Carbonated Beverage In Base?

So I have some AF Cola laying around.. and I have some coke in fridge... so I figured what the hell... lets go for it.

To start, I put in a whole tray of ice cubes... then 2 cans of chilled coke, followed by chilled (and filtered through a brita I might add!) water.

I got a semi brown looking substance that was quite fizzy! After getting the bowl going, I noticed it kinda tasted like a coke icee, and that the coke in the base really made a difference.

I didn't get so much carbonation from the coke. Don't get me wrong, I burped a bit, but overall, it was like the co2 in the coke enhanced the whole smoking experience.

Anyone else try this?

I've smoked out of my hookah with Rockstar in the base before, didnt have any water, and my buddy gets cases of the stuff for free, so we tryed it, had a slight energy drink taste. Carbonation didn't seem to have an effect on the smoke itself, would have been better if we put ice in the base. I wouldn't waste good soda on it though.

Now Layalina Lemon in the bowl with some lemonade in the base definately brings out the lemon taste, or even better a lemon bowl with lemon shisha and lemonade in the base, at our old hookah bar Up in Smoke in Moreno Valley it was called the Lemon Lemon Lemon.

I only ever tried to put a carbonated drink in my vase once, and with my stupidity managed to make it fizz up into my hookah...after that I never tried again. Though Monster Khaos mixed with Tangiers Orange Soda sounds like it would be awesome.

I've done coke with cola shisha before- it was nothing but coke in the base however. At first we didn't flatten the coke, and when wee tried to smoke it felt like a burning sensation on the throat. However, when we went back and flattened out the coke it was a monster flavor- much more than just cola with water in the vase. That was my experience at least...

QUOTE (b1m9x @ Feb 19 2007, 04:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Would the CO2 content in the soda be enough to give you CO2 poisening, especially since you will be inhaling the gases as the bubbles from the hookah would irrate the soda causing it to fizz?

that would be CO (carbon monoxide) not CO2 (carbon dioxide) that you have to be worried about...

One night at a friends party we used Bacardi O, orange rum, in the base. Best hookah buzz ever.

QUOTE (benmandude @ Feb 19 2007, 07:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Does alcohol in the base actually work. Does it give an intoxicating effect.

Yes it does, you get a slight buzz from it, and the cold/hot sensation of drinking alcohol.

QUOTE (KillZedKill @ Feb 19 2007, 09:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (benmandude @ Feb 19 2007, 07:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Does alcohol in the base actually work. Does it give an intoxicating effect.

Yes it does, you get a slight buzz from it, and the cold/hot sensation of drinking alcohol.

really? I have some bacardi big apple laying around.. I think I'm gonna have to try that.