Chiller Hookahs?

What exactly are they? How well do they work? What brands are the best? Cheap alternatives to achieve the same effect? I'm pretty clueless on these types of hookahs

IMO, not a very efficient function, only buy if you like how it looks.

Chillers have an ice bucket attached to the stem, if you fill it with ice, it cools the smoke as it passes through.
The issue comes when the ice starts to melt, however, and you just have a bucket of water.

The same thing a chiller does can be achieved by other means (ice in the base, hose cooling attachments, etc)
On top of that, a lot of people don't even like using ice after trying it. While it does lead to cooler smoke and "bigger clouds" (I need some verification on this), the effect is minimal really, and cold smoke actually dulls the flavor you're smoking. Why smoke something if you don't even wanna taste it?

thank you my good sir! I don't really like how they look but just wanted to know more about them. I've always put ice in my base outta habit I guess. never knew it dulled the flavor. I'll try it without ice and let you know how the sesh goes :)

[quote name='Fouda1122gbf' timestamp='1355719822' post='565332']
thank you my good sir! I don't really like how they look but just wanted to know more about them. I've always put ice in my base outta habit I guess. never knew it dulled the flavor. I'll try it without ice and let you know how the sesh goes :)
[/quote]

Yeah, I mean, if ice is your thing, have at it, smoke how you wanna smoke. I think the general consensus is that it dulls the flavor, however.

Just compare cold vodka to room temperature vodka, which goes down easier? ;)

Yeah, definitely let us know if it goes better or you have any other questions! Happy smoking!

Ya for sure! I may have torn my meniscus along with my mcl/pcl so I think I'll have some sitting around time if I get surgery which equals tons of smoking time hahaha

I have a km Sig ice and only time I was able to notice any chilling from having ice in the tray was when it was 115 (lake mead as this past summer)AND even then it was badly noticeable difference. I've had more succes with one I belive is for Maya hookahs, it screwed on where you would put a bowl grommet then screw your bowl part on top. That had more of a notice ,but all in all only slightly cools smoke .

I too have a KM Sig Ice. Even when the bucket up top was super cold, there was nearly no noticeable difference. The only real difference you'll notice is the condensation accumilating on the bucket and having to strategically dump the water into your sink afterwards.

i am seriously considering buying a Soguk ice tip..... i dont notice dull taste when getting cool smoke and i want to know what it feels like to smoke out of one... if only i knew someone who would just let me borrow it for a few days. any one on here have any knowledge on the Soguk?

[quote name='xMooglyx' timestamp='1355766899' post='565381']i am seriously considering buying a Soguk ice tip..... i dont notice dull taste when getting cool smoke and i want to know what it feels like to smoke out of one... if only i knew someone who would just let me borrow it for a few days. any one on here have any knowledge on the Soguk?[/quote]

Yes... they tried spamming us with their shitty gimmicky product. :)

Tapatalk'd via iPhone

I would recommend the Mystique tip if you want something along those lines. I've used one a few times, and I love it. If you are looking for something that cools your smoke without losing too much flavor I recommend it

Only real use ive seen for a chiller pipe:
A local lounge will over pack AF, over heat it too. So they make a scorching bowl of AF, shove ice everywhere they can so the smoke is cool as hell, tastes like nothing but smokes like a fucking smoke machine. The people that only smoke cause they want a lot of billowing clouds appreciate that.

[quote name='thehelios' timestamp='1355725307' post='565352']
I too have a KM Sig Ice. Even when the bucket up top was super cold, there was nearly no noticeable difference. The only real difference you'll notice is the condensation accumilating on the bucket and having to strategically dump the water into your sink afterwards.
[/quote]
That and any coal dust that falls down there can cake and is a bitch to get rid of

I have a KM chiller and the bucket is fantastic...

for holding my coals!

Ice in the base or a cooling hose is the best way to chill the smoke. The bucket does not add anything except cleanup hassle.

That said, I'm serious about it being a coal holder though. It keeps my golden canary's - perfect for one I need to re-up, I just light it off another coal.

[quote name='xMooglyx' timestamp='1355766899' post='565381']
i am seriously considering buying a Soguk ice tip..... i dont notice dull taste when getting cool smoke and i want to know what it feels like to smoke out of one... if only i knew someone who would just let me borrow it for a few days. any one on here have any knowledge on the Soguk?
[/quote]

I know the owner of soguk and personally think he's an asshole. The soguk makes the smoke too col for any flavor, and is too heavy and cold to hold in your hand. The adapters on them break constantly and the adapter to put it on anything but like a generic mya hose barely works. The best bet in my opinion is a mya freeze hose.

[quote name='Rambo' timestamp='1355801790' post='565467']
[/quote]

I know the owner of soguk and personally think he's an asshole. The soguk makes the smoke too col for any flavor, and is too heavy and cold to hold in your hand. The adapters on them break constantly and the adapter to put it on anything but like a generic mya hose barely works. The best bet in my opinion is a mya freeze hose.
[/quote]

MYA freeze hose works, but it's kinda tedious to go grab the refill when it stops cooling halfway through your session..

Which brings me back to me original point, just smoke without ice~ :D

I hear the MYA freeze hose is also heavier than all get out. Seems like an inconvience if your arm gets tired halfway through your smoke

[quote name='Fouda1122gbf' timestamp='1355804328' post='565472']
I hear the MYA freeze hose is also heavier than all get out. Seems like an inconvience if your arm gets tired halfway through your smoke
[/quote]
heavy as any decent hose to me

[quote name='fuckthatvincekid' timestamp='1355804226' post='565471']
[/quote]

[/quote]

MYA freeze hose works, but it's kinda tedious to go grab the refill when it stops cooling halfway through your session..

[/quote]
it last longer if you don't just grab the handle but right below it instead. I smoke right by the freezer so it's not too tedious for me to switch the ice packs.

[quote name='fuckthatvincekid' timestamp='1355804226' post='565471']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
it last longer if you don't just grab the handle but right below it instead. I smoke right by the freezer so it's not too tedious for me to switch the ice packs. Point is for me it's the best product on the market for this purpose.