Xeft

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Sex-O-Rama band!

LMAO!!!

Sounds great for hookah.... >.> <.< >.>

Anyone interested in the "Across The Universe" soundtrack? I know the "Strawberry fields forever", "Across the universe" and "Hey Jude" are pretty good remakes. All beatles songs FYI.

My selections are all over the place. As long as it's relaxing, has a good beat and doesn't really have lyrics...then cool. I mean, some songs from like Massive Attack or Sublime are okay. Just nothing like uh...cake or something.

dude what do you have against cake. haha just kidding sublime always hits the spot when I'm having a chill session but you guys ever just put on some light gorillaz demon days or even there self titled album.

My favorites are as follows:

DJ Tiesto - Any of the "In Search of Sunshine" albums are amazing!
DJ Tiane - I have one album on my computer, but I can't remember the name, but it's great stuff!
Infected Mushroom - Can't go wrong there. Saw them in concert in Dallas at the Lizard Lounge in July, and they were tight!

I've heard a couple of others, such as DJ Shadow, and I own all of BT. I just need to try some of these other artists that you guys have suggested!

I really like listening to Ra and the new korn album, it's nice and mellow. also Modest Mouse is good, and some Burden Brothers.

my friend has a hookah playlist on his Ipod. not sure wats all in there though

QUOTE (laxstriker52 @ Oct 23 2007, 07:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My selections are all over the place. As long as it's relaxing, has a good beat and doesn't really have lyrics...then cool. I mean, some songs from like Massive Attack or Sublime are okay. Just nothing like uh...cake or something.

dude what do you have against cake. haha just kidding sublime always hits the spot when I'm having a chill session but you guys ever just put on some light gorillaz demon days or even there self titled album.

Alot of songs by Gorillaz are really good. Theirs this one gorillaz vs. space monkeys remix or w/e "Slow Country". I think it's a great song for smoking, better then the original becuase it starts better.

I've noticed Bonobo mentioned a few times in playlists, allow me to reiterate that Bonobo is THE ultimate music to listen to in a room filled with smoke. Anything off the Days to Come album is prime (Bajka's voice compliments Bonobo so perfectly). That being said, Karsh Kale is another good one, I also will throw on some Cake or Joe Strummer when I'm in the mood. I like to keep with the real laid back theme while smoking hookah, so metal or punk is a real taboo when I smoke.
To Xeft: What's wrong with Cake? Edited by Geiseric

Well, I certainly agree with whomever mentioned Culture....The lead singer/songwriter Joe Hill was one of the great roots reggae artists.

Lately i've been listening to lots of old-school electronica while smoking: Jean-Michel Jarrae's Oxygene, for example....and some 50's era exotica while sitting at my tiki bar, like Ultra Lounge Vol. 1: Mondo Exotica.

QUOTE (Geiseric @ Oct 26 2007, 11:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
To Xeft: What's wrong with Cake?

Perhaps it's how I grew up with cake being so popular back in my middle school days and during this time I was a skater. Music that all the skaters in that school listened to were either Cake, Green Day, Beastie Boys or loads of heavy metal. So everytime I hear cake, I'm always going to think about busting out the dusty ass board in my closet rather then smoking a bowl of shisha.

Huh. Weird, never really made that connection. Cake always struck me as a little to strange to be mainstream enough to be considered skater music. Shows the difference between Arizona and Minnesota I guess.

Hehe, ah well. Makes an interesting story biggrin.gif

Some more good music for hookah...Try listening to: J Boogie's Dubtronic Science, Coldcut, DJ Vadim, Quantic, Hird, Shawn Lee's Ping Pong Orchestra and Spaceheater. All of those are great artists for any session biggrin.gif

Well my true question should have been..."What songs by Aphex Twin do you listen to when you smoke?".

I kinda got into a louder mood myself. I added:

My Way - Limp Bizkit
Behind Blue Eyes - Limp Bizkit
In The End - Linkin Park
Breaking The Habit - Linkin Park
Youth of the Nation - P.O.D.

LOL OWZRS!

probably the one person on this thread that'll post the most akward music for hookah lounging. You guys have obvious better music to listen to. The Who isn't that bad at all. I'd could smoke to the group ;D

Youth of the Nation - P.O.D.

Someone else who enjoys the work of P.O.D.! The Fundamental Elements of Southtown was by far their best work. Satellite was good, but balance of reggae and black metal was perfect in Southtown.