Hookah Music Mixes

Xeft

I kinda like Swollen Members "Pressure". Any other songs like that? The big thing I like about that song is the kind of classical tune in the background.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Xeft @ Nov 27 2007, 12:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I kinda like Swollen Members "Pressure". Any other songs like that? The big thing I like about that song is the kind of classical tune in the background.

if you like that song you should definitely check out their new album 'Black Magic', notably: prisoner of doom and black magic. Also, check, out 'red dragon' from their monsters in the closet album and 'paranoia' from their heavy album. awesome songs.

QUOTE (Xeft @ Aug 2 2007, 02:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm not a personal fan of watching a movie or playing a video game when I smoke. I just like to sit back, talk to friends if their over and listen to good calm music.

So I'm curious, what do you guys listen too when you smoke (if anything)?

My selections are all over the place. As long as it's relaxing, has a good beat and doesn't really have lyrics...then cool. I mean, some songs from like Massive Attack or Sublime are okay. Just nothing like uh...cake or something.

But to the point...list your music mixes! I really am curious to know.

Hey man if you like Massive Attack you should def. check out some other trip hop. I'd recommend Portishead, Jem, Telepopmusik, Bonobo (a must for chill music lovers), Tricky, Goldfrapp, and Fischerspooner. I dont particularly like all the songs of every band, but they all have their hits.

I like listening too classic arabic music and and arab chillout stuff and remixes of classics, you guys should check out transglobal underground, R.E.G project, Ellie Attiah,Said Murad, Hossam Ramzi, Fairouz, Abd El Halim, and Zaman (The Classics Arabian Chillout Album) im not sure of the name of the vocalist on some of the tracks but she is amazing, Also i like listening to old tarkan albums that are more melow and not so pop-music like, you appreciate the old arabic music more when you understand the lyrics (i speak egyptian and classical arabic) but the music itself is beautiful, ill upload some tracks to a file server for you guys to download if you want.

Modern arab music is good also, better when friends are around, there are some singers though you just dont listen too..

Download a Hookah Mix!

I've taken the time to make a hookah mix. This mix everyone can download for free from this link: http://depositfiles.com/en/files/2566658

Bare in mind please. Under no circumstances will this album ever be used, in any way shape or form, to make profit. This album was made like a simple burned CD with mixed songs, for a friend. Please just sit back and enjoy this album while smoking some shisha. happy.gif

I'm not going to list the songs only becuase I'd rather people found out by listening to them. I know their is some of you who will judge a artist based on a 30 second sample of one song. ^^ Edited by Xeft

Any arabic-pop mixes I can find floating around the internet.
Don't understand a word, aware that it's cheezy as hell, but nevertheless keeping the decibels pumping laugh.gif

QUOTE (Xeft @ Dec 2 2007, 01:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Download a Hookah Mix!

I've taken the time to make a hookah mix. This mix everyone can download for free from this link: http://depositfiles.com/en/files/2566658

Bare in mind please. Under no circumstances will this album ever be used, in any way shape or form, to make profit. This album was made like a simple burned CD with mixed songs, for a friend. Please just sit back and enjoy this album while smoking some shisha. happy.gif

I'm not going to list the songs only becuase I'd rather people found out by listening to them. I know their is some of you who will judge a artist based on a 30 second sample of one song. ^^

bro, way to go on the mix! i just copped it and am listening to it right now. i can totally see myself smoking to this. i'ma try to make one tomorrow then put it up see what you all think.

Glad you like it bro.

Can't wait to see what mix you make!

To erufiku: I'm not sure about "arabic-pop mixes". I can only suggest certain songs that might fit the mood your looking for. Look for a group called: "Transglobal Underground". Really good stuff. IDK if it could be compared to arabic pop. Sure sounds good to me though tongue.gif

QUOTE (Xeft @ Dec 2 2007, 12:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Download a Hookah Mix!

I'm not going to list the songs only becuase I'd rather people found out by listening to them. I know their is some of you who will judge a artist based on a 30 second sample of one song. ^^

Nice mix actually, think i'll make one too

Need good chill music for your hookah? Here are some of my personal faves:

The Dodos- Acid folk with some really impressive guitar

Ted Leo and the Pharmacists- Indie rock with compelling lyrics and again amazing guitar. (check out the song Biomusicology)

Muse- Queen meets Radiohead with a little electronia thrown in the mix.

The Flaming Lips- This is one killer band. I highly recommend the album Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots

Tom Waits- Highly experimental with great Jazz and Soul influence.

That's what does it for me, hope this helps!

Update: Music Link Below
Alright guys, I just finished my hookah mix. It's uploading as I type, as soon as it's finished (20 mins or so) Ill post the link so you guys can enjoy it!

Oh and please note that, there is a .txt file in there for the order of the songs. I designed this mix with the tempos and bpm in mind. The whole groove of the mix should start out pretty upbeat then slowing down a notch then back up again to finally level off.

And just to re-quote:
QUOTE (Xeft @ Dec 2 2007, 01:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Here's The Link Hombres, Enjoy: http://depositfiles.com/files/2632803 Edited by nitrousconsumed

QUOTE (pooky @ Dec 8 2007, 03:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hi guys smile.gif

can anybody tell me where i can download : The Classics Arabian Chillout Album (zaman) ??

plz smile.gif

ill upload it soon

Right now I'm listening to a "Karma Police" cover by a reggae group called The Easy All Stars. The album is called RadioDread, which is a lot of Radiohead reggae covers.

I usually just have my laptop streaming some arabic music via winamp or you can catch me listening to some chill chicago house or trance. You can never go wrong with marley or sublime. Always depends on my mood, and where and when im hookahing. If its a nice summer night you can find me listening to more raggae where the spring and winter I tend to listen to a tad bit more upbeat music. If you ever have a chance to smoke in a garage or some sort of outdoor room during a thunderstorm I highly suggest it, it will be one of the most relaxing but at the same time exciting sessions you will ever have...

• 3 weeks later...