Starbuzz: Quality Control?

Don't get me wrong I love starbuzz and have a few tins hanging around. laugh.gif But I am surprised at their quality control with their flavorings. For instance their Mint Chocolate. 2 tins, ordered within 2 weeks of each other. 1 tin is dyed red and has a strong chocolate taste with mint in the background. Tin number 2 is dyed green and has a strong mint taste with chocolate in the background. I understand flavors can never be perfect, but what is up with the multiple color dyes? Same issue with peach, 2 tins both tasting different.

I have never had this issue with Layalina or Tangiers. Packs have been ordered months apart and they taste exactly alike. I know Tang takes his work seriously and keeps his quality control in tabs but I would expect Starbuzz, who is pushing Tin after Tin out the door to have made a perfect recipe by now for their flavors. Not that I am going to stop smoking Starbuzz, but I still wish they would fix this. I dont enjoy playing guessing games if my next tin will be the same as my last.

QUOTE (Scheetz @ Feb 20 2007, 05:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Don't get me wrong I love starbuzz and have a few tins hanging around. laugh.gif But I am surprised at their quality control with their flavorings. For instance their Mint Chocolate. 2 tins, ordered within 2 weeks of each other. 1 tin is dyed red and has a strong chocolate taste with mint in the background. Tin number 2 is dyed green and has a strong mint taste with chocolate in the background. I understand flavors can never be perfect, but what is up with the multiple color dyes? Same issue with peach, 2 tins both tasting different.

I have never had this issue with Layalina or Tangiers. Packs have been ordered months apart and they taste exactly alike. I know Tang takes his work seriously and keeps his quality control in tabs but I would expect Starbuzz, who is pushing Tin after Tin out the door to have made a perfect recipe by now for their flavors. Not that I am going to stop smoking Starbuzz, but I still wish they would fix this. I dont enjoy playing guessing games if my next tin will be the same as my last.

If your going to charge a higher price for supposed quality. I would hope this company would get it together. Want to get it together. If your always shelling out the big bucks for Star Buzz. Least they could do is make sure that its good and the same recipe also the same color too. I personally hate the Colors in shisha. but that my gig.
Smiley biggrin.gif

QUOTE (smiley @ Feb 20 2007, 11:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Scheetz @ Feb 20 2007, 05:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If your going to charge a higher price for supposed quality. I would hope this company would get it together. Want to get it together. If your always shelling out the big bucks for Star Buzz. Least they could do is make sure that its good and the same recipe also the same color too. I personally hate the Colors in shisha. but that my gig.
Smiley biggrin.gif

I know what you mean about the colors in the shisha. I have a bad habit of using my jeans as a towel when im in a hurry...needless to say i have a couple pair with red and green smudges on them.

On the topic though. I havent personally had this problem with starbuzz...yet...but i havent bought the same kind of any of them yet. Im still trying to expand my flavor horizons. You would think though that the supposed uber premium shisha would be much more consistent

I haven't smoked enough Starbuzz or bought any one flavor more than once, so I can't really comment. I do notice a large difference between the small sample of SB Peach I received last April and the SB Peach I recently bought in a 250g tub, but I can't really draw any conclusions from that.

I don't doubt that they could have quality control and consistency issues though.

QUOTE (smiley @ Feb 20 2007, 05:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Smiley biggrin.gif

agreed. I think you can get such better tobaccos for under 20 bucks. It almost seems too like 'new' and 'hip' i think. Almost like a trendy brand of shisha. I just dont think id be comfortable smoking something like starbuzz, i think ill stick with the classics myself Edited by [LB]

starbuzz is a really good tobacco in my opinion. I thought it was a trend, which is why i was reluctant to spend 20 bucks on a tin. but for 20 bucks they really need to get it together. I have bought 2 tins of wildberry mint. one was straight mint with a hint of berry, and the other was wildberry with a smidge of mint. but even considering this, the tobacco still SMOKES the same. the flavors really should be accurate and they should get the recipes straight across the board.

also they should ditch the dyes.

but even considering, starbuzz is one of the best you can buy due to the way it smokes. maybe not for buzz but for user friendlyness, and smoothness.

i just wish that:

#1 they would come out with 50gram packs
#2 get their recipes down

starbuzz sort of reminds me of that hyper shisha emirates had on havana a long time ago, anyone remember that? they claimed it was double the price because it was better, i believe mushrat got free samples and disagreed. i think this is sort of along the same line, throw a product out there tell them its 10x better and charge twice as much and see if they pay up. with shisha emirates it didnt work out to well....seams like social smoke hit the jackpot tho. but from what i hear its great shisha but seriously 20bucks for 250g?

I'm with Molson on this one...Starbuzz has always seemed like a pusher to me in that aspect...they seem to love to scream about how nice it is...and honestly, the whole "exotic" label before all their flavors is just irritating. Romman always seemed that way to me too, but they are taking steps to improve things, so I can't complain to much...

I also have to agree with the dyes, sometimes companies just get silly. Like havana, I like a few of their flavors, but all their tobacco is this sickly red color. I thought it was funny when I ordered Havana Lemon, and it was still that damn red color, lol

QUOTE (Macho555 @ Feb 21 2007, 12:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm with Molson on this one...Starbuzz has always seemed like a pusher to me in that aspect...they seem to love to scream about how nice it is...and honestly, the whole "exotic" label before all their flavors is just irritating. Romman always seemed that way to me too, but they are taking steps to improve things, so I can't complain to much...

I also have to agree with the dyes, sometimes companies just get silly. Like havana, I like a few of their flavors, but all their tobacco is this sickly red color. I thought it was funny when I ordered Havana Lemon, and it was still that damn red color, lol

Al Fakher, too. I don't mind it, though. Better than some nasty brown, red makes it more appealing, I think.

I believe that the lounge I smoke at uses starbuzz and I have enjoyed almost all of the flavors i have smoked there. My favorite being orange. I bought some from the lounge and they had starbuzz written on the container so i assume it is starbuzz. The only problem is that i am not getting it to hit as well as it does at the bar and it seems like it is burning through really fast so i dont know what to do... Any Ideas?

I am also put off by color added to shisha . Starbuzz smokes great, costs plenty and has a wide following. Romman gives at least the same quality, imho without the added color. They use real honey. It won't save you any money, but you can avoid food colors and still get a first class smoke. I have tried their peach and lemon and was very impressed.

oo i like romman though, its expensive but ive never had a bad romman session. Always tastes nice and natural, really clean white clouds, and lets be honest hear, romman isnt a super trendy tobacco with a crazy tin box and all that, its pretty DL .I still dont buy alot cause of the price, i can get comprable quality with AF or Layalina at half the price.

personally, after starbuzz its hard to smoke alfaqher...

starbuzz without a doubt has the best flavor of any hookah mix. Romman (which i tried twice) was also good but seemed dry when I got it.

Personally, I can't get near Nakhla. I try and it makes me sick. The flavors are bad, and its always dry.

I feel like you get what you pay for. I'll spend more money for what I feel is a better flavor. (Although I don't like Starbuzz minty mixes at all)