Southsmoke

mushrat

This is for posting your PERSONAL experiences with www.southsmoke.com. Please restrict your comments to what you ordered, customer service, delivery, and over all satisfaction.

If you had a problem, was it resolved in a satisfactory way?

Please post here only AFTER your transaction is complete.
Comments and questions by others will be restricted to the regular discussion forum and deleted from this topic if posted here.

Here's my review on southsmoke.com
I ordered something on on 2/3/07. I got tracking number (linked to fedex) the next day. And received my package this morning 2/6/07.

Ordered some cleaning brushes, 250g Golden Seal Al-Fakher Premium Strawberry, Bubbly motion lights, and 2 plastic containers for the shisha.

Just finishing smoking the Shisha and it's great. Nice and fresh.

It arrived well packaged with a giant air bag in it to prevent movement of items. Perfect for what I ordered.

I highly recommend getting the plastic containers. They are air-tight and hold exactly 250g of shisha and cost only $1.95

Couldn't ask for better... So far experience was 10/10 rolleyes.gif

02/07/07 update - One of the bubbly lights arrived broken. I contacted south smoke from their online form and immediately (within hours) I received an e-mail notifying me of a replacement that would be sent. Very fast response.

02/08/07 update - The new replacement of the lights arrived. These guys are great! Edited by RayVer

• 1 month later...
Ordered 3/21 at ~ 11pm, shipped 3/22, order recieved 3/23

Anyway I ordered ~20 50g boxes of various shisha and a couple other random items. Everything was packaged well, no problems. One of the bags did have a box but otherwise order arrived as expected. Opened one box and it was quite juicy. Would definitely order from them again because they have decent prices and is in state so fast shipping at least for me.

• 2 weeks later...
I've ordered from southsmoke everytime I have ordered shisha, and have never been disappointed. one time my package was damaged from fedex, and after contacting the company, they retrieved the package, replaced everything that was damaged, and even added a few bonus gifts for the delay, and reshipped it with ups. Since then all my packages have come ups.

I think their customer service is amazing, and I'll continue to order from Southsmoke!

Hey guys.

I just recived an order from South Smoke. The reason I went with this vendor is just because their prices on Mya's were just wonderful and they claimed to have a base I couldn't find any place else. I ordered the "Frost" Or, the 'Xtra Large' hookah in mya's carrying case shopping page. Mya's was 150.00, and South Smoke's, 115.95 - and they offered a hex-like starburst pattern for a vase. I thought they were full of shit, but whatever - I ordered the hookah none the less along with a tub of Al Waha strawberry and some lemon-wood coals. The total? With the fourm discount of 15%, and free shipping it came to 114.75. Nice price.

I ordered it on Sat of last week and just an hour or so after my order they processed my order and sent me a tracking number - further came back with the question I had about the base on weather or not it would be a black hex-style.

It would have been here thursday, however UPS would not deliver in the weather, so I got it today. On opening it I was greeted with a nice little letter from them regarding their customer service and an invoice sheet. This was my 1st time ordering with them and I guess they were 'welcoming' me. Everything was expertly packed and and everything was there. On opening the mya case, I was so happy to be greeted with exactly what I ordered, a black hex-style mya vase that I love and the 4 part stem that was shiney and new. It had everything along with instructions on setting the lock. I've been wanting a nice largrish 31-35 inch travel hookah for awhile when I'm visiting friends, I believe this will be perfect for me. The hookah was in pristine condition, smokes very well per the mya quality I've come to expect.

The lemon wood coals I recieved were not the ones I saw on the website, however they were replaced with a compairable brand. I honestly don't care, both brands work equally well in my most honest opinion. Alwaha was fresh and juciy.

I consider myself pleased with the low prices, high quality product, fast service, accuratly put awnsers to my questions and free shipping.

9/10 Only one point off because of the coals not being the same, but still... very happy with everything. Nice job South-Smoke!

• 2 weeks later...
I recently Ordered from them, the Mya Frost 31" Combination, the twist that made this site far different than the others, is the customer service, well in this case pre-customer service. i had never ordered anything from them, didnt even have an account, and i called customer service, and asked instead of the base that came with the hookah if they had another style i saw availible in europe, and they checked their on screen catalog and found just that. this being monday of that week, the woman i spoke to said, "Done" and she placed the order, and had it by friday, shipped same day, and i had it the next day once it arrived with them, no hassle, i even emailed them an addition to the ordered, they called to confirm, this was all accomplished with 2 call and 2 emails...

when i received my order, it came with everything as expected, plus extras, all VERY well packed plenty of padding, packing peanuts, and bubble wrap (i even got free shipping for orders OVER 75.00). overall from the 5 or 6 sites ive ordered from this site wins by a LONG shot... they ship same day, so even folks on the other coast wont be waiting long

i give Southsmoke a 10/10 for Complete and TOTAL satisfaction

PLUS i DIDNT KNOW THIS, MENTION TO CUSTOMER SERVICE YOU A MEMBER HERE AND YOU HAVE 10% DISCOUNT ON ANYTHING

• 4 weeks later...
I ordered the Mya frost 31'' from southsmoke along with charcoal, shisha, and many accessories on April 13th 2007. I ordered from them because they have really great prices on the Myas they offer. On top of that, they offer a %10 hookah forum discount and free shipping for orders over $75 which really sweetened the deal in my case. This also affected my decision in buying from them.

