Hookah Music Mixes

Xeft

anyone think we should set up HOOKAHFORUM internet radio station ?? 2 channels, one playing arabic stuff the other playing other chillout stuff that ppl like listening too ?

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dekon @ Nov 3 2007, 03:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Mostly smooth hip-hop like A tribe called quest, common, DL Incognito etc.

I love you, A tribe called quest, RJD2, Common, Smiff n Wesson, Binary Star, Brother Ali, Soul Position,

I like Timbaland & Magoo - Indian Flute

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gW1xRc5ITik

a good song as well, i like underground hip hop, or less mainstream since most mainstream is complete crap and is horrible.

Underground still has meaning to me.

I recently put together a Hookah mix, containing ~6 1/2 hours of music (100 songs.)

Some artists include:

Damiera
Sunny Day Real Estate
Cursive
Circa Survive
Glassjaw
Idiot Pilot
Deftones
Dispatch
Mute Math
The Jiant
Interpol
Bear Vs. Shark

& more. Edited by Glassjaw

Depends on my mood.
Sometimes it's Industrial like Hocico, Funker Vogt, Wumpscut, or Grendel in style of bands.
Others I could have on Futurepop/EBM like VNV Nation, Pride N Fall, System Syn, or Assemblage 23.
I randomly toss on classic rock like Pink Floyd and The Doors.
If the mood strikes me I put on Phillip Glass and Yoko Kano.

I like a variety and my mood really rules me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
It's been awhile since I was last on these forums. Ahhhh yes...and this lovely topic of awesome music. MMmmmmmm....good times ^^

Recently I've been listening to one song over and over.

Call The Cops - Kool Keith (Dr. Dooom)

I first heard it play in the movie "Grandma's Boy". The song when Alex (Main character) goes to see Dante for the second time. Great song when I'm smoking...

Heres my preference:
Tiesto - any ISOS will do nicely, as well as elements of life
Armin Van Buuren - universal religon 2008
Danny Howells - GU 24/7 & GU Miami
Danny Tenaglia - Back to Mine
Digweed - Fabric 20
Sasha - Fundacion
Oakenfold - Great Wall & Creamfields

Gipsy Kings - Best of
Santana - anything really
U2 - The Joshua Tree, Acthung Baby, & How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb
Rolling Stones - 40 Licks
Sting - All This Time
The Beatles - Love

QUOTE (J-thehookaholic @ Mar 27 2008, 06:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Scimita_R @ Jan 7 2008, 09:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
anyone think we should set up HOOKAHFORUM internet radio station ?? 2 channels, one playing arabic stuff the other playing other chillout stuff that ppl like listening too ?

Dude....... Fucking Fantastic Idea.

That would be great, I love it

...we could have a separate site(like the chat) where we could upload our music to the archive + download the pluggin for it

I find myself listening to KottonMouth Kings sometimes...haha

Other than that whatever is on my comp...Mainly Armor For Sleep and Metal, and everything between, I'm not an emo person, but I do like Emo Music

i would guess listing to what i normally listen to would be chill for hookah smoking.....like

WU TANG CLAN
Nas
Immortal Technique
Notorious B.I.G

OLD SKOOL/UNDERGROUND when hip hop was good music and wasent about the same dumb shit over and over again!!!! l Edited by ChaseD23

I like Ravi Shankar, enya, buckethead, anything chill like that. Im looking for some middle eastern pop i guess? If anyone knows anything like that. Something that has a small amount of vocals

Mike

Oh my gosh.... so nasty. Universal Religion 2008 is incredible!

QUOTE (J-thehookaholic @ Mar 28 2008, 02:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Heres my preference:
Tiesto - any ISOS will do nicely, as well as elements of life
Armin Van Buuren - universal religon 2008
Danny Howells - GU 24/7 & GU Miami
Danny Tenaglia - Back to Mine
Digweed - Fabric 20
Sasha - Fundacion
Oakenfold - Great Wall & Creamfields

Gipsy Kings - Best of
Santana - anything really
U2 - The Joshua Tree, Acthung Baby, & How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb
Rolling Stones - 40 Licks
Sting - All This Time
The Beatles - Love

I like to listen to post-rock when I smoke. Ideally with one or two other people, calmly talking and reflecting and listening to something like Godspeed You! Black Emperor, Explosions in the Sky, the Red Sparowes, or 65daysofstatic. I love that kinda stuff.

Also, less-intense classical music... I don't think I could listen to Dvorak's 9th or Mars while smoking, but I wouldn't mind Beethoven or something like that.

Metal is decent... The only metal I would really smoke to would be doom metal -- things like Boris, sunnO))), Electric Wizard. My roommates don't really like the harsher, straight-up feedback stuff, though... So I don't get to listen often, haha.

I also like smoking to Public Enemy, RJD2, and a few other hip hop artists. For reggae I really only listen to dub, so, Scientist. I really like Peter Tosh but wouldn't smoke to that.

I do like the occasional movie when it's me. Conversation with friend is top notch, man. But for some good tunage i like to throw on some old stuff and new stuff

Bands:
Two Thirty Eight
Spud Puddle
Avett Brothers
Unwritten Law
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Craig's Brother
Kosmos Express
Samiam
The Go! Team
Hellogoodbye
Kaiser Cheifs

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (Ceraziefish @ Apr 14 2008, 04:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (ZenSilk @ Oct 4 2007, 09:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
haha, Acid Mother Temple.
Something like that. Like Chinese people being ambient. huh.gif

I LOVE Acid Mother's Temple. Come to think of it, King Crimson would probably be good smoking music (some of the calmer songs).

omg i compleatly forgot about this band in the dark corners of my ipod lol. Nice name drop.

I prefer Halo 3 and wolf mother or modest modest mouse for my more intence sessions. For regular sessions I log on to Pandora.com and type in Karsh Kale. Pandora will make radio stations for your favorit bands or songs and combine them with simmilar music through a mathimatical matrix of music theory. in laymens terms....Its fucking sweet.

QUOTE (Place_Name_Here @ Apr 24 2008, 08:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
omg i compleatly forgot about this band in the dark corners of my ipod lol. Nice name drop.

I prefer Halo 3 and wolf mother or modest modest mouse for my more intence sessions. For regular sessions I log on to Pandora.com and type in Karsh Kale. Pandora will make radio stations for your favorit bands or songs and combine them with simmilar music through a mathimatical matrix of music theory. in laymens terms....Its fucking sweet.

Fuck yeah dude! Thanks for mentioning pandora.com. I'd never heard of it before but now it's bookmarked!