Burn Damage?

Burn Damage?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Be honest, how many of you have burnt something...

• Yes, I have damaged something (carpet/furniture/etc.)
    • No damage
    • Refuse to answer as I might jinx myself

See the cute little pooch in my sig <-- , my Cairn Terrier... Vinny... was getting brushed by my wife last night while we were all relaxing watching a flick. My wife pulled out a knot on his chest and took the hair and placed it on the coffee table next to my 32inch Egyptian. 10 minutes later my dog got a little anxious to get his hair back and decided to jump up (2 paws) and reach for his hair. He never goes near the table as he knows better, but when I told him to get down, he leaped sideways getting tangled in the hose.

Timbbbbbberrrrrrrrr. 2 large holes in my carpet, chaos cleaning it up. Dog was fine, wife was pissed. She got over it quickly though when I reminded her about the time she knocked over nail polish remover on my new bedroom set.

All this did was get my ass in gear for putting down new flooring which I was going to do in the spring anyway, so no big deal, besides a runner covers it.

My question is this, and be honest. How many of you have damaged one thing or another in your days smoking?

There are a ridiculous amount of burns in my coffee table and the carpet at my place. Mostly from before I moved in…

Drunken college students and hookahs mix well…. As long as there is no coal involved! rolleyes.gif

i was smoking outside with a few friends, and one of the idiots kicked the table, sending a freshly lit coal landing right on top of my plastic table, by the time i cleaned it all up, there were few decent sized holes in my table

There was a nice streak last year when me and my roommate simply could not hold a coal to save our lives, while lighting them they would regularly fall, causing holes in: sleeping bags, bookbags, slippers, shirts and my favorite, our spring course catalogue. Once (while using god damned Three Crowns), it just crumbled causing lots of little hot coals to shower our fabric strewn floor. Yeah, stomping out fires had never been that much fun.

I dropped a coal on my friends carpet once. It broke apart, and left a few small burns. sad.gif The carpet was an extra piece that he was using under a table in his basement, so no biggy. I just felt so bad because it was someone else's property. When I ruin my own stuff, that's one thing, but ruining someone else's? That makes me feel like crap. Luckily my buddy really didn't care.

I thought about one of those bowls with the windscreen lid, unfortunately I'm hooked on the phunnel so there goes that idea.

As a precautionary measure, today I added the following to an order from MYA I placed the other day:
http://www.myasaray.com/store/item.asp?ITE...EPARTMENT_ID=36

At least I won't have to walk around my house with tongs and coals just waiting for a coal to break or slip out of grasp blink.gif

i used to have a shag rug in my room, but one day my friend was carrying a newly lit 3k coal and it exploded like 2ft from my hookah into a billion little lit pieces of coal so it got stuck deep within my carpet and burned straight through it. XD took rushed the carpet out of my room to the hose and drenched it with water. Held it up to the sun and there are like 12 holes with sun going through it, ahaha funnies part was one of the little pieces of coal landing on my friend foot and seeing him dance around haha.

about a month ago some drunk a--hole knocked over a pipe and the coal landed straight on my arm... Now i have a nice little burn mark from where it landed... I was pissed but it was nothing a beer and some hookah couldnt fix smile.gif

I lit a trashcan on fire on two separate occasions, I dropped hot coals in my shirt pockets on two separate occasions (on subsequent nights, too). I've burnt my arm, my leg and my arm. I've seen other people leave burn marks, while I was smoking. Not me, though.

I've only broken 3 jars in 10 years, too.

You're not the first one that said they witnessed a 3kings coal explode. I just can't see this happening, hope it never does blink.gif

I've had japanese coals fall apart on me hbefore, but luckily near the tray.

The trick to remove burn marks from carpets my secret is revealed

First move the coal off the floor

Second take a serrated (hope I spelled that I mean it has teeth) knife

Third go to the burn and cut up the rug underneath which should leave you with rug still showing but not burned

I have a great story. When we first started to design Smiley's Hookah Lounge. I was trying a way to replace the foil. So I used a soy sauce dish and drilled some holes. Placed it on top of the head. Everything was going great. The flavor was amazeing no tinny flavor. But I then decided to blow back into the hose to release the stale smoke and Boomb the whole thing blew up and there was scards of ceramic dish everywhere and on the carpet were three three kings melting down into the carpet. That sucked. but I knew how to fix it thank god. I pulled some of the fiber up and took them to home depot and match them up with the carpet that was the same color and thickness. I bought a square foot. I went home and got a box cutter and cut out a square around the burned make. I used contact cement to hold it down and cut a piece to fit. Trimed it up and it looked brand new. I got my deposits back from that rental when I left.
Whew that was close.
Smiley biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Sonthert @ Jan 16 2007, 10:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I lit a trashcan on fire on two separate occasions, I dropped hot coals in my shirt pockets on two separate occasions (on subsequent nights, too). I've burnt my arm, my leg and my arm. I've seen other people leave burn marks, while I was smoking. Not me, though.

I've only broken 3 jars in 10 years, too.

I had a costumer try to catch the glass pyrex screen with his leg. He didn't quite do it. But he had a nice burn mark. The screen broke but sense he had the exact burn of the screen we were able to match it up with a new one. I didn't charge him. I figured he was marked for a while. Smiley Brand
Smiley
(Team Jefferson)