Guess Which One Is The Mini Phunnel

which one is the mini phunnel  

94 members have voted

1. 1. guess. good luck

• the top one is a mini
    • the bottom one is a mini

one of these phunnels is a small phunnel and the other one is a mini phunnel.

can you guess which one is which?

is it the top one, or the bottom one?

good luck! laugh.gif

[attachment=3363:IMG00197.jpg] Edited by Dom

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

watch... i bet they are both smalls....hahahaha.

Top one with Celeroth Frost Top and Turbulent Indigo Bottom Leads me to custom color choice.

So Top is a mini....if not both.

I still say its the top... they are shaped slightly differently... the top one has a flat section right under the bowl that does not seem to be there on red one; and the red one has a ring of unpainted ceramics (?) at the bottom, that the one on the top does not seem to have.

It's the red one, pay attention to the very base of both where the color coating doesn't cover. The top one you can easily see it's pretty dirty and used, the bottom of the red one looks pretty new.

just check in doms pictures if he has a red phunnel anywhere. if not, its the red.

im inclined to go with red too. dont think ive seen a small in that specific shade of red before (of course it may still exist)

I think you all are missing the point. I think the point is that he's showing that the mini and the small e has are exactly the same size. And yes, issues with consistancy within sizes has been mentioned before. As stated many times, these are all HAND made and there are going to be variations.

QUOTE (mushrat @ Apr 3 2009, 10:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think you all are missing the point. I think the point is that he's showing that the mini and the small e has are exactly the same size. And yes, issues with consistancy within sizes has been mentioned before. As stated many times, these are all HAND made and there are going to be variations.

I reported that as soon as the boxes got to me.

Yeah everyone expects that but I suppose that doesn't make it less disappointing for most people, especially when the size difference isn't noticeable. I can see why one would be less than thrilled about it.

And the top one is the mini Edited by An1m

QUOTE (Stuie @ Apr 3 2009, 07:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
watch... i bet they are both smalls....hahahaha.

Top one with Celeroth Frost Top and Turbulent Indigo Bottom Leads me to custom color choice.

So Top is a mini....if not both.

I am going with the red one being the mini simply because I have a small Tangiers phunnel and it looks more like that one.

Stuie, when I was ordering my phunnel, they had several different phunnels that were dual colored. I was going to order the purple/black one, but forgot to specify that one when ordering and they sent me the brown one. Nonetheless, my small looks more like the top one. I don't really know where people find the minis except for the glass ones on MNH, so I don't really know what they are supposed to look like.

Edit: I am NOT trying to say you are wrong, as I honestly have no idea which is which and I know you are much more knowledgeable than I am when it comes to hookah, I was merely stating that the custom color choice doesn't mean its a mini as far I am am aware(correct me if I am wrong). Edited by delSol_si

I just got my first real Tangiers phunnel a couple of weeks ago and it looks like a mini next to the Chinese small one that I had before. It's difficult for me to see how the Tangiers phunnel I currently have could be any smaller.

I vote for the red one

QUOTE (An1m @ Apr 3 2009, 11:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah everyone expects that but I suppose that doesn't make it less disappointing for most people, especially when the size difference isn't noticeable. I can see why one would be less than thrilled about it.

And the top one is the mini

Some minis were a bit bigger but some small are also a bit mini. There is plenty of variation in the sizes due to them being handmade. My buddy's small phunnel is noticeably smaller than my former one.

yeah, i could understand the disappointment if you bought the mini to use less shisha. if you received a bowl the same size as your small, then basically just got a backup bowl.

now, if you bought the mini just because you wanted to say "i own a rare mini phunnel", then there's probably no complaints on your end.

but, yeah...that's just the roll of the dice with hand made products.

here's a hint:
the red one holds just a teeny-tiny bit more than the other one.

and another hint:
the red one is shorter

actually those aren't hints... they're just very interesting things to point out about them..............

more pics to come Edited by Dom