Favorite Mix Review

mushrat

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hookah: Mya Stem with unknown Base.
Bowl: Funnel Bowl
Hose: Mya Saray hose with the long wooden tip.
Tobacco: ½ Starbuzz Black Grape, ¾ Starbuzz Watermelon mixed. Filled to the top of the funnel with a little extra on the sides.
Foil: Heavy Duty Reynolds
Holes: One medium sized hole in the center, 12 holes around the outer edge.
Tobacco Condition: Very Wet and smelled FANTASTIC (like always)
Coals: Japanese style, three quarters spaced evenly around the bowl.
Smoke: Usually we would wait for the tobacco to warm up before we started puffing, we were all really anxious to see how the bowl smoked so we did not wait and went right to it. I must say only after three or four puffs the bowl was already smoking like a champ! Nice big white clouds. Since we were indoors, the smoke was PERFECT for O blowing contests. Haha
Flavor intensity/longevity: The flavor was AWESOME. Not only did it taste great, it lasted a very long time. The flavor never died down and was great until I took the bowl off. In fact, my friend was still trying to smoke it while I was taking it off. But alas, it was time to go home.
Time: 1 hour 45 minutes, 5 people smoking, 2 pipes
Clean Up: I took the bowl off and there was no gooey mess like there usually would be. There was no molasses dripping into the tray. When I emptied the bowl into the trash there was still a layer of unused tobacco, which was impressive.
All in all, this bowl was very impressive and well worth the money. Compared to any other bowl I give it a 9.50. The -.5 was because more coal dust got into the stem, which would make for more cleaning BUT it is easier to clean coal dust than molasses so only -.5. Perhaps a little direction on how to set up the holes on the bowl would be a great help. Other then that I have NO complaints.

I'm sorry, filling in the blanks is slow...

Mix of HH vanilla and Nakhla manderin

Mya QT set.
Finger coals.
Foil

The owner of the cafe mixed it for me so I don't know the %. I'll try it again at home. I've never smoked HH vanilla on its own. Nakhla manderin is one of my favorites.

First 30 minutes or so were pretty tasty. I think it needed soem more Vanilla, but what I ended up with was was kind of a creamy orange with a little hint of vanilla. The Vanilla seemed to have a smoothing effect on Nakhla, making it much easier to smoke. Other may want to try different oranges and vanilla's and see if they can come up with a better mix. Going for that Deamcicle taste.

Smoke density can always be good with the right heat. Buzz...not too bad, remember, it WAS nakhla... :wink:

Starbuzz Guava and Fumari White Peach

Smell/Flavor: smells like a mixture of both lol. Taste is pure hookah heaven! i mixed 70/30 more on the guava and it had a dominant guava taste with a peach undertone for most of the session. freakin awesome :D

Cut: N/A

Smoke: Nice and thick puffy clouds!!!!

Buzz: No buzz at all

Amount(approx)/Duration: hour and 45 mins.

Hookah Type: 27inch Syrian w/MYA Cloisonne Hose.

Bowl: Standard egyptian.

Foil/Screen: double foil (my foil is thin)

Coal/Amount: total of 3 canary coals. started with 2 added a 3rd worked wonders.

Liquid in Base: ice and h20

Overall satisfaction (scale 1 to 10): 10/10. i liked each flavor on its own alot but combined whoo boy. like i said hookah heaven. definitely recommend it if your tired of smokin straight flavors. guarenteed to hook your new hookah buddies!

Waha Peach and Nakhla Sweet Melon

It was about 50% each. I really like both of these on their own, and the mix was mighty good. Both flavors were equally strong, so it just sort of mixed into a melon peachy goodness, neither dominated. I will deffinitley smoke this again. Because it was waha and nakhla, the buzz was pretty intense too. My organic chemistry text seemed to be swimming around.

