Arghh Tangiers Is Soo Strong!

Man. I haven't slept all night, its the morning. And I've just finished my work and sent it off to be uploaded for my external examiner to read through.

Fired up my hookah and put my first bowl of Tangiers using my immitation funnel bowl. I've smoking something called mimon, a 50gram sample Neal gave me which my order of Tangiers.

Bugger this Tangiers isn't half strong! Whoever said its as strong as Nakhla is a liar! Its +much+ stronger. Darn these months of smoking only AF has weaken my nicotine tolerance.

Does anyone else find this to be the case? I dont think I can finish this bowl by myself, and I've brought 5 packs of Tangiers wacko.gif

Man, I need to sit down, no, I need to lie down! I feel ill. Oh and yes, I have that slight tingle at the back of my throat, probably didn't pack the bowl enough - although, that seems like a bad idea. I think I'll take one puff a minute.

Oh the jittering finger, oh the jitters. blink.gif

QUOTE (Johnny_D @ Mar 26 2008, 01:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
haha!

You need to smoke Nahkla for a while then tangiers. Allthought Nahkla is technically stronger [Tangiers is .3?] I was led to believe.

JD

i dunno man. the buzz i got from tangiers wasnt that big, i dno what everyone fusses about.

QUOTE (Johnny_D @ Mar 26 2008, 07:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Me neither Mat. I just figure it was psychosomatic symptoms tongue.gif

Like teens getting drunk on alcohol-free beer because they think it's the real thing?

Actually, I think Eric said it's .3%. But something about the way he makes it or the tobacco he uses makes it feel stronger.

If you had the tingle in the throat chances are you did what everyone does out of habbit. Used too much coal and were actually burning the stuff slightly. And the only thing stronger than tangiers is burning tangiers. Next time you smome it, use less coal than you normally would for a bowl of anything else. This stuff works at a lot lower temp. Experiment a little. Then again...it could just be you... tongue.gif

QUOTE (mushrat @ Mar 26 2008, 10:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Actually, I think Eric said it's .3%. But something about the way he makes it or the tobacco he uses makes it feel stronger.

If you had the tingle in the throat chances are you did what everyone does out of habbit. Used too much coal and were actually burning the stuff slightly. And the only thing stronger than tangiers is burning tangiers. Next time you smome it, use less coal than you normally would for a bowl of anything else. This stuff works at a lot lower temp. Experiment a little. Then again...it could just be you... tongue.gif

+1 on that and the heat. i didnt notice cause ive been smoking tangiers for a while now, but i did pack up a bowl of fantasia and tried to smoke it how i was used to, it wouldnt smoke, so i had to add alot more heat.. if i did that with tangiers, i would have died.

Really? I was quite surprised because the buzz I get from Tangiers is no stronger than the buzz I get from AF, AW, or Layalina. I've only smoked Tangiers a handful of times (maybe 4 or 5), and the only REALLY strong buzz I got was right at the beginning of the first session. I think that might have been a placebo effect, though. I think the Tangiers tastes alright, though, but I might need to reacclimate mine.

QUOTE (manic007 @ Mar 26 2008, 05:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bugger this Tangiers isn't half strong! Whoever said its as strong as Nakhla is a liar! Its +much+ stronger. Darn these months of smoking only AF has weaken my nicotine tolerance.

Does anyone else find this to be the case? I dont think I can finish this bowl by myself, and I've brought 5 packs of Tangiers wacko.gif

Man, I need to sit down, no, I need to lie down! I feel ill. Oh and yes, I have that slight tingle at the back of my throat, probably didn't pack the bowl enough - although, that seems like a bad idea. I think I'll take one puff a minute.

Oh the jittering finger, oh the jitters. blink.gif

I've actually found AF to give me the biggest buzzes, and I routinely smoke Tangiers and Nakhla, apparently much more deeply and rapidly than most people.

And I'd recommend that you just chug a bunch of water, that should help a lot.

Heat heat heat. How much heat is to much heat for tangiers?

For starbuzz / AF i use 2 x 1/3s exoticas. For tangiers should i only use 2 x 1/4"?

What do the tangiers masters use???

Cheers guys, thanks for all the advice (and sarcasm)!

I'm thinking maybe not sleeping in over 24 hours, chewing caffine tablets to stay awake (trust me, the taste wakes you up more than anything), and eating only one slice of toast didn't help my cause. wacko.gif I was just SOOO happy I finished my thesis that I wanted to celebrate asap (technically its not over, it has to go to the external, hopefully that grumpy git will be satisfied).

Right then, I've had a few hours sleep, I'm going to get something proper to eat. Then I'm going to try the beast again!

Oh yeah guys, I was using 2 1/3 of Nour coals, the clouds weren't very big so I put a wind shield on. Then I got lots of clouds, and then I almost fainted. So Mush/Canon's advice it is! I bow done to you dons. I assume its normal to have thin smoke in the begining, but it'll get thicker by itself?

And to those peeps who say Tangiers isn't strong - you guys smoke too much!! tongue.gif

Man, I wish I could have shared my jitters with you!

Thanks guys, off to get lunch. I hope I'm not traumatised.

make sure you get a good meal in especially if you havent smoked it much! for a little bit, it did give me a buzz but now i smoke it so much it doesnt effect me. also, like gaia said, have some water, or another drink with it.

QUOTE (Johnny_D @ Mar 26 2008, 01:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

big words..big words..ahh!!

QUOTE (erufiku @ Mar 26 2008, 02:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Johnny_D @ Mar 26 2008, 07:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Like teens getting drunk on alcohol-free beer because they think it's the real thing?

maybe? eew alcohol free beer. whats the point in that

To the OP, you said you were using a fake funnel. I've used it twice so far and once it was incredible, but the second time it sucked. I think I made the funnel hole too big. I know tangiers with a real funnel bowl is ideal, but do you think it's OK with the fake one as well?

BUY A REAL FUNNEL. Nothing does better than the real deal. I tried it with just my normal bowl and it wasnt good at all. The bowl and the shisha compliment each other.

I still get buzzed from Tangiers if I havent smoked it in a week. I'm spacing out my Tangiers bowls now and only smoking it when I need to relax a lot. If I'm stressed out I smoke it or if I cant sleep.

I used this bowl

I smoke AF all the time with it, and it gives very impressive results. I tried the Tangiers bowl again, this time with only 1/4 of Nour and a windcover. It was less nicotine, and less tickling of the throat. But I dont think I like minom flavour, it doesn't agree with me. It was overall a much better smoke, but I couldn't get big clouds without getting massive nicotine bursts. Which is a shame since the shisha wasn't even slightly burnt. This is one pack destined for my younger brother! He's more adventurous than me

Next time, I'll try Tangiers rasberry, hopefully I'll get along better with it. And hopefully by that time I'd have recieved an MH glass funnel from a forum member *cough* JD *cough* wink.gif , so that issue will be resolved.

Dont worry guys, I haven't given up yet!! smile.gif

I was smoking with a friend and had never tried the Tangiers. I was of course warned that this tobacco was particularly strong, but I thought "Eh, I have smoked a lot of hookah man. We shall see about that." Oh and did I see! By the end of the bowl I was still smoking, but had moved from my chair to lying on his porch. haha. Thank you Tangiers for kicking my ass in a whole new way! its great.