They shipped the order immediately and I received it a couple days later which was normal considering the shipping option I chose. Everything arrived as expected and well packaged. The only issue I had was that the bowl that came with the mya had a hole that was too big which caused it to slide past the bowl grommet. After calling them up about the issue they sent me a new bowl at no cost to me. The new bowl solved the issue which makes me a very satisfied customer.

I give them a 10/10.

• 5 weeks later...
After trying to find a place that shipped to APO (without having to email the site admin), I happened upon SouthSmoke. I got the Monsoon hookah and a bunch of other stuff (shisha, coals, etc.), and it was really easy to navigate the site and the cart and all that. I live overseas, so shipping stuff here usually takes a while. I was super happy to find out that it only took a week to get here. Everything came just as shown, and all my shisha was in great condition. I think I've found my site from now on for ordering anything related to hookahs.

10/10

Ordered a new base and some shisha. When the base came it had 2 small cracks in it that allowed water to slowly leak from it. i called the customer service number and explained the problem. they promptly sent me a new one and let me keep the old one
A+ 10/10

OK, I purchased my first Hookah EVER from SouthSmoke and I was IMPRESSED!!! I purchased this for their advertised priced...received the item....used it twice then saw that they offered it for sale at nearly $30.00 off. I called them and they credited my account!..NOW, that's service!

It was a little slow getting to me BUT I did get free shipping and I am VERY happy with their customer service, attitudes and product!

mansonfan

I ordered my first Hookah from them back in October.
I ordered the sultan hookah with free cleaning supplies, canary coals, and two tubs of Al-waha.
My package arrived one weeks later, the tobacco was their and in good condition, the coals where not as advertised and the hookah shaft looked beat up, no cleaning supplies were included.
I called and they promptly sent me the brushes and a new stem.
GhostofDavid had a problem with coals as well. I have ordered the advertised Golden Canry coals on 3 occasions and instead get Silver Coals shipped to me. So i'm paying for 96 pieces and I only get 65 and its a cheap knock coal but their still charging me name brand price. When I call to complain I get the usual junk about them being out.
What I think their doing as far as the coals go is the old bait and switch, make you pay for a name brand coal and then send you a cheap imitation of said coal.
I have since been buying all of my stuff from Hookah company.

• 2 weeks later...
I ordered a 250 g tub of Al Waha Vanilla (on sale) and a box of Pharoah's Elite Quick light coals. The AW Vanilla was juicy and fresh. The coals although not reviewed in this forum are very good. Everything packaged well and shipped fast. Great job.

Update

I received my second order today from South Smoke. I ordered several 50 g packs of shisha, new cleaning brushes, and some grommets. Everything arrived fine except for 1 50 g pack of Al Waha looked like it was crushed in transit and leaked juice on the outer box. It appeared a little less juicy than the Al Waha I ordered from them before. I notified them not to complain but because they asked in a letter that was in the package for feedback. They quickly responded and gave me a gift certificate for the price of the shisha! That's great customer service in my opinion! Very well done. Edited by Dunkel!

• 4 weeks later...
Ordered a Mya Acrylic 26", cleaning brush set, stem adapter, and a 50g Al Waha After 9 during their 15% off sale when they were upgrading their facilities. The whole thing cost me $76 and free shipping. Awesome deal.

After placing my order, I emailed them asking for a stem that is able to be converted up to a 4 hoser and the next morning they actually had someone call me and answer all my questions very professionally and promptly. Great! I got the package via UPS (woulda preferred FedEx) and upon opening it, there were two airbags for padding, two letters of appreciation and hookah setup, and all the things packaged in foam or bubble wrap sitting on top of a bed of packaging nuts. Very professional packing.

Overall, I'm extremely satisfied by my experience with South Smoke and I will definitely be doing business with them in the future.

10/10!!!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
I have had nothing but problems with their customer service.

They charged my credit card twice for the same order. I phoned and complained, but the customer service woman was defensive right from the start and said no such thing had occurred. I quoted the separate transaction numbers, reading from my bank's electronic banking screen. SouthSmoke was adamant they hadn't put a second charge through, thus would not reverse one of the charges.

I was able to get the charge reversed from my bank. Four weeks later, when nothing showed up on my doorstep, I called my bank again and had the second charge reversed. To this day (about 2 years later) that package has never arrived.

About 2 weeks after that (6 weeks from the attempted order) SouthSmoke called me to ask if I wanted to place another order. But a few minutes into the phonecall (still in the "hello?" phase, really, as I'd been asleep - they called at 8am my time) she recognized my name, grew icey, and said they wouldn't sell to me because I'd been rude to them last time we talked - when I was trying to get a double charge reversed, you may recall. Then she hung up on me.

