Acclimation Issues With Tangiers By Sonthert

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bandito: Horchata does kinda smell like that sometimes.

No flavor but big clouds is caused by an increase in humidity.

For fun, on a subsequent sample, open the tobacco for 4 (or 2 hours) hours of acclimation before the time you'd smoke rather than during....closing it at the time you'd normally smoke.

Momatik, Mattarios, are you using a Mya?

I think I hit MONNAAYYYY it may be to early to tell..... I just took 3 puffs and it taste just like it smells I packed way less then I was. About HALF then I was no tickle massive clouds great taste. Hopefully I dont jinx my self with this post.

I have been doing 4/20 acclimation. About the 2nd day I noticed the great smell of passion fruit. I would let it sit out for about an hour or two before I smoked every time. I would get some flavor but not much into the session my 1-3 times into it. My 4th time I packed way less and am getting great results. Edited by newjacksm

imma give it a go again in a couple more days, and pack a lot less than what I have been doing. At first I was packing like the photos in this thread i posted and i got the most smoke and smooth smoke at that. So imma tinker with that in a couple days and see what happens ... cross your fingers!

Well, I've tried a couple bowls with cactus fruit, and one with k-cherry. My setup was done using the foil test method on a large phunnel, smoked with 2-4 golden canaries. Each time the smoke makes me want to cough, but my girlfriend's throat isn't irritated at all. Could it be something in the ingredients that I might be mildly allergic to?

QUOTE (Ralleac @ Sep 9 2009, 04:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, I've tried a couple bowls with cactus fruit, and one with k-cherry. My setup was done using the foil test method on a large phunnel, smoked with 2-4 golden canaries. Each time the smoke makes me want to cough, but my girlfriend's throat isn't irritated at all. Could it be something in the ingredients that I might be mildly allergic to?

Funny you say that, lately I have been coughing like crazy from tangiers. I have been coughing way before this test but I wasnt coughing when I first tried tangiers. Probably started happening around May 09 or a little before that. I thought it was something that was going to pass. It surely hasn't..I thought it was my packing method but I dont think it is. I am hackin up loogies. . I am coughing so hard there is some blood but nothing crazy probably from irritating my throat from how heavy my cough is. It's been happening only when I smoke tangiers. Not anything else I smoke which include rolling tobacco, nakhla and Fantasia and AF. Edited by newjacksm

QUOTE (newjacksm @ Sep 9 2009, 01:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Funny you say that, lately I have been coughing like crazy from tangiers. I have been coughing way before this test but I wasnt coughing when I first tried tangiers. Probably started happening around May 09 or a little before that. I thought it was something that was going to pass. It surely hasn't..I thought it was my packing method but I dont think it is. I am hackin up loogies. . I am coughing so hard there is some blood but nothing crazy probably from irritating my throat from how heavy my cough is. It's been happening only when I smoke tangiers. Not anything else I smoke which include rolling tobacco, nakhla and Fantasia and AF.

I had the same thing happen to me... I spent three hours at a local 24 hour korean spa and was 100% cured....

QUOTE (Sonthert @ Sep 9 2009, 02:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Perhaps your girlfriend hits it easier than you do.

I would say back the coals off a tad...see what happens.

It irritates my throat even if I cut the golden canaries into halves and take weak pulls. I don't think it is a heat issue. It could be acclimation, but the tobacco smells delicious. I'll try to get some pics up for suggestions on packing differently but I need to borrow a camera first.

QUOTE (Hookie The Hookah @ Sep 9 2009, 10:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Funny you say that, lately I have been coughing like crazy from tangiers. I have been coughing way before this test but I wasnt coughing when I first tried tangiers. Probably started happening around May 09 or a little before that. I thought it was something that was going to pass. It surely hasn't..I thought it was my packing method but I dont think it is. I am hackin up loogies. . I am coughing so hard there is some blood but nothing crazy probably from irritating my throat from how heavy my cough is. It's been happening only when I smoke tangiers. Not anything else I smoke which include rolling tobacco, nakhla and Fantasia and AF.

I had the same thing happen to me... I spent three hours at a local 24 hour korean spa and was 100% cured....

I think a lot of people dont realize that you dont smoke hookah as you would a cigarette.

Moreover, you smoke hookah similarly to a cigar, you inhale about 10-30% no more. Furthermore, when inhaling dont cover the mouthpiece completely with your lips, leave room to draw in air with the smoke by holding the mouth piece to about 10-15 degrees from your lips, instead of the traditional perpendicular angle of a cigarette. Not only do you get enhanced flavor [since taste is directly correlated to smell] also, you arent breathing in complete smoke when your body wants oxygen as well.

lol for some of you that wont make sense, but for the scientific types its completely understandable dance.gif Edited by beachkidcb

Wow.. that took me a while to read.
Just wanted to know, these acclimatation issues, are they ONLY with OG. I mean Lucid smokes well straight outa the pack right?
Also I live Perth , Aus. Its raining all the time at the moment (just coming outa winter into spring), always cloudy, and like 11 degrees in the day. To me this is freeze your butt off cold temp.
Would OG smoke well in these cirumstances? Or should I wait till it heaps up a bit.
That said,
Eric would you be able to descibe an accurate temp range and relative humidity for smoking great tangiers smile.gif ... I'm willing to buy a damn barometer to get this stuff to work 100% of the time like the reviews I read about it!! Edited by arzan87

QUOTE (beachkidcb @ Sep 10 2009, 08:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Hookie The Hookah @ Sep 9 2009, 10:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think a lot of people dont realize that you dont smoke hookah as you would a cigarette.

Moreover, you smoke hookah similarly to a cigar, you inhale about 10-30% no more. Furthermore, when inhaling dont cover the mouthpiece completely with your lips, leave room to draw in air with the smoke by holding the mouth piece to about 10-15 degrees from your lips, instead of the traditional perpendicular angle of a cigarette. Not only do you get enhanced flavor [since taste is directly correlated to smell] also, you arent breathing in complete smoke when your body wants oxygen as well.

lol for some of you that wont make sense, but for the scientific types its completely understandable dance.gif

I think you're overthinking it. A lot. It's this simple: put the mouth piece in your mouth and inhale. Where did you get 10-30% from? I inhale the entire hit with my mouth closed around the mouth piece. I get huge clouds and massive flavor.

QUOTE (Hookie The Hookah @ Sep 10 2009, 05:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (newjacksm @ Sep 9 2009, 03:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Korean Spa? what do you do at this Korean Spa?

Sit in saunas, hot tubs, heated pools, and humidity free hot rooms (some of which are at 170 degrees)...

As far as I could tell I sweat out everything that was ailing me within a 3 hour period. It was great...

huh.gif

QUOTE (arzan87 @ Sep 10 2009, 05:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow.. that took me a while to read.
Just wanted to know, these acclimatation issues, are they ONLY with OG. I mean Lucid smokes well straight outa the pack right?
Also I live Perth , Aus. Its raining all the time at the moment (just coming outa winter into spring), always cloudy, and like 11 degrees in the day. To me this is freeze your butt off cold temp.
Would OG smoke well in these cirumstances? Or should I wait till it heaps up a bit.
That said,
Eric would you be able to descibe an accurate temp range and relative humidity for smoking great tangiers smile.gif ... I'm willing to buy a damn barometer to get this stuff to work 100% of the time like the reviews I read about it!!

It will to 99,999999% work great, remember that the people with issues are the ones you "hear"/see the most.

Yes I noticed when I had 2 coals and a wind cover it smoked really well and impressive flavor but still that slight tickle.
The most flavor I've ever got and the tobacco smelled ready to go which I've never had.
I'll try again tomorrow.