Dui

Gaara

QUOTE (sicklecow @ Mar 23 2007, 09:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Haha, why, you in trouble? wink.gif

But no, and I've never drove intoxicated either. And neither should anyone. Ever.

AGREED!!!!

Honestly.. I wish every person that drove drunk would be freakin sent to jail... like any other scumb bag!!

Not only are you endangering yourself.. but EVERYONE around you...

Including that pregnant women sitting at the bus stop....
Or that lil kid out riding his bike!!

hahaha

I dunno, driving even buzzed pisses me off...

If you are going some where and know you are going to be drinking a F*ing ride.. it's not that hard.!!

Some of my friends have had DUI's.... some of my family as well. I lost a cousin due to drunk driving.

Lately, a ex-coworker that kept in touch got her THIRD DUI. No more driving period. She has to ride a bike. She is going to do jail time.

Worse than running with scissors.

Wow...

I could forgive one DUI...... hahah I too have a cousin that has gotten one, and known a few people to get one..

But three.....

THREE.....

she deserves to stay in jail!! haha that's just stupid.

I've been drinking and driving a couple of times before... but it was on private property. My good friend owns tons of land and lives next to a junk yard. They have a mini-race track built out back for four wheelers and dirt bikes and the like. They went down to the junkyard and bought about a couple of cars and drove them down to the dirt tracks where we proceded to play an informal game of demolition derby... with BEER. It was amazing. And stupid. Basically we had the transmitions redone so it had 3 gears; reverse, neutral/park (w/e-brake) and first gear. The six of us took turns driving and mixing up different games such as only driving in reverse and trying to knock each other into a creek bed. It was stupid, but fun and makes for a good story.

Under no circumstances were we endangering anyone's lives but our own (and not by much since the cars were pretty slow) and it was completely on private property with NO TRESSPASSING signs posted to keep out nosy people.

But no, I've never had a DUI. My roommate's sister did. She plead no contest and ony had to do community service. Try to do research and contact a lawyer (not an ambulance chaser) about what you should do. It may be expensive, but worth it.

I plead no contest to a due, probably a mistake, cause they never found me actually "in" the car, so I could have used the defense someone else was driving.

The bummer part of it was I got the mail stating I was going to be arrested for DUI like 1-2 weeks before the statute of limitations ended.

The only thing that sucked was I was a very independant person, especially about driving, and not being able to drive anywhere for a year really sucked. I could go into more details, maybe later if Im' bored.

Brother had one. Lost his license for a year but never went to get it for 3. He had to have his own insurance, pay for driving school, and pay the fine for his license back. He just held off till he graduated college and needed a car again for work. Even then he went for a year just using the bus to get to DC for his job.

I do know a guy who is mid 30s and has 3 DUIs. First when he was 17, the next when he was around 23 and the last one 5 months ago. He may have jail time when he goes in for court. But he has since given up all alcohol because nothing good has come from it for him.

I have a friend who's doing time right now for a DUI and without a license. Be careful! I was drinking last night and I got some one to drive my car home for me, If there's no way to find a ride home, sleep in your car or call a taxi... Taxi's are a BITCH but still way better than going to jail for a DUI

QUOTE (The King @ Mar 27 2007, 04:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have a friend who's doing time right now for a DUI and without a license. Be careful! I was drinking last night and I got some one to drive my car home for me, If there's no way to find a ride home, sleep in your car or call a taxi... Taxi's are a BITCH but still way better than going to jail for a DUI

The above quote re:sleep in car.

This may only apply to the uk.

However being in your car whilst over the limit is a prosecutable offence and is treated exactly the same
as drink-driving. Their has been documentable cases where someone has slept in their car, to be woken by plod, breath tested and arrested.

Be carefull out there.

JD

QUOTE (Johnny_D @ Mar 27 2007, 12:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

However being in your car whilst over the limit is a prosecutable offence and is treated exactly the same
as drink-driving. Their has been documentable cases where someone has slept in their car, to be woken by plod, breath tested and arrested.

Be carefull out there.

JD

Sleep in your trunk then. tongue.gif Just leave one of the back seats down so you can climb out.

Me and my friends left one of my close friends at a party since I was drunk myself (not driving) and didn't think about him at that time. Police stopped him and since he's 20, he's kind of screwed right now. He's probably going to get probation before judgment since it's his first.

my dumbass friend got a DUI recently. It varies in most states but as long as he didn't cause endangerment he will get a class A misdemeanor DUI. He will lose his license for 6 months, pay some fines, and take some AA class, along with probation. Just make sure your friend doesn't do something stupid like break probation, or even twice like my friend has. Now he has two 1000 dollar drinking tickets for breaking his probation and faces losing his license for 5 years and there is always a possibility of going to jail. More in likely he will be sent to rehab, lose his license for tht time and not get jail time but its still a stupid situation that could have been avoided.

QUOTE (Johnny_D @ Mar 27 2007, 11:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Be carefull out there.

JD

Damn I've never heard of that, getting a DUI for Sleeping Under the Influence...I'd be pissed

• 1 month later...
my dad almost got one...he was drunk and was telling me he was going home....i was like...you wanna try? he was saying oh its ok...its just around the corner...basically i held hhim back...put him on the couch...he passed out like 2 minutes after hahaha. i may only be 14 however being in germany ive learned...if im gonna go out partying i can always take a taxi!! and they say kids drinking under 21 is bad...all it did was teach me what i should and shouldnt do...but thats for another serious discussion topic