To this day they email me about every month offering me 'specials'. I've given up emailing back asking to be taken off their list, as they don't respond and don't remove me from their spam list.

Very, very, very not impressed with this company.

I ordered a Lebanese Male Fitting Bowl, Al Waha Honey, winter flower and pineapple. I also got some cleaning brushes. Great service because i could track the area that my shipment was in and it delivered within 3 business days. 10/10

• 5 months later...
I placed an order with Southsmoke on Friday for some cleaning brushes and some shisha, the Al Waha 12 pack and 3 other flavors. I ordered the Vanilla flavor, and within and by the end of the day I was contacted and told that the vanilla I ordered was out of stock and to call back to let them know what to do. They said the order would be put on hold so it wouldn't be shipped til monday anyways. I called them monday and asked if they had it in a different brand, they didn't but they recommended a flavor from the same company (Layalina) in the jasmine flavor because sthey said it was sweet like vanilla, so I went ahead and did that. My order was shipped Tuesday and arrived Thursday. All products arrived in great shape.

Overall I would rate my experience a 10, GREAT customer service, very fast shipping, and the prices were right on, I will order from them again for sure!

I recommend them.

• 8 months later...
Ordered a hookah bag from them, received it and after the first use when going on a trip to NH the teeth on the zipper were starting to fall off. Contacted them they instantly said no prob just send a pic over email so i don't have to send it back and have it cost more. Saw the pic, said no prob, got a new bag in 2 days and the teeth are much stronger on this bag.

A++++ for SouthSmoke

• 2 months later...
Made an order friday morning. By mid afternoon I received a call about my order. The Vase color I wanted had a slight defection and it was the last they had in stock so they asked if they should go ahead and send it or if I wanted a different color. I went with the different color. Anyways, by the end of the business day I received an email notifying me that my order had been shipped. Today is friday and I now have my new hookah. Everything came in great condition and i'm satisfied. I do recommend this vendor.

• 2 months later...
Southsmoke has a special on Al-Fakher shisha right now... I ordered 15 50g boxes (10 i paid for at $ 2.80 the other five were free) on Friday the 26th. They called me around 1030 on Saturday morning to resolve a conflict with my credit card( I just moved cities and apparently when you call a credit card company and change the billing address they enjoy taking their sweet time.... somewhere around a week and a half). I corrected the billing address and was informed that because of the delay my shisha would not arrive for an additional day or two... which put the expected delivery date around the first or second of july.

So today I wake up and drive over to a friends house and return about an hour ago... There is my shisha sitting on the front porch. I open up the box and check the shipping statement against the boxes of shisha i have. Southsmoke even through a 6th free box in, by mistake or not i have no idea, of strawberry margarita havana shisha.

In summary, great deal in my opinion, al-fakher shisha seems to be more expensive (around 3.50 a box) at most of the other websites ive visited. GREAT customer service, I didn't receive the email notification about my credit card issues until after i had gotten off the phone with the customer service representative. Couldn't have asked for a better experience even with the issues i had. I give southsmoke.com a definite 10/10 and recommend this company to anyone looking for hookah related stuff.

-Dylan

• 7 months later...
I recently got a small order from Southsmoke.com...just 2 Al Fakher 50g boxes and 2 Al Fakher natural charcoal bags. A lot of their prices seem really low, especially the bags of coals which are $.50 cheaper than AlFakherOnline.com as of this post. I ordered it on Feb. 1 via UPS Ground Saver and got it on Feb. 4th (of course we're not that far from each other...They're in SC I think and I'm in TN). I called them twice before I placed the order and they were informative and helpful. Shipping was fairly reasonable as well.

• 1 month later...
I just got my order in. Everything arrived just when they said it would, and it was delivered at around noon. Perfect!!! One of the boxes was crushed and I called their number to ask about that, to see if it was still alright. They are sending a free box for me to replace my crushed one. And i get to keep the crushed one, which seems perfectly fine, I jsut wanted to ask if it was still alrgiht to smoke!!!

So they are very pleasent people to deal with.

The one complaint I have is that the woman on the phone seemed a bit brusque (or however you spell it). But since I work in customer service I feel her pain, and it wasn't too bad. She is probably just having a bad day at work.

• 9 months later...
There was a problem with a hookah I wished to order, and they actually swapped hardware from another hookah that was a different color into what I ordered-effectively ensuring I got exactly what I want. They have great deals, amazing support, and I've never had an order I've been unsatisfied with. I've also had them throw in a few extras, from a couple of 50g boxes of AF to spare hardware and grommets. They're a great vendor, and if you want a Mya (not so much a KM, since they only carry one) there's really no reason to go anywhere else. They even called me once before, to ask me if there was a particular brand or make of tray I wanted when I ordered-and the guy put me on speaker while he went through boxes in the warehouse finding exactly what I wanted.

I routinely purchased starbuzz shisha from southsmoke for a while and everything was great. If they are on special and match up with other sites, then I'd likely use them again.

I've also bought a couple vortex bowl heads from them. Always shipped on time and with the correct items. Their breaking was almost always due to my own clumsiness.

10/10