The Goza unfan club

[quote name='mushrat' timestamp='1329408253' post='539237']
OK, of the people who have "critiqued" the Goza, how many of you have EVER smoked from one?

It's like listening to a blind man argue with a sighted man about how nice a painting looks.

[b]And yes, I turned the panda thread back into what it was intended for and i used the posts i took out of the panda thread to make the unfan club thread. Then I took the other thread and merged that one in too because they are all going round and round about the same subject and posts are being repeated.[/b]
[/quote]

You need to get completely well soon.... Way too much time on your hands, lol...... You know really, it's like Thanksgiving Dinner. Somebody's gonna ask for dark meat, some for white meat. Well, that dark-light thing could probably apply to date night too, but anyway..... Goza's may not be my thing but whatever works for whoever. If they were less expensive I'd even be tempted to pick one up and see what the deal is, because life is about new experiences, isn't it? But I am thinking the bamboo is going to up the possibility of inhaling insect life since they do have a tendency to prefer natural environments they can curl up in.... Especially when said environment is still growing in somebody's back yard. But again, whatever you like, I like for you. Enjoy!

'Rani

Im sure you can look down your piece of bamboo and look for insects. :P

Besides, things can crawl up in your regular hose as well, how many people blow out on their hose before inhaling the first time? ;)

Besides, besides, my bamboo is dried.

The drug comments came from LittleC claiming that everywhere else it is an Opium pipe, and that the goza is something that claims to be a hookah, but that "everyone really knows better". I argued my claim that its just as much a Hookah as any other Hookah.

I also agree with you Mush...ask away, but the number of people actually trying to disprove something before they have used it has surprised me. Maybe it should not have. Though I will say...I have my doubts anyone will have the scientific equipment available to really give the proper tests. What its going to come down to is personally experiencing the Goza.

Would love to see some more people weigh in it though who have tried it, so even if you think everything about the increased buzz is false, and your looking for a solid smaller portable hookah, you cant go wrong! :) Anyone visiting the MD/DC Area and want to give it a go(za) you are more than welcome to!

Oh and on the bamboo, mine is very dry, and is shorter. I can see everything inside of it no problem before I plug it into the port. Edited by Floataround

[quote name='mushrat' timestamp='1329409531' post='539243']
Im sure you can look down your piece of bamboo and look for insects. :P

Besides, my bamboo is dried.
[/quote]

There is definitely a double-entrendre in there someplace. Especially since I've seen the "almost" nekkid college pictures!

'Rani

[quote name='Bawhee' timestamp='1329411025' post='539250']
Wait why am I now the starter of the unfan thread? :o I just wondered if the bamboo was comfortable :P
[/quote]

Because Mush deemed your post from the other thread was critical and therefore moved it to this thread. Your post just so happens to have the earliest timestamp.

Talk about turning a anthill into a mountain. I think this is a good thing I havent seen Hf this active in a long time. Also im neutral dont put me in the unfan thread :).
  • Upvote 1

[quote name='Rani' timestamp='1329420407' post='539271']
[quote name='joytron' timestamp='1329419961' post='539270']
Its making a mountain out of a molehill.
[/quote]

I prefer "Making a KM out of a QT." :rofl:

'Rani
[/quote]

:lol:

[quote name='mushrat' timestamp='1329408253' post='539237']
OK, of the people who have "critiqued" the Goza, how many of you have EVER smoked from one?

[/quote]

I actually have used the exact one Katie is selling. Edited by mushrat
Enough already.

I smoked two packs of cigarettes a day for about 32 years. About 3 years ago I switched to Swedish snus. I still smoke a cigarette every once in a while, but it's snus for me 99% of the time. My hookah is for those times when I have the time and want to smoke. Never got a 'buzz' from smoking any type of tobacco. I'm super tolerant to nicotine. :D I do just enough snus to avoid cigarettes.

But if you want a nicotine buzz like you've never had before, double-barrel a couple of Thunder Frosted portions (17mg of nicotine each). You'll need to be sitting down. I've only done that twice and the second time I thought I was going to die.

