A Peek Into Lounge Ownership...

I'ver posted some threads since I opened my lounge, the latest being about exotica coals and problems with their manufacturer. Lets this just be a little peak into what ou have to go through in general if you decide to open a lounge... cool.gif

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'd love to hear all about this, i was thinking about how this bussines moves. I was day dreaming about opening one lounge in my country but i dont really know if it has market here, but even tho i'd like to know the aspect behind this, more than 'lighting on hookahs and smoking'

I just couldnt see the allure of openng a lounge. Its a LOT of work! Ask Mush, he puts in tons of hours, spends tons of money, deals with ALL types of personalities (not always pleasant) and there are TONS of paperwork to be completed monthly because of the tobacco products being sold. Then you add alcohol into the mix, man o man. No Thanks its not for me. My hats off to the fine folks that do it though.

Billy

I would love to open one, but no chance for now...
Here at IUP, there is one that has mediocre business, I probably couldn't compete anyway just because they have been here sooo long. In my hometown Pittsburgh, there are two in the South Side(H-Kan and The Sphinx), and one in Oakland(The Sphinx). My only chance would be to open one in my area, the South Hills. H-Kan gets so much business because they have open mic night...dunno if I could keep up with that, I'm not into rap, other than some foreign rap like Control Machete. I know I could do it for my superior knowledge(they use crap products and disposable hookahs. But really what it boils down to is the atmosphere.

QUOTE (zeppyrkr @ Jan 21 2008, 05:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i wouldnt want to go through all the paper work and legal stuff that comes with it, so many states with new smoking policies and stuff seems like that would be a huge pain in the ass also its not cheap to start any kind of business.

the paperwork was a pain, but doable. A good accountant is a must.

• 2 weeks later...
$60,000???? Wow. I expected 10-15K in my state.
I have about 50K to start mine in AZ. Im in the study process, doing my homework and such.
What did you spend most on? (In percentage)

Mushrat, about how long did it take to launch your lounge, from first action taken to grand opening?