[b]Al Waha Orange Cream: 90%
Al Waha Mint: 10%[/b]

Using the funnel bowl, we placed a good amount of orange cream in the bottom, then we proceeded to add in some mint on top, and didnt really mix them. We let the bowl sit for a mintue, then started. At first it was all mint, but after a good 3 puffs it was starting to have a heavy orange cream flavour. Has to be one of my favorite mixes ive done.

Holy crap guys... I've found a killer mix - Spiced Apple / Spiced Peach. Here is the mix for the spice base -- I'm not exactly sure of the ratios but you'll get the idea. Once Tangiers releases Clove I'm gonna add that as well.
[b]
Nakhla Cinnamon 12%
Nakhla Cardamon 8%
Nakhla Mandarin Orange 10%
Tangiers Kashmir 10%

Use an apple or peach flavor for the other 60%. [/b]I've tried using AF Golden Eskandarani Apple, Nakhla Peach and Tangiers Juicy Peach.

I'm not sure, but I think 40% spice might be a bit too much, so in the future I'm gonna try less spice and more fruit. But I can't stop smoking this mix, it's just so damn good and perfect for the fall season. If you have the ingredients, I urge you to try it. Hell, if you don't have the ingredients, I urge you to buy them -- Nakhla Cinnamon is challenging Tangiers Kashmir for its spot as my favorite mixer.

• 3 weeks later...
Mix: 3/5 Romman Lemon, 2/5 Romman Rose

Junior 2 stem hookah
Reynolds foil
Easy-light coals, broken into 4 pieces
Icewater in base

This was amazing. The lemon tasted like a good lemon-poppyseed muffin, and the rose added a clean, sweet, subtle element. I was puffing like there was no tommorrow. Not too sweet, absolutely scrumptious.

Mix: 1 part tangiers choco
1/2 part tangiers mint
1 part tangiers raspberry

Set up:

syrian one hose hookah with tangiers standard bowl
foil just touching tobacco
2 diamante jap style coals cut in half placed around the rim
ice water in base

Layer in the tobacco mint on bottom, chocolate then raspberry on top

Once bowl heats up you wil get all three disctinct flavors. A refreshing fruity smoke with undertones of chocolate. Full bodied as you would expect from tangiers tobacco.

Oh man, I just discovered a mix at the local hookah bar here in Denver: Double Apple + Strawberry
I'm fairly certain that they use Al Waha, but I'm sure it will be good with other brands as well.
Anyhow, it's sort of an unexplainable flavor, so my 'review' doesn't consist of much other than strong encouragement to try this flavor. I think they use about a 50/50 mix there, try it out!

i love to mix some al fakher cherry with havana double apple (50/50).

setup:
Nargilem Giant Premium NP-620 Oriental Dream (a hookah made in germany[url="http://www.shisha-world.com/lshop,showdetail,12264,d,1162823247-12865,shisha-world.wasserpfeife.nargilem,1367,3,Tshowrub--shisha-world.wasserpfeife.nargilem,.htm"]http://www.shisha-world.com/lshop,showdeta...e.nargilem,.htm[/url])

tangiers large bowl, about 15g of shisha

4 foils, a lot of holes made with a neadle, 5 small pieces of cococha coal.

=> Heavy smoke, tasty, about an hour of smoking :P

Tangiers- Pottermelon *Mix*- Pear/Watermelon-
Pipe- The ones at Tangiers!
Smell- I have no idea, I didn’t pack the bowl
Bowl Used- I am guessing the regular Tangiers Bowl
Foil- I do believe Eric and is peeps use heavy duty
Coal Configuration- 4 Canary Coals to start the bowl off
Flavor/Longevity- my friends and I decided that they wanted a mix this time… And let me tell you it was amazing!!! Very sweet, Very Delicious!!! For all you Tangy fans out there you need to buy these two flavors and smoke them to make one of the best flavors I have ever smoked!!!! My friends ended up walking out of there with a mix of this.. And they have been smoking it since we got home. Although I didn’t sit and finish this bowl with them *had my own hookahs to smoke* it was mighty tasty.
9.5/10 *lost to .5 because my friend said the flavor died down a little towards the end*

