Alice In Wonderland

r1v3th3ad

hmm. I've been waiting to see a trailer for a bit now. I don't know what I think. Could be really cheesy but the cast stands alone. And Alan Rickman voices the caterpillar which is just awesome.

QUOTE (r1v3th3ad @ Jul 24 2009, 03:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiPR6kA4_iU

ZOMG I need new underwear now...but the time wait for the release sucks, its like trying to get into a new girlfriend's pants. Wonder what kind of hookah the caterpillar will have, thats what I want to know now

That was my first thought when I saw the trailer yesterday!

QUOTE (Stuie @ Jul 24 2009, 03:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (r1v3th3ad @ Jul 24 2009, 03:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiPR6kA4_iU

ZOMG I need new underwear now...but the time wait for the release sucks, its like trying to get into a new girlfriend's pants. Wonder what kind of hookah the caterpillar will have, thats what I want to know now

That was my first thought when I saw the trailer yesterday!

i think because this is going to be such a strange movie over the original and more vibrant hes going to use something very artistic and modern.

I love alice in wonderland.

my last fav. version was an 80's version of Lewis Carrol's(sp?) Alice Through The Looking Glass, with Jabberwocky and all...would give me nightmares, and I watched it about 1000 times anyways. It was the only movie in the video player.

Omg.....and anyways, my eyes teared up with happiness over this, specially knowing Johnny Depp is in it. MmmmMmmm....two great things put together.

And my eyes are welling up right now...I'M SO EXCITED ZOMG!!!!!

*jumps up and down*

I was excited until I saw this trailer. Looks very fake, and hokey.. I was hoping for something dark, much more akin to the Alice video game.. But it looks like its going to be a goofy spoof.. I dunno, maybe the trailer doesn't do it justice, but I'm worried..

Here's to waiting for The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus!!!!!

QUOTE (Barnaby @ Jul 25 2009, 10:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was excited until I saw this trailer. Looks very fake, and hokey.. I was hoping for something dark, much more akin to the Alice video game.. But it looks like its going to be a goofy spoof.. I dunno, maybe the trailer doesn't do it justice, but I'm worried..

That's pretty much what I thought, when Disney is at the helm we can't expect anything too dark.

Also guys it's Tim Burton we speak of...I have a very hard time believing he/they would use an existing hookah design. Probably something fantastical and somewhat whimsical.

You know what be the coolest thing.....

Finding a Theatre to let the Hookah Forum Rent it out for a showing and we can all bring our Hookahs.... OH YEAH THAT WOULD BE THE AWESOMEST HF GET TOGETHER EVER!

QUOTE (Stuie @ Jul 25 2009, 12:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Finding a Theatre to let the Hookah Forum Rent it out for a showing and we can all bring our Hookahs.... OH YEAH THAT WOULD BE THE AWESOMEST HF GET TOGETHER EVER!

Agreed!

I'm pretty excited about this movie but I do remain skeptical about the end result, maybe it'll be bad. I hope it doesn't.

Looking forward to seeing the original re imagined though, great setting to toy with.

I wouldn't mind it being fantastical and whimsical. I just saw a trailer and yes, it's somewhat colorful, still looks a bit dark to me, but what do I know. lol...anyways...it's alice in wonderland, not alice in gothland happy.gif

and it's an *imaginary* place...aka...not real...is it supposed to look real by our standards as adults? It's fantastical.

I would love to be able to go to a theater that we as a forum rent out smile.gif

And lastly, yes, damnit, that's one hell of a wait sad.gif

QUOTE (Stuie @ Jul 25 2009, 10:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

BEST IDEA EVER!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE (Jeff_T @ Jul 25 2009, 01:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Maybe a Medusa? Just watched the trailer and it should be fun. My gf is stoked

thats what I was thinking too lol

QUOTE (Vampy6997 @ Jul 25 2009, 02:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I love alice in wonderland.

my last fav. version was an 80's version of Lewis Carrol's(sp?) Alice Through The Looking Glass, with Jabberwocky and all...would give me nightmares, and I watched it about 1000 times anyways. It was the only movie in the video player.

Omg.....and anyways, my eyes teared up with happiness over this, specially knowing Johnny Depp is in it. MmmmMmmm....two great things put together.

And my eyes are welling up right now...I'M SO EXCITED ZOMG!!!!!

*jumps up and down*

youtube it, I want to see it...please

QUOTE (Barnaby @ Jul 25 2009, 10:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Here's to waiting for The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus!!!!!

I think it was g4 comicon coverage that had Tim Burton talking about it...its supposed to be 10 years later. Alice is 19 and to be married. She has forgotten all about wonderland. She runs off, not wanting to get married and ends up in wonderland again.
QUOTE (ColibriDon @ Jul 25 2009, 03:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Stuie @ Jul 25 2009, 12:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Agreed!

I'm pretty excited about this movie but I do remain skeptical about the end result, maybe it'll be bad. I hope it doesn't.

Looking forward to seeing the original re imagined though, great setting to toy with.

I would definately pitch the money necessary

I think this is a movie that would be perfect for the cell-shaded style animation. If you ever watched A Scanner Darkly, it was great. The animation really tied together the freaky animated creatures and the live-action acting.

Meh. Jonny Depp, no long excited about it. Gogo Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 1!

QUOTE (Vampy6997 @ Jul 25 2009, 07:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (r1v3th3ad @ Jul 25 2009, 06:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
youtube it, I want to see it...please

Youtube me jumping up and down almost in tears? LOLLLLL

You know how bad I want to make a perverted comment about this?? Remember that ending scene of The Mans Show with the girls jumping on the trampoline?

• 3 months later...