[quote name='dizzbizz' timestamp='1329531897' post='539379']
I'm confused, if its the lack of distance between bowl and hose that gives the big buzz, wouldn't my Mya petite give me the same[b] huge[/b] buzz?
[/quote]
I figured it out
[img]http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/ancient-aliens-it-was-aliens.jpg[/img]
  • Upvote 2

I'm confused, if its the lack of distance between bowl and hose that gives the big buzz, wouldn't my Mya petite give me the same[b] huge[/b] buzz?
[/quote]

how long is the hose though?

[quote name='Coyote' timestamp='1329581674' post='539448']
I'm confused, if its the lack of distance between bowl and hose that gives the big buzz, wouldn't my Mya petite give me the same[b] huge[/b] buzz? [color=#ff0000]LOL :D[/color]
[/quote]

how long is the hose though? [color=#ff0000]Are you serious? This is actually really funny[/color]
[/quote]

Just saying, until there is a factual and substantial basis for the claim it is a completely frivolous marketing method that, in the minds of myself and others, is both unethical and false.
  • Upvote 4

[quote name='KasbahBazaar' timestamp='1329584127' post='539449']
[quote name='Coyote' timestamp='1329581674' post='539448']
I'm confused, if its the lack of distance between bowl and hose that gives the big buzz, wouldn't my Mya petite give me the same[b] huge[/b] buzz? [color=#ff0000]LOL :D[/color]
[/quote]

how long is the hose though? [color=#ff0000]Are you serious? This is actually really funny[/color]
[/quote]

Just saying, until there is a factual and substantial basis for the claim it is a completely frivolous marketing method that, in the minds of myself and others, is both unethical and false.
[/quote]
First sensible post. Rep for you sir Edited by S3cretz

[quote name='Chreees' timestamp='1329275393' post='539046']
I wish Eric would join in on this discussion, but I know he's a busy man. He would have all the answers.
[/quote]

Well I smoke to THE MAN himself today for awhile on the physics of the Goza. Turns out its not magic :/ There is a scientific reason for the increased buzz associated with the Goza.

Question: Why is there an increased buzz when smoking out of a Goza?

Answer: The short distance from the bowl to the body leads to an increased buzz along with the chemical composition of the pathway.

Facts:
-Carbon Monoxide (CO) produced by vaporizing tobacco gives the user a buzz along with nicotine.
-Copper and Brass (which is a Copper alloy) interact with CO and cause a chemical reaction with turns CO into Carbon Dioxide (CO2)
- CO2 does not cause a buzz
- A narrow pathway means more surface area over the vapor
- A longer pathway gives particles a chance to reconstitute and settle in the pathway before reaching the body
- Higher heat vaporizes more particles
- Leather cools vapor

In a KM Goza, CO from vaporized hookah tobacco reacts very little with the metal in the pipe, does not react at all in the bamboo, and the vaporized materials have less time to reconstitute (therefore the vaporized particles do not get caught in the pipe/water/bamboo).

In a typical hookah pipe there is a longer pathway which gives the particles an opportunity to get reconstituted and settle before reaching the body. If the stem is made of Copper/Brass the CO will turn into CO2 and loose buzz causing properties. In addition, some hoses are made with metal coils that may further react with the CO containing vapor and increase the CO2 that reaches the body while diminishing the CO. Further, the more narrow a stem and/or hose the more surface area touches the vapor.

So if you are smoking out of a taller pipe the opportunity for "buzz causing vapor" to reach the body is reduced. It is further reduced if you are using a hose with coils containing metal that reacts with CO. If you are smoking out of a pipe that also has a stem containing a Copper/Brass the buzz causing vapor reacts even more and causes less buzz. The more narrow the vapors pathway is through the Copper/Brass stem/hose the more reaction it will have with the end result being less of a buzz.

If you replace a hose containing a reactive metal with a leather hose the reactivity goes down but the leather aids in cooling the vapor and reconstituting the particles allowing them to solidify and get caught in the hose.

Materials used in the pipe and hose potentially filter the vapor more than the water itself.

Question: How does this affect flavor?

Answer: Some flavor compounds are reactive with Copper/Brass and will lose their potency when they interact. Additionally, some flavor particles will reconstitute given the longer pathway and not be able to reach the body. Flavors used for hookah tobacco contain many compounds with various chemical profiles. Therefor flavor profiles are variable as the different modes of delivery are changed.
  • Upvote 1

Glad we have the proof from one of the most reliable people in the business.

(null)