Making Your Own Bowl?

kavoarka

So I left all my bowls at school with the Hookah i normally use and i am back home now. I have a hookah here but not the bowl. Anyway i can make a bowl out of household goods or anything. All the hookahs i have ever made we always just use a regular bowl so i am stuck. Any ideas?

try using some aluminum foil and make a bowl... get some rubber bands and strap them down... hard. that should make a seal.

You will have to use much less coal (as the foil gets hotter, faster) and your heat management will be much more intesive... but, it should work.

• 9 months later...
Once upon a time, a friend and I made a totally home made hookah. We used a tiny clay pot I found at Wal-Mart (like for crafts and such) for the bowl. Cut it down with a hacksaw, drilled a hole in the center (that would just barely fit over the stem), and put a faucet screen over that. I got FAT ass clouds from that thing. =]

For much better stability, you could get a rubber cork or something like that, drill the same size hole through that, and attach it to the bottom of the pot, IE:

Edited by wirelesspropaganda

There is so much commentary on metals and relative danger. We should have some kind of study stickied just to clear it up. I'd look now but I have class. Maybe I'll be an asshole and not pay attention and look anyways while she lectures. Not like its stuff I don't already know.

*Update*

Class got canceled (hurrah!) So I'm going to go home and put some work into that. Or play slide guitar. One of the two. Edited by Geiseric

Ha ha!
I made a sweet bowl in pottery club on yesterday! (Pottery club was the lesser of the two evils I was forced to do)
It was the biggest bowl I've ever seen!
Once it's fired I'll pack a fattie bowl and let you guys know how it turns out. Edited by Cheese//

I made a bowl out of aluminum foil after my bowl broke. I used a thin strip of duct tape to make a seal with the stem. It actually worked really well, got really thick smoke. It lasted longer than I thought it would, too, though it was a very small bowl.

I made the shape of the bottom of the bowl with the foil, then added another layer with holes in it like the part of the bowl you actually put the shisha in, and used another layer of foil to put the coal on. Edited by lemmiwinks

i went camping w/one of my friends and we forgot our bowl at home, so we made one out of two beer cans:

[attachment=697:summer_2007_051.jpg]

we put one beer can ontop of the hookah and put holes ont he bottom of it for the smoke to get to the bowl, and then we cut another can in half to put the coals on. worked pretty well