• 2 weeks later...
the Arian

layalina
1/3 rasberry, 1/3 blueberry, 1/3 jasmine

Smell/Flavor: jus try it

Cut: typical layalina

Smoke: big white clouds

Buzz: no buzz, layalina doesnt do it for me in this category (not much does)

Amount(approx)/Duration: 1.5 hours

Hookah Type: 22" mya glass

Bowl: standard egyptian

Foil/Screen: heavy duty reynolds wrap

Coal/Amount: three kings

Liquid in Base: ice water

Overall satisfaction (scale 1 to 10): 9/10 it is good. it taste really good. i would give it a 10/10 if i could work up a buzz

still one of my favs

The Kingerly Stinger

layalina
1/3 rasberry 2/3 lemon

Smell/Flavor: like rasberry lemonade

Cut: typical layalina

Smoke: thick white clouds

Buzz: no buzz.. its layalina

Amount(approx)/Duration: a hour

Hookah Type: 22" mya glass

Bowl: standard egyptian

Foil/Screen: heavy duty reynolds wrap

Coal/Amount: three kings

Liquid in Base: ice water

Overall satisfaction (scale 1 to 10): 9/10 taste great, If you put lemonaide or lemon koolaid packets in the base it makes it a ton better Edited by ASUSEAN1

• 4 weeks later...
50% Nakhla Strawberry / 50% Nakhla Mint
Setup: 40" Egyptian hookah, 1 foil, 1 3Kings, water+coke+ice cubs in vase.
Smoke was thick and tasted really great. Nakhla Strawberry is not bad, but mixed with mint it really tastes better, IMO. I think I'll try more mixes with mint.

Yeager's Christmas Medley

60% Al Fakher Golden Black Grape
15% Nakhla Cardamon
15% (Any) Mint
10% Nakhla Cinnamon

Mmm, Christmasy...

Adding more Cardamon would probably make it even more wintery, but the above ratios are about what I tried and it was good.

I may have posted this in my F-Line Kashmir review post, but it needs to go here as well:

Kashmir Apricot

25-35% Tangiers F-Line Kashmir
65-75% Al Fakher Apricot

I prefer to drop the kashmir at the bottom of the bowl and layer the apricot on top. The kashmir flavor will still come through strong very quickly, while ensuring that you won't get too much weight from the Tangiers. The result is a very full bodied and balanced smoke -- you'll feel the nicotine and caffeine buzz, with a much lower chance of encountering the common Tangiers side effects (fatigue, lung destruction, depression, suicidal thoughts...)

edit: I'm back to emphasize that THIS MIX ROCKS. Do it...

So I had just a little Fumari blueberry left, about enough for 1/2 head, so I decided to mix it with pharos zesty orange, about 50/50. Definately a good mix, hits well, and definately has an interesting flavor, I definately suggest trying it!!

• 3 weeks later...
Margarita Shisha

Background notice: Went to a party... I brought some tequila and my hookah. Had a lil bit of Nakhla lemon....

Ok so I was sitting there wondering....how can we make this a smoke to remmeber when BAM it hit me..

Fill the bowl with lemon

put the water in the bowl..add a bit of tequila..not so much its hard to hit but enough... and add a slice of lime and ice

smoke was pretty good... i was lovin the kick it gave... BEST TASTE EVAR

Green Tea Madness (i came up with the mix my friend named it)

MYA Acrylic
Mya hose
knock-off jap style coals (easy-lites)
Mod bowl 20-25g

LAYALINA: %25 peach, %25 apricot, %25 strawberry, %25 blueberry.
(mix together well)

Ice cold Arizona green tea in the base.

Enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...
New mix i figured out last night:

40% fumari strawberry at the bottom of a funnel
60% Al Fakher-Golden Eskandarini Apple on top

One of the best mixes ive made made for a very tatsy smoke that lasted about an hour with 5 smokers. Edited by MrBubbler