasnt any brand, it was one of those handmade kind. very intricate.

QUOTE (Victim026 @ Sep 2 2008, 07:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My local shisha supplier had a few hookahs with that same base sittin at the back of the shop the other day when I was there, if you want me to the next time I stop by i'll ask how much he wants for it if you'd like me to.

That would be really awesome man... you know if its an Ager by any chance? I beleive thats what mine was

The last couple of years me and my friends have broken 15 pipes.... And about 35 ceramic tops.. but we are rearly less then 5-7 people so it's usually no problem buying new ones..

But you have no ide how many pipes we have broken,, the record is 30minutes before breaking a small pipe that my friend brought home from turkey.. but i replaced the bowl with a coca cola botle and it became 10 times better than before.. Insane thick smoke... top 4 on my list actually when it comes to thick smoke..

But none the less,, our biggest loss is the pipe at the picture,, and we have broken it 2 times,, and now the store is all out of this kind and will never get it back,, special egyptian pipe.

QUOTE (ryno @ Sep 2 2008, 09:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Victim026 @ Sep 2 2008, 07:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That would be really awesome man... you know if its an Ager by any chance? I beleive thats what mine was

They didn't look much like any Ager I've seen before(they did look like handcrafted syrian's), although they were up on a shelf so I couldn't get them right down in front of me. The bases looked identical to the one you've got though, and the owner knows me pretty well so hopefully I can talk him into just a base for you unless you'd prefer a whole hookah.

Ryno man that sucks ASS. I would have stabbed that fat fuck with a sodering iron, especially for smiling in the recreated picture.

Nothing against your room mate, he just looks too happy to have broken such a lovely base. I hope you can replace it with something of equal beauty.

Im having to replace a stem that my lil bro brought back for me from the UAE. It developed a crack in the downpipe somehow. I think it was just cheap metal and internal metal stress.

Sure, it was a pretty cheap one. It was the one that introduced me to the wonderful world of shisha though and the sentimental value of it is worth a lot more then the monetary value.

The upside is though... I think Im going to replace the head with a nice Mya one wink.gif

• 7 months later...
I hate to be the one to drag this up, but I have lost another vase. Arpo was moving the hookah to the other room, and the base slipped or something, but alas, it did not survive...

Shit, Ryno. You have bad luck with bases. Or roommates. I'd think they'd figure it out by now to move the hookah BY THE BASE. Maybe you can somehow attach the stem to the base so this slippage doesn't happen anymore. A metal wire wrapped around the rim of the base and the stem or something. Or just stop moving them so high off the ground. I move my KM by the stem all the time, but only 5 inches above the floor. Though if it ever fell, it'd only fall on carpet.

Thanks for finding the thread JD, with no further ado, my favorite vase:

I hate the Easter bunny

Sad sad day

fortunately I made a thread to mourn and Dafunk is being extremely cool and sending me the same vase that he has just had lying around smile.gif (thanks again) But for a few hours it was horrible.

Just to add to the sadness...

I'm still having a hard time getting the nerve to throw the broken piece in the trash. Maybe I will donate it to the bridge gnomes as well. My luck the 5-0 will catch me doing it.

By the way, Ryno, you ever consider buying vases by the case? Edited by delSol_si

• 2 weeks later...