Be On The Lookout For Counterfeit Goods.

So dreamz and potion are passing thermselves off as SB? or they are merely trying to compete with them? I'm not sur ei understand the connection.

As for the fake 3 kings, were they in a 3 king box or did they say something else?

I'm certainly no fan of counterfeiting goods, but competition is another thing.....

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont smoke either, or use 3 kings QLs. Thats still shitty for the real companies, and its a dick move on the part of the guy selling them. He has prob turned off countless people on hookah by supplying shitty stuff with a brand name making them think it sucks =(

QUOTE (Bulldog_916 @ Mar 10 2008, 03:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
MN sells Potion tobacco. I'm curious what their take is on this.

Potion Tobacco

Hey guys,

Im not really sure what DPG is reffering to but when i orderd potion they never said anything about it being starbuzz or anything like that. All i know about potion tobacco is that it is good stuff. We will be sending samples out this month of it as supplies last with every order.So you guys can try for your self.

Thanks all ,

Tarik
MNH

I am slammed like a basketball

I will get pics. But in short they are selling exact well as close at they can make counterfits.

It says 3 kings it thats label etc... Yopu guys will have to see this later today.

QUOTE (mushrat @ Mar 10 2008, 09:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So dreamz and potion are passing thermselves off as SB? or they are merely trying to compete with them? I'm not sur ei understand the connection.

As for the fake 3 kings, were they in a 3 king box or did they say something else?

I'm certainly no fan of counterfeiting goods, but competition is another thing.....

whatup,
i couldnt help signin up n commentin to all yall hooka smokers when i heard da talk bout potion shisha. i been smokin potions 4 da past month n its pretty good stuff so far tried 6 flavors, gotta try minty lemon n turkish delight. i bought it from differnt shops n none tried to sell as SB. no disrespect to SB its also good.

ay neil, what potion flavor did u not like?

cb

QUOTE (chuckb21 @ Mar 10 2008, 02:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
whatup,
i couldnt help signin up n commentin to all yall hooka smokers when i heard da talk bout potion shisha. i been smokin potions 4 da past month n its pretty good stuff so far tried 6 flavors, gotta try minty lemon n turkish delight. i bought it from differnt shops n none tried to sell as SB. no disrespect to SB its also good.

cb

How many times a day do you need watering?

QUOTE (gaia.plateau @ Mar 10 2008, 03:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (chuckb21 @ Mar 10 2008, 02:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
whatup,

cb

How many times a day do you need watering?

+1 lol

Neal, can you clarify, what is the rip off of starbuzz? was there actually a brand named starbuzz there or something?

Let's all be real here, we all know Neil is only doing this to undermine Tarik's business! It's like the Ohio Democratic Primary ALL OVER AGAIN!!!

Just kidding. laugh.gif Let him post and we'll see what this is about. Edited by Bulldog_916

thats crazy at least i buy all my stuff from HS and a place down the street that has the real deal cuz i've compared.

To be honest I would buy knock offs if and only if I knew it was up to quality w/ its original product. I live in nyc and a lot of people here thrive on counterfeit items (dvds, music, bags for women, shoes, cologne, etc). I personally rather pay 5 bucks for a cologne that smells the same as that 50$ cologne. Its called competition which is a GOOD thing. But then when you have shitty counterfeits thats when they cross the line, for instance thoes Chinese made hookahs. 90% of them are made out of cheap shitty material and end up rusting. But in the end, I see where that guy is coming from selling counterfeits , if its as good as 3 kings and starbuzz why not buy it?

QUOTE (Canon @ Mar 10 2008, 05:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
its about taking the name. its like a vendor out there selling normal ejyptians and calling them KM's. imagine how quickly that vendor would get a bad rap.

KMs have a name stamp on them dont they? But mislabeling somthing and creating somthing of quality under a different name is 2 different things, starbuzz is starbuzz but if i create the same tobacco and sell it at a fraction and name it starfuzz who wins?

QUOTE (speel @ Mar 10 2008, 03:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
To be honest I would buy knock offs if and only if I knew it was up to quality w/ its original product. I live in nyc and a lot of people here thrive on counterfeit items (dvds, music, bags for women, shoes, cologne, etc). I personally rather pay 5 bucks for a cologne that smells the same as that 50$ cologne. Its called competition which is a GOOD thing. But then when you have shitty counterfeits thats when they cross the line, for instance thoes Chinese made hookahs. 90% of them are made out of cheap shitty material and end up rusting. But in the end, I see where that guy is coming from selling counterfeits , if its as good as 3 kings and starbuzz why not buy it?

No that is not called competition! Competition is when you try to meet your customers needs in a way that is superior to your competitors so that they choose your product over the other guys. Selling knockoffs is fraudulent and deceitful! So instead of serving your customers by providing a superior service or product your screwing them over.

QUOTE (speel @ Mar 10 2008, 04:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
its about taking the name. its like a vendor out there selling normal ejyptians and calling them KM's. imagine how quickly that vendor would get a bad rap.

KMs have a name stamp on them dont they? But mislabeling somthing and creating somthing of quality under a different name is 2 different things, starbuzz is starbuzz but if i create the same tobacco and sell it at a fraction and name it starfuzz who wins?

Whether or not I agree or disagree with the statement you just made isn't the issue. He said imgaine if they're selling them as "KM's" NOT "KN's." They are knowingly trying to dupe the customer into buying a product that they believe to be the real thing. SO it would be like somebody selling fake Starbuzz as "Starbuzz" NOT "Starfuzz."

And if I'm not mistaken according to the report from Hookah Stop the knock off 3Ks look identical and are made to convince people that they are real 3Ks

QUOTE (speel @ Mar 10 2008, 05:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wow I'm sorry but i think you are missing the point
the box/can states it is starbuzz/3k. the chances of them having the exact same product with he same quality are slim to none. im sorry but a consumer deserves to be told the truth. no matter how you spin it. it is copyright infringement on the name AND the symbol, and lays false claim to the consume, no this isn't competition, AF to starbuzz is competition, this is wrong!