Watercooling Computers

Scheetz

I am curious if anyone else watercools their computers. I have done 2 systems now and I am on my 3rd as we speak. Waiting on my new pump to come in, sitting 30 minutes away at Fed Ex right now till the 2nd.

Pics of my first setup. Did this back in 03.

my second build was in a Cooler Master Stacker case. I dont have pics of it but my third build is using the same case just with new pump and some custom case installs. Will post up pics when it is done.

I am doing a custom acrylic install within the case to hid away part of the mobo and the wiring. I broke the damn acrylic sheet though so I felt like gluing it back together, to lazy to drive to Lowes for a $2 sheet. It should look damn good though when its done.

In a few months I am going to build another computer for the business so I am going to use a Ultra MicroFly Micro ATX Case.

With all my setups I have been able to overclock my 3.2 ghz and my vid cards and still hold a stable 28*C with great bench marks. My new setup should allow for colder temps. After this build I think I may move on to Peltier cooling just for the hell of it.

I would love to have a watercooled system... but with just a now older dell (Dimension 8250), it's pointless for me to try something like that. Whenever I get a way better job *or have some money come my way*, I plan on getting a pimpin system, though biggrin.gif

Looks Pretty Good!

Are you on XtremeSystems & if so, what's your handle.
Great WC forum,

You need a new block (STORM FTW!)

3 Opteron 170s @ 2.8 Ghz (even my wife's is WCed biggrin.gif)

The Machine is ALWAYs looking for people to Crunch for Us.

Edited by hookahmike

I have heard about the Storm, but my Maze 4 has worked great for my over clocking. Unfortunately all the people I have lived with (parents, roommates and others) have liked their living conditions on the warmer side. So having an insane block doesn't do much for me. I like it somewhat cold, so it helps my temps.

My new setup for the smaller case will run a new block. So the storm is an option for that.

For forums, I am on Overclockers and Xoxides forum. Ill have to check out Xtremesystems.

my newest update for what I am building now.

The Rad has a air conditioning vent which both 120s are feeding to. My parents always roll their eyes when I inform them of another water cooling setup. The Danner mag pump I have in the older photos kepts cracking at the head. So I opted for a new pump from Danger Den.

QUOTE (Zerodynamic @ Jan 1 2007, 09:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
so i gotta ask... ya'll ever sprung a leak? laugh.gif

Why yes, yes I have.. wink.gif

but on topic. Thats why I removed my 2nd setup. The pump head cracked and I could not get a replacement. So I put my air cooling back on. But once you watercool you can never leave it. So I have since gone back to it.

I watercooled my rig for a long time went through at least 4 or 5 set ups over the past couple of years. Your rig looks pretty good there Scheetz. Are yall ever on EOCF? http://forums.extremeoverclocking.com/ Ive recently gone back to air since I moved over from an a64 to a c2d. I didn't feel like replacing the blocks and cramming them all in my case again. So heres to laziness tongue.gif

[attachment=18:rig.jpg]
this is my rig in one of its previous incarnations

Thats something I flirted with doing a couple of years ago... I did worry about leakeage and got scared off of it.

I did overclock this one.... did some modding to the case to optimize airflow... however, this thing has been running a bit warmer in its old age... I keep thinking I might go ahead and get myself a squirrel cage fan.... or water cool. The truble is that Im kinda thinkin about doing another board build, new HDD's on SATA and a PCX16 sockets.... new vid card.... new power supply.

QUOTE (hookahmike @ Jan 1 2007, 06:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Looks Pretty Good!

Are you on XtremeSystems & if so, what's your handle.
Great WC forum,

You need a new block (STORM FTW!)

3 Opteron 170s @ 2.8 Ghz (even my wife's is WCed biggrin.gif)

The Machine is ALWAYs looking for people to Crunch for Us.

HA!! holy crap an XSer on here. small world!!

ive been on XS for YEARS with this handle. i havnt been around much in the last year due to not having a desktop to overclock or the money to invest in an OC setup. sad.gif

That's pretty cool! I used to be really big into modding and LANing. Never got into watercooling tho, as it seemed like it would be a hassle/bad idea to travel all around to LANs with a watercooled rig, lol.

TYLER

quick photo of the completion. The acrylic sheet looks sick with the cold cathodes behind it. It makes the whole frosted sheet glow blue.

what happens when you upgrade to a huge ass widescreen monitor with badass response times.

the acrylic does look phatty, I've played with windowing some rom drives before and the acrylic ones came out the best. Oh and what kind of monitor did you get there?