Tangiers Help

I started with two coco-naras on my medium phunnel and the smoke wasn't thick so I used a wind cover and it was great. Then after a while I took it off and started rotating coals. I'll do it more frequently next time. The bowl should still be fine right?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I give up. Thats 500g of bramble berry and one bowl of what I would call decent for 30 minutes. I tried something different with each bowl and it never worked. sad.gif

QUOTE (voski @ Apr 23 2008, 11:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just pulled the trigger on some peach iced tea. Hope this is better =/

MmmmMMMmmMM!!!! Peach Iced tea is one of my all time favorites of Tangiers. Acclimate it right and you will succeed!

Sidenote: I might be home in a couple of weekends, I'll drop you a PM if I'm in town.

More fail in the Voski house. But not to the same extent. I packed it like I normally do with the push the foil down thing. It didn't work so good. So I did the other method where you just pack the shit out of the bowl until juices start coming to the top. It smokes better but its still a little harsh. I think its from the new batch too but I still let it aclimate for like 2-3hours

Be glad they will even smoke hookah. Mine girl just complains.

Voski are you pokin your holes like the pics? Big fat round holes?

Just wonderin, cuase im having some issues too.

QUOTE (voski @ Apr 25 2008, 10:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
More fail in the Voski house. But not to the same extent. I packed it like I normally do with the push the foil down thing. It didn't work so good. So I did the other method where you just pack the shit out of the bowl until juices start coming to the top. It smokes better but its still a little harsh. I think its from the new batch too but I still let it aclimate for like 2-3hours

Make sure like Webbles said, Use big holes, it makes a huge difference. I should make a video of packing Tangiers and the hole pattern and show you guys what is like to get good smoke on the first pull. Todays project. I will use my regular Phunnel bowl for it. I hope it turns out OK. I only have my digital camera to take vids. Should be OK though. I just need to figure out how to make the recording longer. I stops after about 3 minutes and I cant find out how to change the settings. I will have to break out the owners manual. *sigh*

When I pack mine, I do not poke holes around the center opening. I start at the outside rim an do two circles of holes, with the rings spaced about .5" apart, and the holes spaced about .5" apart. As an aside, I use holes that are the same size as the ones in your pictures. ALso, don't mash the foil down as much. I barely pressit in, and I only do it around the rim of the bowl. You are using the correct heat, so see if that works for you. Tangiers takes some practice to get it right, and I've been trying for about 1-1.5 years now...I can shamefully say I have had maybe 4-5 bowls of it that smoked perfectly. So just keep working at it. When it gets going that first time, I promise you'll be hooked on it.

Happy smoking!

So voski. You could try packing it like i show it packed in my thread. "I just got my tangiers out of the box" I would post a link but i have problems posting links to threads. It smokes pretty good. BTW, I smoked cocoa yesturday and it was very nice.

I spent 35$ on the hookah-shisha tangiers thing they have and I threw all of it out acclimated it for 2 weeks stirred it, shaked it, jiggled it, took out my magical wand and tried to wish on it but it still smelled like bbq sauce. Thats my horror story and I will never buy it again.

QUOTE (speel @ Apr 26 2008, 05:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I spent 35$ on the hookah-shisha tangiers thing they have and I threw all of it out acclimated it for 2 weeks stirred it, shaked it, jiggled it, took out my magical wand and tried to wish on it but it still smelled like bbq sauce. Thats my horror story and I will never buy it again.

you should have sent it to me. but i found that how tangy smells and how it tastes when being smoked doesnt really make sense because i had some k peach that smelled liked soy sauce even after acclimating and being the sushi fan i am i thought i would enjoy myself some soy shisha and to my suprise it taste just like peaches with an awesome spice undertone

QUOTE (NickReppinThe909 @ Apr 26 2008, 07:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (speel @ Apr 26 2008, 05:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

you should have sent it to me. but i found that how tangy smells and how it tastes when being smoked doesnt really make sense because i had some k peach that smelled liked soy sauce even after acclimating and being the sushi fan i am i thought i would enjoy myself some soy shisha and to my suprise it taste just like peaches with an awesome spice undertone

I actually smoked all three of them and they all had this certain taste to it, a unique taste i must say but not the flavors I got.